Bolton 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/03/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

Never seen so much route one football in my life.

We havent won a thing with harper's long balls, what's wrong with passing it out of defence??????

Hughton is just doing what he knows to do, which is to smack as far away from our goal as possible and hope for the best.

Never seen so much route one football in my life.

We havent won a thing with harper's long balls, what's wrong with passing it out of defence??????

Said that earlier on its not as if boltons midfield are any good

At least they have a midfield, we don't.

We looked ok, good on the break and  defending very well, my only concern in that other than Jonas were really lacking any creative force, hope Viduka comes on for Shola in the seconed half because i think he'll help Martins get more space to run at.

Every time Colo gets the ball at the back he fires a hopeful punt upto Ameobi which comes to nothing and we lose possession again. Very poor. The few times we've played a bit of football we've had them on the back foot. Bolton are a shit football team.

We probably had the better of that half in the end and even created a few decent chances. Hughton's half-time team talk really is crucial now though.

I think part of the reason we look so clueless is because the players are getting no direction whatsoever from the management. If it was Keegan for example you know he would be cajoling them to get the ball down and pass it around.

Crap game! Expected this though, might only be 1 goal in this game. Our midfield is non-exsistent, need to get a hold of the ball in this area if we want to win this game. And im fed up with all the long balls to shola, is shite to watch!

"Nicky Butt is a good player who's legs have gone, nothing more."

Are you quoting me there?

Not quoting anyone in particular, as it was said by a small number of people in various threads. Needless to say I disagree with that viewpoint - he's lost the plot completely. Even simple passes are now beyond his comprehension, under absolutely no pressure he'll hoof it needlessly to an opposition player, especially if the ball is in the air when it comes to him.

Don't understand the fuss about the 'imaginary card', it's no worse than any other challenge of a referee's decision.

People seem to think it's worse that shouting "fuck off ref" or whatever, to me it's the same - commentators getting in a flap about nothing.

You know you're in a state when you go to Bolton and play more long ball stuff than they do (and less effectively).

I've only just seen that Lua Lua is not on the bench. What the fuck's going on man?!

Picked up towards the end. Bassong needs to be careful because I can see refs starting to pick up of it. Need more movement from the strikers. A few times we've worked into a decent position but the front two were nowhere. And Oba should have scored that header.

When we play it along the ground we are killing them,but too many times we are taking the easy option and lumping it up to Shola.

The commentators are a disgrace.Talking abt Bassong having his hands all over Davies,well where the fuck is Davies hands then?Nice the way they didnt say anything abt that cunts stamp on Jonas,a fucking disgrace.I hope the  Setanta cunts fuck off and die!

Happy enough with the endevour of the lads. The only stand out player for us so far has been Ryan Taylor, who's worked his socks off and caused problems from set pieces.

There were signs of us getting a foot hold in this game, since the opposition lack any kind of tecnhical ability. Although i think Shola has done fairly well in holding up the ball, Viduka could win us this game in the second half.

Shite game, even worse commentary.

For a man who can barely move, Shola seems to get himself offside a hell of a lot.

Not too bad towards the end of the half... if we can get it down and pass it we look decent. They need to start fining people for playing long balls.

When we play it along the ground we are killing them,but too many times we are taking the easy option and lumping it up to Shola.

The commentators are a disgrace.Talking abt Bassong having his hands all over Davies,well where the fuck is Davies hands then?Nice the way they didnt say anything abt that cunts stamp on Jonas,a fucking disgrace.I hope the  Setanta cunts fuck off and die!

Setanta is a joke of an outfit... horrible channel.

I've seen those penalties given before, but it wasn't a definite by any means. And love how they focussed on Martins waving the imaginary card, rather than the fact he was right about it being a booking!