They are getting ready to blame KK for less transfer money (smoke, mirrors etc).

Parky

You don´t walk from the club two times, demand silly money, and still get considered as messiah. Sorry Keegan. You are no longer "king Kev" for me. Just one of the better manager we have had, called Kevin Keegan.

Greedy b******!

Some people on here will insist he is still the Messiah who can do no wrong - despite dropping us right in the shite twice now.

As an aside, I'd personally prefer this to go to court rather than being settled with a lump sum and a gagging order as I'd absolutely love to know what went on. I appreciate KK's need to secure his future financially and support his business ventures, but he'd improve his standing further with me if he simply didn't take a pay-off and then had to keep his trap shut. This assumes he's in the right, of course, which may not be the case (to a definitive degree, at least).

If the club had a leg to stand on they'd take him all the way. The out of court settlement is on the table because their case is flimsy, as seen by the very public contradictions, not because they want to avoid upsetting the fansa again.

If their case is so flimsy then Keegan won't take a settlement and will take it all the way and win £9 million.........lets see if that happens.

If the club had a leg to stand on they'd take him all the way. The out of court settlement is on the table because their case is flimsy, as seen by the very public contradictions, not because they want to avoid upsetting the fansa again.

Exactly. A court case will also make the facts of the situation public, whereas a settlement will come with a gag order for Keegan.

Exactly. A court case will also make the facts of the situation public, whereas a settlement will come with a gag order for Keegan.

No one can gag Keegan unless he agrees to it, and the only way he will settle quietly is if his case isn't watertight (which it obviously isn't).

If their case is so flimsy then Keegan won't take a settlement and will take it all the way and win £9 million.........lets see if that happens.

Exactly.

It apparently takes 'an idiot' to point out the fucking obvious to him.

Why would Keegan accept a settlement if he could get more in court? As well as getting his chance to tell the fans of the club he supposedly loves what happened?

Not evil, but if Ashley is proven to be trying to fleece the club for money, at least he never came out with the 'I'd only do what's best for the club' line...

It's sickening to think that someone who claims to 'understand' this club, would do this to the fans.

Naturally, his other business activities have no impact upon his decisions whatsoever. This is a fact.

He's doing f*** all to the fans :lol:

Ashley employed him, Ashley lied, Keegan walked, Ashley threatened Keegan with legal action of the clause saying he had to pay him X amount, Keegan takes them to court citing constructive dismissal.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

There's been nothing in the press about this for obvious reasons so a few people on here must have inside knowledge  :shifty:

about various things during his time here and from his own mouth. coupled with various mort quotes, he might find he hasnt much of a case.

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

When Keegan was asked about reports linking him with a return to Newcastle as director of football under then-manager Sam Allardyce, he said: "It's absolutely impossible to give Sam a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who is going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen and the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it.

"The chairman, who is not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it, too. It doesn't work."

But Mort was quick to play down that speculation, saying of Wise's role: "When we interviewed Kevin for the manager's position we said we wanted a particular structure in place with someone experienced working with the board, particularly on recruitment and developing the Academy.

"At that time we had narrowed it down to two or three names and we gave those names to Kevin. He knew the structure and the individuals involved and we wanted to make sure he was comfortable with it."

"I think it's positive," Keegan said, "as long as I can get on with my job and I get all the help I need as it has been put to me. You'd be a fool to say, 'I don't want that'.

"I talked with Dennis before the game and he wished us all the best. I knew he was one of two or three names put forward.

"There's been no deception, it's been very open. I'm fine. I pretty much know, from conversations we've had, what Dennis is going to do and the idea, in principle, is very good, to go and look for new players, to bring a lot of youngsters in.

"I'm all for the changes, it's not a problem, I approve of them. We had this discussion when I took the job.

"They want somebody on the board who understands football and Dennis Wise, whatever anybody wants to write about him, understands football. I know Dennis and I think it'll work very well. He'll report to me."

Wise, the former Chelsea captain, will be joined on Tyneside by Tony Jimenez as vice-president (player recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid to take up the position of technical co-ordinator.

