Llambias insists that Joe will be back at NUFC

Thespence

Bassong  - Good player and getting better agreed

Jonas - Like him a lot has summik to offer us but no end product

Ranger - Young player, not played in the prem, dont know how he will develop

Colo to a extent - Average at best, first season in the prem so will give home a break

Guthrie in terms of value for money - Aye, canny at best.

So out of 4 transfer windows or whatever we have found 1 good player.

Well done those chaps.

Four average to good players, one with potential.

Out of 4 transfer windows, thats a piss poor return really.

Only two really, Wise didn't come in until Feb 2008 so we've only had one summer and one winter transfer window with 'the system' in place.

Imagine how some of our players would perform if they knew for sure that Kinnear was out in the summer.

We can't allow for even a hint of complacency considering the club's current position.

It makes a lot of sense to go with the Joe for the long haul angle tbh.

Imagine how some of our players would perform if they knew for sure that Kinnear was out in the summer.

We can't allow for even a hint of complacency considering the club's current position.

A new low for you?  :nope:

Guest Darth Toon

4 windows already. Should be in the CL tbf.

We should have a slightly better grouping then 4 average to good players at the club, brought in by the amazing D Wise.

It's OK though, getting rid of talentless wasters like Given, N'Zogbia, Milner, Emre makes up for it.

Out of 4 transfer windows, thats a piss poor return really.

Well if you're going to put it like that...

If we're going to include Nile Ranger in it then by that logic the likes of Kadar, Baheng, Tozer and Soderberg should be in it too. All having potential but having not made the step up yet.

I'd also add Beye, Faye, Enrique, Taylor (decent value) and even Lovenkrands given he came on a free. Nolan I'm really not sure of, Barton is too much of a liability, Viduka would have been decent if he could stay fit (and was a few years younger).

Smith, Cacapa, Zamblera have all been utter failures, but we can only say that in hindsight. I was reasonably satisfied with those three when we first heard word of them coming in. Geremi was a mistake but has on the odd occasion given something to the team. Gonzalez came on loan and hasn't had a chance so he doesn't really count, Xisco has been unlucky and hasn't a chance so I'm totally against writing him off.

No it's not a terribly impressive list, but then again the managers have to take some of the blame for that as well as Ashley who hasn't been as forthcoming with the money as we'd have liked/needed.

What I'm saying is that in the meantime it does no harm saying he's here for the long haul, an example being that it keeps the players on their toes.

I think he'll be gone in the summer personally. There isn't really a major positive for them stating this now though is there?

Well ... other than to keep from bothering Parky's poor head.

:aww:

What I'm saying is that in the meantime it does no harm saying he's here for the long haul, an example being that it keeps the players on their toes.

I think he'll be gone in the summer personally. There isn't really a major positive for them stating this now though is there?

Well ... other than to keep from bothering Parky's poor head.

4 windows already. Should be in the CL tbf.

We should have a slightly better grouping then 4 average to good players at the club, brought in by the amazing D Wise.

It's OK though, getting rid of talentless wasters like Given, N'Zogbia, Milner, Emre makes up for it.

They're not talentless, no-one says that. Given and N'Zogbia wanted out, so it was inevitable that they would leave. Yes its partly the clubs fault for convincing them NUFC wasn't where they wanted to be but it's not like the club actually wanted them to go. They clearly didn't do enough to change their minds, whether they felt they made enough effort is debatable.

Milner we got a good deal for, and he wanted out too (hence the transfer request). Emre was and is full of talent, but he was far too inconsistent and much too much of a liability when it came to injuries etc. He was one of my favourite players on his day but in retrospect I wasn't surprised to see him go.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2272795.ece

OBAFEMI MARTINS has vowed to take the pressure off Joe Kinnear when he returns to work at Newcastle.

The Toon manager is recovering from a triple heart bypass and will not go back until April.

But in the meantime £10million striker Martins promises to give Kinnear the perfect get-well present by firing the Magpies to safety.

Martins, who made his comeback from a hernia op last weekend, said: “The lads talk about Joe all the time and everyone is looking forward to his return.

“We need to go all out, fight and grind out some good results for him. I am sure there is nothing he wants so badly than a perfect gift on his return from hospital.

“He’s a good man and someone who is passionate about the club, so he deserves our best wishes.

“The lads have been fantastic and battling really hard while the rest of us recover from injury.

“But I think having me, Mark Viduka and Alan Smith back is a big plus for the club as we fight to fix a season that has not gone quite as planned.”

Kinnear has targeted a return against Stoke on April 11, eight weeks after his life-saving surgery.

But Martins insists No 2 Chris Hughton has been a great stand-in.

He added: “Chris has been doing a wonderful job. He knows what he wants and explains it to everyone on the pitch.”

Hope the rest of the squad share that motivation, probably Kinnear's redeeming quality is he's probably a popular figure if a bit clueless about modern football.

Why does Martins give comments to the Sun and not anyone else? Always puzzled me.

I don't he does, as for The Sun; I'm pretty sure they've made some up in the past or at the very least used old quotes in a new article.

Guest johnson293

From the BBC rumours page...

Newcastle are set to offer manager Joe Kinnear a new two-year deal at St James' Park. (Various)

I thought he already had a 2.5 year deal sitting on the table??

Colo to a extent - Average at best, first season in the prem so will give home a break

Well done those chaps.

Xisco?

Either they just don't care anymore or they're the most shockingly inept football management team in the history of the Premiership.

I don't know which possibility frightens me more.

It is both tbh

Guest Petay

The prospect of Joe back has left me so depressed it's horrible.  Its madness and can only end one of two ways; 1. He gets ill and we're stuck in this mess again 2. He gets fired at some point next season and we in the same old mess that leads tosser commentators to say "It's never boring at Newcastle", I disagree I find it intensely boring the constant state of crisis we're in.  Why would anyone want to offer him a contract, he's a very ill average manager.  I'm actually looking forward to the end of next season because that is the only time I can see us making any progress if Joe stays in charge, as I'm assuming he'll have been fired by then.

Did anyone hear the Llambias interview at HT on Radio Newcastle...fuck me we are in the shite next season, if we stay up.  Didnt exactly say anything to sell season tickets either.

What did he say?

Did anyone hear the Llambias interview at HT on Radio Newcastle...fuck me we are in the shite next season, if we stay up.  Didnt exactly say anything to sell season tickets either.

The one from the other day or a new one?

Well done those chaps.

Xisco?

I'd say even the lad himself has forgotten if he's any good or not.

Here we are...looking at getting an interim manager to stand in for the interim manager. Could we possibly look any more clueless?  :idiot2:

We shouldn't be looking for an interim manager, we should be looking for a manager to take us on full time and we should have been doing that from the day the club was taken off the market.