They are getting ready to blame KK for less transfer money (smoke, mirrors etc).

Parky

To be honest, Im more concerned at replacing JK with a good manager than the speculation over the transfer budget.

I'm not going to bother worrying about how much we're gonna spend because in reality, even Ashley doesnt know how much we're going to spend at this rate. Its crazy.

So the £4m settlement has just been pulled out of someone's arse to suit their argument?

Crikey, new low in this thread, and there's a few lows to be had.

he seems to know far more about this case than the rest of us. i say we believe him.

He is the Son of God Kevin Keegan, he's entitled to know a bit more in all fairness  :angel:

FYP

:rolleyes:

So the £4m settlement has just been pulled out of someone's arse to suit their argument?

Crikey, new low in this thread, and there's a few lows to be had.

he seems to know far more about this case than the rest of us. i say we believe him.

He is the Son of God, he's entitled to know a bit more in all fairness  :angel:

Just Skol isn't it? Scraggy haired college kid from Boro? Knows nothing tbh....

;)

I think people are referring to this:

“We are hoping to reach two important settlements in the next week or so which potentially could cost the club a lot of money,”

“One of those is the settlement with Kevin Keegan and the other is the fee for Jonas Gutiérrez. We are talking about millions of pounds here and, if we have to pay out a vast sum of money, that will hit our revenue elsewhere.”

They stated many times "Kevin has the final say on players"

Then Keegan says "Imo a manager should not a player imposed on him"

Then came the FACT statement... surely if the bit in bold was true, they would have listed "It is a fact Kevin Keegan had the final say on players”? Instead of "It is a fact Kevin Keegan agreed to the system”?

The dodgyness of the DOF system seems to be very telling by the fact they want Joe Kinnear long term, a better manager coming in would give credibility to the system, surely they'd want that if there’s nothing dodgy about it?

Ha ha...Dodgy alright.

How to  buy a club effectively with its own revenue while at the same time make out it's broke. The Glazers have nothing on this fella.

Exactly. A court case will also make the facts of the situation public, whereas a settlement will come with a gag order for Keegan.

No one can gag Keegan unless he agrees to it, and the only way he will settle quietly is if his case isn't watertight (which it obviously isn't).

A settlement is an agreement between the two parts, so Keegan will of course have to agree to it. But you have no reason to assume Keegan will accept it only if his case isn't watertight. They may chose to pay him more in a settlement than he could expect from a court case, rather than risking a PR disaster, and Keegan might think money is worth more than publicly humiliating the people at the club. We don't know.

But basically, a settlement means the club think they may have more to lose by letting the case go public, and that Keegan think he has no more to win, or small chance of it, by taking it further.

Interesting opinion. One that just seems to pluck any possibility out of thin air with no regard to how probable it is in reality.

Do you have experience of employment litigation issues? To be offering such wildly improbable scenarios i'd hazard not.

"Lets give him 12m out of court so we dont have to give him 9m in court".

Genius. 

Clearly not what he was trying to say, but fair play for being so pig headed.

Keegan will not necessarily get the full £9 million he is asking for but still win the case and still get some compo from the club, as well as having the satisfaction of having the lame excuses trotted out by those in charge on full view to all and sundry.

Ashley isn't in the business of giving away cash so the fact they're trying to settle out of court speaks volumes.

With Keegan apparently liable for 2m then an out of court settlement doesnt speak volumes about anything.

If Keegan is liable and the club aren't at fault why are they giving him £4 million?

Oh sorry, i've just realised you live in cloud cuckoo land and Ashley has already paid out.

It's looking likely it's going to be settled out of court, with MA parting with some cash. If Keegan is liable why may MA be about to give him £4 million? Sensible answer please.

alternativly if NUFC are liable why is keegan willing to settle for half.

an out of court settlememnt of this style would,to me, seem to imply neither side was too sure of the ground they were on.

Exactly. A court case will also make the facts of the situation public, whereas a settlement will come with a gag order for Keegan.

No one can gag Keegan unless he agrees to it, and the only way he will settle quietly is if his case isn't watertight (which it obviously isn't).

A settlement is an agreement between the two parts, so Keegan will of course have to agree to it. But you have no reason to assume Keegan will accept it only if his case isn't watertight. They may chose to pay him more in a settlement than he could expect from a court case, rather than risking a PR disaster, and Keegan might think money is worth more than publicly humiliating the people at the club. We don't know.

But basically, a settlement means the club think they may have more to lose by letting the case go public, and that Keegan think he has no more to win, or small chance of it, by taking it further.

Interesting opinion. One that just seems to pluck any possibility out of thin air with no regard to how probable it is in reality.

Do you have experience of employment litigation issues? To be offering such wildly improbable scenarios i'd hazard not.