"This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the club as manager," Mort added

there's more about him wanting to break world transfer records even though he knows we cant. i'll find them later. feel free to dismiss these or twist to suit agenda.

How are those quotes incriminating?

called himself a fool, mort says keegan knew the system keegan now claims he didnt know about and he wanted wise here.

i see you chose dismiss.

Do you know what constructive dismissal even means?

I'd hazard a guess that neither side wants a protracted legal battle but the fact the clubs stance has altered so significantly since the words 'court case' were first mentioned is a huge hint that they're talking bollocks, as is the various contradictions from MA & co.

People on here don't seem to be able to see the forest for the trees. I'm gobsmacked at some of the drivel posted on here.

the fact the clubs stance has altered so significantly since the words 'court case' were first mentioned is a huge hint that they're talking bollocks

Just to be clear, thats the sum total of your argument.

I'm not even sure what the quoted statement above means? What stance? That they are going to take it to a tribunal? That hasnt altered.

You keep saying people are idiots but you're not exactly covering yourself in glory here. 

Not evil, but if Ashley is proven to be trying to fleece the club for money, at least he never came out with the 'I'd only do what's best for the club' line...

It's sickening to think that someone who claims to 'understand' this club, would do this to the fans.

Naturally, his other business activities have no impact upon his decisions whatsoever. This is a fact.

He's doing f*** all to the fans :lol:

Ashley employed him, Ashley lied, Keegan walked, Ashley threatened Keegan with legal action of the clause saying he had to pay him X amount, Keegan takes them to court citing constructive dismissal.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

There's been nothing in the press about this for obvious reasons so a few people on here must have inside knowledge  :shifty:

about various things during his time here and from his own mouth. coupled with various mort quotes, he might find he hasnt much of a case.

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

When Keegan was asked about reports linking him with a return to Newcastle as director of football under then-manager Sam Allardyce, he said: "It's absolutely impossible to give Sam a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who is going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen and the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it.

"The chairman, who is not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it, too. It doesn't work."

But Mort was quick to play down that speculation, saying of Wise's role: "When we interviewed Kevin for the manager's position we said we wanted a particular structure in place with someone experienced working with the board, particularly on recruitment and developing the Academy.

"At that time we had narrowed it down to two or three names and we gave those names to Kevin. He knew the structure and the individuals involved and we wanted to make sure he was comfortable with it."

"I think it's positive," Keegan said, "as long as I can get on with my job and I get all the help I need as it has been put to me. You'd be a fool to say, 'I don't want that'.

"I talked with Dennis before the game and he wished us all the best. I knew he was one of two or three names put forward.

"There's been no deception, it's been very open. I'm fine. I pretty much know, from conversations we've had, what Dennis is going to do and the idea, in principle, is very good, to go and look for new players, to bring a lot of youngsters in.

"I'm all for the changes, it's not a problem, I approve of them. We had this discussion when I took the job.

"They want somebody on the board who understands football and Dennis Wise, whatever anybody wants to write about him, understands football. I know Dennis and I think it'll work very well. He'll report to me."

Wise, the former Chelsea captain, will be joined on Tyneside by Tony Jimenez as vice-president (player recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid to take up the position of technical co-ordinator.

"This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the club as manager," Mort added

there's more about him wanting to break world transfer records even though he knows we cant. i'll find them later. feel free to dismiss these or twist to suit agenda.

How are those quotes incriminating?

called himself a fool, mort says keegan knew the system keegan now claims he didnt know about and he wanted wise here.

i see you chose dismiss.

Do you know what constructive dismissal even means?

Depends on the country, the UK interpretation is a bit fuzzy.

Do you have any experience of it? One of my best mates won 70k on a constructive dismissal case 4 years ago.

No one can gag Keegan unless he agrees to it, and the only way he will settle quietly is if his case isn't watertight (which it obviously isn't).

A settlement is an agreement between the two parts, so Keegan will of course have to agree to it. But you have no reason to assume Keegan will accept it only if his case isn't watertight. They may chose to pay him more in a settlement than he could expect from a court case, rather than risking a PR disaster, and Keegan might think money is worth more than publicly humiliating the people at the club. We don't know.

