U23s & Academy

Skirge

Anyone who watches the reserves and U18s regularly? Who could be close to the first team/go on loan next season?

I take it Campbell, Ferguson, Sammy and Vuckic will either be fringe players or go on loan.

Inman and Tavernier getting on a bit - time to let go?

What about Streete/Good/Richardson/Mbabu?

How good are these U-internationals that we have? (i.e Gilliead, Cameron, Armstrong, Woodman, Satka etc.)

Haven't seen much of them this season but Inman and tav are younger than Fergie,  they were in the Youth cup side that got to the semi's a couple of seasons ago with Sammy, Vuckic, newton and Dummett.

Of the new group i haven't seen anything of Mbabu, Gillied, Cameron Armstrong but Satka looks a very very good prospect.  Seen him about 4 or 5 times and he has impressed every time.

Seems we played really well against a very good Everton side who are now unbeaten in 16 games but where were Campbell and Gosling,  yes they may have been in the first team squad for the last few weeks but surely we could have played them tonight bearing in mind the first team don't play until Sunday.  With Sammy and Inman back we could have given it a real go and were a couple of games from winning some silverware and bearing in mind the doom and gloom would have surely given the club a bit of a boost.

The under 18's hammered Norwich 6-0 today as well to win their group,  although i presume they now go into play offs with the other group winners.

I think if Villa u18s beat Norwich tomorrow, they'll snatch that away from us. It would be nice to win it. Would set up a play off v the mackems i think.

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmation of which Academy and reserve team players have been released by United is yet to be received, but we understand that defensive trio Alex Nicholson, Alex Kitchen and Lee Desmond have all been declared surplus to requirements. 

from nufc.com

Guest Roger Kint

Sammy Scored twice in a 2-0 win in the first game of the 7 aside hong kong tournament we're taking part in, our 7 aside team is class!

Scored another 2 in todays 5-0 win. Inman also scored and Richardson got a couple. Mackems drew wioth a cricket club :lol:

Sammy Scored twice in a 2-0 win in the first game of the 7 aside hong kong tournament we're taking part in, our 7 aside team is class!

Scored another 2 in todays 5-0 win. Inman also scored and Richardson got a couple. Mackems drew wioth a cricket club :lol:

Inman scored again along with Tavernier in a 2-0 win over Leicester to finish top of the group and advance to the knockout stages.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest palnese

Newcastle United have announced its new intake of Academy scholars, with 14 youngsters joining on a full-time basis ahead of next season.

Adam Armstrong, James Atkinson, Daniel Barlaser, Kyle Cameron, Jamie Cobain, Ben Drennan, Andrew Hall, Joe Kerridge, Adam Laidler, Brendan Pearson, Callum Roberts, Jordan Storey, Callum Williams and Freddie Woodman have all signed terms with the club.

Guest icemanblue

Callum Roberts has the potential to be one of the greatest players of his generation.

Callum Roberts sounds like a championship standard midfielder from Scotland. Unless you have substantial arguements for why you think he has this great potential I can only assume you are related to him in some way.