"Lets give him 12m out of court so we dont have to give him 9m in court".

Genius. 

Clearly not what he was trying to say, but fair play for being so pig headed.

Keegan will not necessarily get the full £9 million he is asking for but still win the case and still get some compo from the club, as well as having the satisfaction of having the lame excuses trotted out by those in charge on full view to all and sundry.

Ashley isn't in the business of giving away cash so the fact they're trying to settle out of court speaks volumes.

With Keegan apparently liable for 2m then an out of court settlement doesnt speak volumes about anything.

If Keegan is liable and the club aren't at fault why are they giving him £4 million?

Oh sorry, i've just realised you live in cloud cuckoo land and Ashley has already paid out.

It's looking likely it's going to be settled out of court, with MA parting with some cash. If Keegan is liable why may MA be about to give him £4 million? Sensible answer please.

alternativly if NUFC are liable why is keegan willing to settle for half.

an out of court settlememnt of this style would,to me, seem to imply neither side was too sure of the ground they were on.

Lucky for KK I don't think they can really remember the mistakes they made while fucking him over.

Ha ha...Dodgy alright.

How to  buy a club effectively with its own revenue while at the same time make out it's broke. The Glazers have nothing on this fella.

You talking about fat Fred and the Hall's?  They didn't pretend the club was broke, they actually made it that way.  Just a little correction for you there.

Ha ha...Dodgy alright.

You talking about fat Fred and the Hall's?  They didn't pretend the club was broke, they actually made it that way .  Just a little correction for you there.

:laughterisnotargumentation:

they found it that way ............

do your history.

Just lately I had held out a bit of hope for you.

Back to square 1

Ha ha...Dodgy alright.

You talking about fat Fred and the Hall's?  They didn't pretend the club was broke, they actually made it that way .  Just a little correction for you there.

do your history.

Back to square 1

how would you describe the position when ashley took over and what do you think fred and co would have done had ashley not bought them out ?

Ha ha...Dodgy alright.

do your history.

Back to square 1

how would you describe the position when ashley took over and what do you think fred and co would have done had ashley not bought them out ?

FS would have done what all the other clubs with high wages and debt do.

What don't you understand?

What FS would have done what all the other clubs with high wages and debt do.  Maybe you can enlighten me so that I know the answer.

You know the ans goes they are all above us in the table.

That's not an answer, are you trying to say that we would have been higher with less money to spend if Shepherd had remained?

Remember how Allardyce performed while here with money to spend, how would he have done better with less money to spend?  The accounts clearly show we had a budget deficit and were trying to, but had so far failed to re-finance our debt, Liverpool are having the same problems now as we were having before Ashley.

What FS would have done what all the other clubs with high wages and debt do.  Maybe you can enlighten me so that I know the answer.

Sad isn't it ?

Ha ha...Dodgy alright.

do your history.

Back to square 1

Gives me a really good idea for a NO 'board' game.....Back to Square One,

like snakes and ladders, but no ladders and the snakes go back to square one.

There's zero evidence to show we were heading up the table under FS.

There's zero evidence to show we were heading up the table under FS.

Strange don't remember saying that.

If the others have managed to reign in wages and continue sensible spend on players not sure why we can't. Feel free to point out what I'm missing.

Paying for players upfront is madness, nobody does it and there are some good reasons not to. Why would we want to?

Every team is keen to keep an eye on debt under the new fianacial scenario, but they don't do it to the extent that it might endanger PL status.

and on and on....

Strange don't remember saying that.

If the others have managed to reign in wages and continue sensible spend on players not sure why we can't. Feel free to point out what I'm missing.

Paying for players upfront is madness, nobody does it and there are some good reasons not to. Why would we want to?

Every team is keen to keep an eye on debt under the new fianacial scenario, but they don't do it to the extent that it might endanger PL status.

and on and on....

We've spent £44 million while probably cutting our wages.

If he is asking for the quoted £9,000,000 that is equivalent to about £225 from each of the season ticket purchased this year.  Lets all bow down to the messiah who loves Newcastle and the supporters.  

This.Thats all.

If he is asking for the quoted £9,000,000 that is equivalent to about £225 from each of the season ticket purchased this year.  Lets all bow down to the messiah who loves Newcastle and the supporters.  

This.Thats all.

Wouldnt they be suing him for 2m?

This.Thats all.

Couldnt give a shit tbh,i just know if something meant so much to me i wouldnt be trying to skank money from it.

This.Thats all.

Couldnt give a s*** tbh,i just know if something meant so much to me i wouldnt be trying to skank money from it.

I understand looking at it like that like, though SBR had to fight for his compensation from the club, and yes I know he was sacked, but if Keegan left after bieng shafted in his eyes then its the same type of thing, & if he's been treated how he thinks then he's not going to be happy to pay 2m.