But basically, a settlement means the club think they may have more to lose by letting the case go public, and that Keegan think he has no more to win, or small chance of it, by taking it further.

Why would Keegan accept a settlement if he could get more in court? As well as getting his chance to tell the fans of the club he supposedly loves what happened?

Why do you think he would get more in court?

A settlement is an agreement between the two parts, so Keegan will of course have to agree to it. But you have no reason to assume Keegan will accept it only if his case isn't watertight. They may chose to pay him more in a settlement than he could expect from a court case, rather than risking a PR disaster, and Keegan might think money is worth more than publicly humiliating the people at the club. We don't know.

But basically, a settlement means the club think they may have more to lose by letting the case go public, and that Keegan think he has no more to win, or small chance of it, by taking it further.

Interesting opinion. One that just seems to pluck any possibility out of thin air with no regard to how probable it is in reality.

Do you have experience of employment litigation issues? To be offering such wildly improbable scenarios i'd hazard not.

"Lets give him 12m out of court so we dont have to give him 9m in court".

Genius. 

Why do you think he would get more in court?

Because he can use the 'common sense' function in his brain perhaps?

:coolsmiley:

You don't know what offer is on the table or what evidence either side have got yet you're quite happy to make your own judgement based on that. 

My guess is that Keegan had nothing written into his contract regarding who is in charge of signings or he'd have had his £9 million by now.

Another guess is that both sides are basing a defence of the positions they are fighting by using what has been said to the press regarding the role Keegan performed, that guess is based on my first guess.

Interesting opinion. One that just seems to pluck any possibility out of thin air with no regard to how probable it is in reality.

Do you have experience of employment litigation issues? To be offering such wildly improbable scenarios i'd hazard not.

"Lets give him 12m out of court so we dont have to give him 9m in court".

Genius. 

:lol:

I'm not sure it's worth even debating this issue with people who's minds are already made up.

I think Llambias should also have mentioned the possibility that the transfer kitty could be boosted by £2m if the club won the case against Keegan. It seems unnecessarily defensive to be talking about the case as if Keegan is going to win it even if it isn't likely to be anything like £8m.

Pretty selective reading mind. What about this bit?

Ashley is also, according to managing director Derek Llambias, willing to put in as much as £15m of his own money each season, which would give Joe Kinnear – assuming he returns to work following a triple heart-bypass operation – around £30m to play with.

Very selective.

There is no plan for Kinnear to get a net spend of £30 million in the summer, regardless of the outcome of Keegan's settlement, and nothing that Llambias has said points to that happening.

Have you been in the boardroom meetings recently then?

Funny how we tend to believe the press when it's negative and not when it says something like that.

It's a nonsense sentence. By that same token, we'll also be shelling out money for Luque et al from that 'Summer kitty'. Furthermore, it's the first time I've ever encountered the figure '£15m'. Just yesterday I heard Llambias, with my own ears, say '£5m to £10m a season' - a reduction on the original figure of £20m. Finally, regarding this figure's use, it assumes it all goes into transfer spending this Summer, not having previously been dipped into, nor earmarked for next January, nor - most importantly - spent on our apparently serious debts. There has never been any indication that Ashley intends to 'plough' this sum into the club's transfers while separately loaning it money for running costs.

If Keegan doesn't have a chance, why are the club not taking it the distance?

They'd save a load of money, prove to the world that they were right and probably get a shitload of fans back onside.

Indeed. If they're in the right, they should hang him out to dry for the good of the club, in my view.

Like many on here I too would like to see what is in fact what.

Indeed. If they're in the right, they should hang him out to dry for the good of the club, in my view.

Dont be crazy. As if Ashley is thinking of 'hanging Keegan out to dry' after the reaction of the fans to him leaving.

PR disaster.

Turn of phrase which seemed appropriate as I was thinking back to their 'FACT' phase. If they're in the right, they should set about demonstrating it as clearly as possible so as to nullify that reaction you speak of. It still hangs over the club, we've lived through the PR disaster - I dare say it can't get any worse, as I think going forwards, things that are going to drive attendances down and generally upset the support are going to relate far more to their overall running of the club (appearing to seriously consider Kinnear the long-term manager of the club etc.). 'Out of court settlements' and silence are going to be for the worse, if they're serious about wanting to drive this club on with the spirit it possessed not so long ago.

