Bolton 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/03/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

Kneejerking after victories is always criticised and wrong, but kneejerking after defeat is alright? Ok.

would you care to explain how anyone is kneejerking?  it's fucking march and we've been shite all season, have some very difficult games coming up, teams below us look more capable of winning than we do, our manager is shite, our manager isn't in a fit state to manage us, our caretaker hasn't got a clue

yeah, kneejerking, sorry for that

Well, I share everyone's disappointment on this. My friends jokingly said that we should get used to it by now lol...

In any case, let's hope this result will not come back to haunt us and hope for the best.

We are not in the relegation zone.

Still 11 games left mate.

Aye, but people are jerking their knees off here and saying that we are definitely relegated.

Looking at the games left to play I say we will be lucky to escape on goal difference as all the other teams below us bar Stoke seem to be showing some fucking balls and yet we seem quite happy to just go through the motions and hope we get lucky with other results.

Personally I think we're finished as we have no players that can come in and suddenly make us into a half decent side.

This is the worst Newcastle side I have witnessed in terms of fight and passion and when you don't have that and are in a relegation fight 9 out of 10 times you'll go down.

in the interests of balance that's not strictly true

Guest Wally_McFool

Kneejerking after victories is always criticised and wrong, but kneejerking after defeat is alright? Ok.

It's not really kneejerk though is it, people have seen this coming for months.

We will get relegated under this owners regime, whether or not it is this season is irrelevent. Its just a matter of time.

They simply know fuck all about running a football club.

If we can somehow nick a point or two from our next 3 games, I think we might stand a chance. But I can't really see it happening. Getting our best players back would help, hopefully it'll be enough.

Hughton reckons our performance speaks volumes of our character here :lol: He means in a good way of course

Does he know what character is, because he doesn't show any signs of having one?

Hughton reckons our performance speaks volumes of our character here :lol: He means in a good way of course

Does he know what character is, because he doesn't show any signs of having one?

Hes a fucking muppet, like.

Imagine if he didn't :lol:

Hughton: "You just have to look at that performance to show how much character and belief we have in this team..."

Reporter: "And how much is that Chris?"

Hughton: "FUCK ALL!"

Aye, but people are jerking their knees off here and saying that we are definitely relegated.

Looking at the games left to play I say we will be lucky to escape on goal difference as all the other teams below us bar Stoke seem to be showing some f***ing balls and yet we seem quite happy to just go through the motions and hope we get lucky with other results.

Personally I think we're finished as we have no players that can come in and suddenly make us into a half decent side.

This is the worst Newcastle side I have witnessed in terms of fight and passion and when you don't have that and are in a relegation fight 9 out of 10 times you'll go down.

As poor as we are, the team gave it a good go today I felt. To say there's no fight or passion is harsh but an absense of quality would be more on the money. I'm not condoning the shit that was on display today but to suggest that the players don't care and don't try is unfair.

Imagine if he didn't :lol:

Hughton: "You just have to look at that performance to show how much character and belief we have in this team..."

Reporter: "And how much is that Chris?"

Hughton: "FUCK ALL!"

That is what he should have said!!

Guest BooBoo

Well that was rather dreadful. A desperate game of football.

Harper-6- Couldn't really fault him, kicking slightly better

S Taylor- 5- At fault for the goal

Enrique- 6- Decent form continues although passing a tad wobbly.

Collocini- 6- Ok

Bassong-7- Our man of the match imo.

Lovenkrands- 4- Offered next to nothing

R Taylor- 5- Poor

Butt- 5- Usual fare these days

Guttierez- 5- Usual unproductive play

Oba- 5- Turned up in his guise of Awfulfemi. Bad first half miss. Still had to stay on though.

Ameobi- 3- The fact he stayed on for the entire game just highlights Hughton's ineptitude.

Viduka- 4- Maybe 2 touches?

Geremi-5- Far from great.

Christ, we are so poor going forward it makes you wonder where our goals will come from.

Looking at the games left to play I say we will be lucky to escape on goal difference as all the other teams below us bar Stoke seem to be showing some f***ing balls and yet we seem quite happy to just go through the motions and hope we get lucky with other results.

As poor as we are, the team gave it a good go today I felt. To say there's no fight or passion is harsh but an absense of quality would be more on the money. I'm not condoning the shit that was on display today but to suggest that the players don't care and don't try is unfair.

I feel we tried hard but never really looked like we believed in ourselves. A bit like Chris Hughton.

Hughton is Mr. PC.

Always wants to be polite and say the right thing and tow the line.

In reality he is a clueless, yellow bellied coward of a man without any ideas or convictions of his own.

Shit game. Had our chances, but with Martins a bit out of form it was never going to be any goals for us. I don't even have the vocabulary to describe how fucking shit Ameobi is and how much I hate him right now. And fucking Hughton would pick him over Martins any day. Speaking of Hughton, he just sat at/stood by the bench the whole fucking match without giving any fucking instructions to our players, except when we were 3 mins into injury time. He's fucking inept, and so are most of our players. Where's that fucking team spirit and high morale? We can't even mark a player whose hair is more visible than Mike Ashley next to an anorectic. We should probably get a player sent off every game so that we at least can get a point.

As poor as we are, the team gave it a good go today I felt. To say there's no fight or passion is harsh but an absense of quality would be more on the money. I'm not condoning the s*** that was on display today but to suggest that the players don't care and don't try is unfair.

I feel we tried hard but never really looked like we believed in ourselves. A bit like Chris Hughton.

Alright I'll go with that. Hopefully we'll have a bit more punch when Nolan, Guthrie, Barton and Beye are back.

The current coaching staff are clearly just a bunch of fan boys.

They aren't picking players based on their abilities but seem more to be giving favour to the more "popular" players.

The likes of Duff, Ameobi, Smith and Butt you would all imagine are the sorts that are more paddy witht he coaching staff and so get in the team or on the pitch more.

Pathetic.

That goal was ridiculously easy.

It wouldn't have happened if Beye had been playing instead of Taylor at RB. Coloccini was at fault too but Beye would have covered it while Taylor just stood gawping in the middle of nowhere.