U23s & Academy

Skirge

It's pretty unbelievable that Rafa hasn't insisted on a major shakeup at all the various levels at NUFC. We seem to be terrible at every level, results wise at least, and nobody seems to be coming through into the first team. I don't think Rafa has ever really promoted young inexperienced players at any club, but I'm sure he would occasionally like the option of doing so. How Beardsley still has a job is beyond comprehension.

Thinking longer term and dreaming a little (if the takeover happened), he'll have to take more notice or re jig the clubs workings at that level, or the club will have do it. When you see how much Chelsea are bringing in for their kids it can;t be ignored.

It's pretty unbelievable that Rafa hasn't insisted on a major shakeup at all the various levels at NUFC. We seem to be terrible at every level, results wise at least, and nobody seems to be coming through into the first team. I don't think Rafa has ever really promoted young inexperienced players at any club, but I'm sure he would occasionally like the option of doing so. How Beardsley still has a job is beyond comprehension.

Didn't he have some incidents with Anflield old boys when he was at Liverpool ? Perhaps he doesn't want a repeat. It's not a great sign for the long term though, because if he is serious about sticking with us he'll be worried about the quality we have in reserve and junior levels.

Arsenal & Everton are looking at Boro's Marcus Tavernier. Any idea how he slipped through the net?

Because our youth setup is one of the worst in the top 2 divisions and is headed up by Quasimodo.

It's fundamental stuff and one of the reasons we have done so poorly over the past decade under Ashley.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Armstrong to L1 doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but he's clearly not been good enough at one of the worst teams in the Champo, so I guess what can you do.

Tbf they've been playing him as a winger.

Arsenal & Everton are looking at Boro's Marcus Tavernier. Any idea how he slipped through the net?

Marcus was released by us and signed for Boro at 13.

Not getting confused with James who now plays for Rangers?

Marcus was released by us and signed for Boro at 13.

Not getting confused with James who now plays for Rangers?

I think you've just hit the nail on the head.