U23s & Academy

Skirge

I told you he should be sacked for Lewis Gibson fiasco but some idiots here still defend him at that moment.

Was that not more Joe Joyce & Dave Watson's responsibility?

Check the link above.

Or you mean probably Joyce and Watson are the coaches that advise Lewis to leave?

So unsurprisingly, Ashley has left Charnley to literally do everything. I know a sale is probably imminent, but that is a crazy level of disregard for something you own

Its an HR issue, why wouldn't it be left to the MD of the company? There's literally nothing Ashley needs to do apart from wait till Charley has done the investigation, as the owner of he club that what he pays Charnley to do

Well in most businesses of this size there would be other senior leaders that could be involved in an investigation but at NUFC there is a skeleton staff.

I'm sure there will be someone from HR there as they are there to advise the person carrying out the investigation of employment law.

I'm sure I have read Steve Swinburne who is head of Safeguarding for the club has been involved in the investigations too.

I think he will be sacked today or tomorrow

Was talking with a mate about this and we recon that it's been held back to distract attention away  from the lack of incomings in the transfer window.

After see that tweet about turns out we may have been right.

Would like to view how our academy's budget compares with other Category 1 academies - particularly if the club is merely coughing up the bare mininum, in order to meet the standards (to retain Cat 1 status) set in the charter. I think there was a cash injection after we were knocked back when the grading system was introduced (in 2011?). Just wonder if our expenditure has stagnated in comparison with other similarly graded clubs, after securing Cat 1 at the second attempt, and by how much.

Most likely.

Which in all honest is quite strange even under this regime because Ashley's main goal was always to spent the majority of his money in the Academy so he could recoup the long-term benefits. Clearly he doesn't have (and never had) the knowledge, the patience or the business sense to make this work.