Llambias insists that Joe will be back at NUFC

Thespence

The levels of incompetence of this lot does not even suprise me anymore.

I have no doubt Joe will be there man next year. Hes the only one stupid enough to act as the footballing front man for their incompetence.  :sadnod:

:rant:

It's not stupidity on Kinnear's part, quite the opposite.

He has no business managing a Premiership club, he'd basically be an average sort of manager in the lower divisions truth be told, and deep down he probbaly knows that. In his wildest dreams he can't have imagined he'd ever get the chance to manage a Premiership club again, and he'll hang on for dear life to the opportunity as long as he can.

If that requires he tow the line and do what he's told by the guys in charge, not a problem. I reckon he'd suck Llambias off to keep the job if that's what was asked of him, because once he's gone from Newcastle he'll never have a job like it again.

Shambles.

I have no doubt Joe will be there man next year. Hes the only one stupid enough to act as the footballing front man for their incompetence.  :sadnod:

He has no business managing a Premiership club, he'd basically be an average sort of manager in the lower divisions truth be told, and deep down he probbaly knows that. In his wildest dreams he can't have imagined he'd ever get the chance to manage a Premiership club again, and he'll hang on for dear life to the opportunity as long as he can.

If that requires he tow the line and do what he's told by the guys in charge, not a problem. I reckon he'd suck Llambias off to keep the job if that's what was asked of him, because once he's gone from Newcastle he'll never have a job like it again.

Shambles.

Don't be silly. "Team Ashley" know what they are doing, remember JFKs better than Cappello...

Shambles.

The only question is why that contract remains unsigned. ???

Shambles.

The only question is why that contract remains unsigned. ???

Nice one. Hang your hat on that then, it's the only thing left.

I've seen at least one person in this thread go with the idea that they sort of have to say this sort of thing, to keep Kinnear sweet. They're hardly going to come out to the press and not support him are they?

Fact is though if they actually believe he is the right man for the job (whether we get relegated or not) and continue to support him as such during the Summer and going into next season, then I will give up all the slight belief I had in the regime knowing what they are doing. I think it is inevitable what would happen next season anyway if we stay up, the fans will get more and more restless and eventually the regime will cave in and get rid. Worryingly I don't trust them to make the right decision then either in terms of replacing him, and it will also mean a Summer full of Kinnear signings which I wouldn't be too enthused about at all. It would also mean a new man if he came in wouldn't be able to get his own players either.

At the end of the day, Kinnear should go at the end of this season and no later. There is no logical explanation for keeping him on.

Don't think i could cope with another season of JFK as manager.

We would finish 20th next season with him, tbh I dont think Ashley would even sack him so as we sink Kinnear would still be there. That is bad enough but just think of the chaos, the protests and demonstrations outside SJP after games would be unreal.

I've seen at least one person in this thread go with the idea that they sort of have to say this sort of thing, to keep Kinnear sweet. They're hardly going to come out to the press and not support him are they?

Why come out to the press at all? They dont have to answer to the paper talk as most people know its all bollocks.

Whilst he can't say owt else, i've got no faith that he isn't lying.

Ha. When it's positive, i think they're lying. When it's negative, i think they're telling the truth. Ridiculous, but very true; that's just the perspective i've got of this shambolic ownership.

Why come out to the press at all? They dont have to answer to the paper talk as most people know its all bollocks.

Exactly, they didn't have a problem about saying fuck all recently so why talk about JFK now?

probably looking at cheapest option business wise, not necessarily the right one but one which suits their purpose spend little but remain in the premiership,perhaps relegation would be the best option it may at least force decisions on those in control.

Some more quotes from Mr L that were in tonight Ronnie Gill

However, Llambias has told Kinnear to “chill out”, with the Toon boss champing at the bit to get involved again.

Llambias said: “Joe was on the phone for about an hour and a half to Chris on Saturday.

“Chris and Colin will talk to him on a regular basis. Unless they cut the phone lines around his house there is no way he won’t commun-icate.

“He phoned me at 11pm on Saturday night because he needed some information.

“The next morning he was back on the phone to Chris for two hours.

“He then rang me again. I have had to tell him he is meant to be resting.

“It’s the way Joe is.

“He is always on the phone, looking at stats and talking to the team.

“He has to learn that for two or three weeks he has to calm down and take it easy.

He’s passionate and he cares – he gets what Newcastle is all about.

“I hope he grows on everybody. He’s an honest fella and he loves the club.

“The thing with the manager is we’re backing him. He’s back on board.

“He’s got to make a good recovery and he’s got to take it easy. He needs to chill out.

“But I will see him on Saturday.”

Full article @ http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/24/llambias-we-ve-got-faith-in-chris-hughton-72703-22996279/

Guest firetotheworks

Some more quotes from Mr L that were in tonight Ronnie Gill

However, Llambias has told Kinnear to “chill out”, with the Toon boss champing at the bit to get involved again.

Llambias said: “Joe was on the phone for about an hour and a half to Chris on Saturday.

“Chris and Colin will talk to him on a regular basis. Unless they cut the phone lines around his house there is no way he won’t commun-icate.

“He phoned me at 11pm on Saturday night because he needed some information.

“The next morning he was back on the phone to Chris for two hours.

“He then rang me again. I have had to tell him he is meant to be resting.

“It’s the way Joe is.

“He is always on the phone, looking at stats and talking to the team.

“He has to learn that for two or three weeks he has to calm down and take it easy.

“He’s passionate and he cares – he gets what Newcastle is all about.

“I hope he grows on everybody. He’s an honest fella and he loves the club.

“The thing with the manager is we’re backing him. He’s back on board.

“He’s got to make a good recovery and he’s got to take it easy. He needs to chill out.

“But I will see him on Saturday.”

Full articler @ http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/24/llambias-we-ve-got-faith-in-chris-hughton-72703-22996279/

Pass the scissors.

I know the club read these boards or they used to so they must know what the general consensus amongst the fans is. Not just on Kinnear, but ranging from a whole host of things such as Llambias still being in charge. I just really don't get them anymore.

They already know:

I know some of the fans have questioned whether he is the right man for the job, but I hope they give him the time to convince them that he is.

Also:

I hope he grows on everybody.