U23s & Academy

Skirge

Looking through our squad we have a lot of highly thought of youngsters around the 19/20 year old mark. Could really do with some loans if they are to make fulfil their potential.

To pick one out, for those who have watched what do you reckon the chances of Michael Richardson stepping up? ???

Looking through our squad we have a lot of highly thought of youngsters around the 19/20 year old mark. Could really do with some loans if they are to make fulfil their potential.

To pick one out, for those who have watched what do you reckon the chances of Michael Richardson stepping up? ???

i would have to go with Ash,  seen him quite a few times and can't see how or why the club seem to rate him so highly,  the club have let go players in the last 2 or 3 years that are better than Richardson.

I am looking forward to this season for the reserve/youth team,  could be a good year,  i'm sure that there is a new reserve league and after going close in the last few seasons the club must fancy there chances of going all the way in the Youth Cup with that team now made up of the team that won the NIke Premier cup a few years back.

Just hope the club don't play all the games behind closed doors....

Newcastle Academy beat Co. Fermanagh 4-0 in their Milk Cup opener.

On a side note, Manchester United lost 2-0 to Co. Tyrone, Tottenham Hotspur drew 1-1 with Co. Armagh, Benfica held Co. Antrim to a goalless draw, and Etoile Lusitania could only manage a 1-1 draw with Co. Down.  Therefore, Newcastle were the only team to beat any of the Northern Irish county sides on the opening day in the Premier Section.

Guest VaVaVoom

Ok so we now have probably the best set of youngsters at the club pushing for first team football.

Who has stood out for you? Sammy Ameobi

Who do you want to see a lot more of? Remie Streete

Who do you think will become the best player? Mehdi Abeid

Jak Alnwick, Paul Dummett, Remie Streete, Bran Inman, Michael Richardson, Dan Taylor, Medhi Abeid, Gael Bigirimana, Haris Vuckic, Sameobi and Shane Ferguson.

I see Gosling and Amalfitano as fringe senior players.

I reckon Sammy has the most potential but could easily not realise it.

Want to see more of Abeid because I think he looks solid in most aspects of his game.

Ferguson has definitely done the best so far but if he can't stay clear of injuries he doesn't have a chance

Ferguson is the one I really have complete faith to step in and be solid if not always spectacular (but plenty of potential to be).

We do have a lot of promising youngster at the moment though.

I think Sammy will achieve his potential fine actually, doubt he won't work hard for it or get distracted tbh. I wonder how good he'll really be, but was actually impressed a lot yesterday showed some deft touches and skill, now need to see some end product

I think Sammy will achieve his potential fine actually, doubt he won't work hard for it or get distracted tbh. I wonder how good he'll really be, but was actually impressed a lot yesterday showed some deft touches and skill, now need to see some end product

I didn't mean that his attitude would let him down, there are just a lot of players who don't get to the level they should. It's pretty obvious, in my opinion, that he's the most talented of the group. I really hope he has a great season

Guest VaVaVoom

In this pre-season so far its been Tav, Bigi and Sami that have really stepped forward and got noticed.

Tavernier looks good at both RB and CB and would like to think he doesnt go out on loan and gets a good few chances this season.

Bigirimana is so many ways is like a young Tiote, he wins the ball and covers a lot of ground but like some have said it looks like he could have a greater passing range than Tiote. Would like to see him and Abeid as our CM 2 in the LC.

Sameobi has impressed me in all three games, once on the left, once on the right and once down the middle. Looks lively, skillfull, turn of pace and seems confident. Could well get a lot of pitch time this season.

Stood out so far has been Bigirimana, because he is a lot more developed than I expected and is still very young. I'd like to see more of Abeid and perhaps in a more advanced area of the pitch. I think Ferguson or Bigirimana will go on to be the best player.

Regarding Sammy, I'm not totally convinced by him, but he played well yesterday.