On a personal level, I agree with you.

I dont think a lot of other fans would accept Keegan getting another fucking over from the club, nor do i think the club's hierarchy understands where some fans (the open-minded ones) are with regards to the whole debate.

I might be wrong, but my judgement is most of those who would have a support-ending reaction to Keegan getting fucked already have done, though it might make some others feel temporarily sore again. Still, making a triage judgement, I also think it would make many feel less sore about the previous fucking - and for yet more, it would dispel some of the fog that has surrounded the regime's motivations since it all took place. People won't keep looking back to that period wondering what took place and whether it means the regime do or don't deserve faith over future matters.

Agreed on your last point about the club not understanding. They seem to be consistently clueless as to what people want out of the club.

Thinking about your ref to that FACT pr gaff. If as they maintained at the time they felt absolved, then why hesitate? Take KK to court and prove him wrong. If you prove him wrong you win back the good will of thousands at a stroke and save money.

Dont be crazy. As if Ashley is thinking of 'hanging Keegan out to dry' after the reaction of the fans to him leaving.

PR disaster.

Turn of phrase which seemed appropriate as I was thinking back to their 'FACT' phase. If they're in the right, they should set about demonstrating it as clearly as possible so as to nullify that reaction you speak of. It still hangs over the club, we've lived through the PR disaster - I dare say it can't get any worse, as I think going forwards, things that are going to drive attendances down and generally upset the support are going to relate far more to their overall running of the club (appearing to seriously consider Kinnear the long-term manager of the club etc.). 'Out of court settlements' and silence are going to be for the worse, if they're serious about wanting to drive this club on with the spirit it possessed not so long ago.

On a personal level, I agree with you.

I dont think a lot of other fans would accept Keegan getting another fucking over from the club, nor do i think the club's hierarchy understands where some fans (the open-minded ones) are with regards to the whole debate.

I might be wrong, but my judgement is most of those who would have a support-ending reaction to Keegan getting fucked already have done, though it might make some others feel temporarily sore again. Still, making a triage judgement, I also think it would make many feel less sore about the previous fucking - and for yet more, it would dispel some of the fog that has surrounded the regime's motivations since it all took place. People won't keep looking back to that period wondering what took place and whether it means the regime do or don't deserve faith over future matters.

Agreed on your last point about the club not understanding. They seem to be consistently clueless as to what people want out of the club.

Thinking about your ref to that FACT pr gaff. If as they maintained at the time they felt absolved, then why hesitate? Take KK to court and prove him wrong. If you prove him wrong you win back the good will of thousands at a stroke and save money.

Not sure if it would pan out like that in reality tbh.

Sorry to say this but Keegan is stupid. He is selfish as well he could have quite earlier in the summer or he should have never taken the job. They explain to him the director of football scheme and everything. Because of his whatever reason we have a good chance of relgation this year and a monumental task to rebuild for the future.

Also the second meeting KK and MA, MA looked fazed as he came out...I just wonder if MA only then began to realise what he was up against. For me it is sad it has got to this point and should really have been avoided. A carefully worded press release a couple of months ago and a quiet (undisclosed) pay off for KK would have been the way to go.

I'd hazard a guess that neither side wants a protracted legal battle but the fact the clubs stance has altered so significantly since the words 'court case' were first mentioned is a huge hint that they're talking bollocks, as is the various contradictions from MA & co.

People on here don't seem to be able to see the forest for the trees. I'm gobsmacked at some of the drivel posted on here.

You are hazarding guesses, you keep hurling insults and yet its obvious that you, like the rest of us, have no knowledge of the sequence of events leading up to Keegan's departure. Do you know what Keegan's contract says about his job and responsibilities? Do you know which clause in the contract Keegan is claiming was breached by the club? Do you know what evidence Keegan has for that breach? Of course you don't - you've made your mind up that Keegan = Geordie hero = in the right. Ashley = fat cockney slug = in the wrong. Clueless and childish logic.