Do you want us to lose...?

Guest Alan_Shearer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Ridzuan

Of course not.But currently,it looks like losing every game is the only way to get he things sorted out in Freddys brain.But I certainly prefer us winning.

Guest shearer_united

i voted yes. However, in reality, its a shame how many matches we lose in our ground (Home game)..

when people say its hard defeating a team because theyre gonna play in the other teams ground.. Well, for newcastle, it doesnt matter which ground, whether playing home or away, cuz we usually lose either way...

Where are you Bobby n Shearer ?

Voted no. We need every point to avoid relegation after this disastrous start. If we were relegated we would probably lose Owen and there would be a few rats deserting the ship. Regardless of the anti Roeder sentiments relegation would set us back financially 5 years unless  there was an immediate return. To big a price to pay to remove Roeder or FS - who won't go anyway.

Guest crantonscracker

Possibly the stupidest thread since i've joined.

100% agreed, the same poll/question was asked when Souness was around - fooking stupid!!!!!!!

Let me ask YOU a question - are you really willing to risk our premiership status for the sake of sacking Roeder? As far as I'm concerned (and I said this when Souness was around) I don't care who the manager is as long as we are winning, the team are more important to me than the manager or board.

I will always support the lads no matter what and I can honestly say that I've never wished we lost a game, and if that's your attitude then maybe a trip down to the stadium of shite would be more your style.  :roll:

Let me ask YOU a question - are you really willing to risk our premiership status for the sake of sacking Roeder? As far as I'm concerned (and I said this when Souness was around) I don't care who the manager is as long as we are winning, the team are more important to me than the manager or board.

No.

But answer this one, are you willing to let Roeder stay until Christmas (while maintaining a ratio of 1 point per game played), when it will already be too late to bring in a new manager? My opinion is that the risk of relegation increases proportionally with the time Roeder gets before the inevitable sack, and it will take no more than one more defeat to force the fat one's hand.

Guest Gemmill

No.  We're in danger of going down and we need to start winning to sort things out.

However, when Sheffield United hit the post late on last night, having accepted that the game was lost, I wished it had gone in so that the fucking roof would come off with the Shepherd and Board chants.

The sooner the better, and if he wins like 1 in 3 for ages, it will make FFS stall on making the decision, so the earlier the better so more time for the new manager this season.

I mean sure, in an ideal world from here on Glen would win us every game ever from now on. But thats not going to happen and hes going to get the boot one day, so may as well get it done as soon as possible, and the only way for that to happen is lose another, say 2 games in a row.

[/quote

this is a joke

• 5 months later...

Well, now that relegation and Europe are both equally out of reach...

I still can't bring myself to root for a loss, but I won't be that upset if we finish out the last 2 games without any points, if it gets Roeder out in the summer.

Guest Knightrider

I'm in the:

"want us to win", but "if we don't, meh, not really bothered" camp.

Guest Knightrider

BUMP.

So who wants us to lose against Blackburn then?

Could be the final nail in Roeder's coffin. O0

If it meant his removal and a much better manager coming in and with it a change in fortunes (for the better), yes, I'd take it. Wouldn't root for it of course.

BUMP.

So who wants us to lose against Blackburn then?

Could be the final nail in Roeder's coffin. O0

If it meant his removal and a much better manager coming in and with it a change in fortunes (for the better), yes, I'd take it. Wouldn't root for it of course.

with this being a dead season I can see why people are saying yea kill the rat off all together but what if looseing doesn't make the lardy one move off him chair to weild the axe and we are stuck with him. I for one would rather not aim for a low prem points score to add to a disappointing season and go off on a high as big as a high as we can hope for ok more like a lil jump. If FFS really wants SA then he will get him regardless of these two last games .

Guest Knightrider

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter whether we stay on the same points total or gain a few more, or stay where we are, finish lower, or move up a place or two, nothing can disguise the fact we've had another abortion of a season. All the same to me. The very fact we are hoping to beat our lowest points total says enough.

I'm in the:

"want us to win", but "if we don't, meh, not really bothered" camp.

What i was gonna say...

I don't want us to lose, but i won't be bothered if we do.

No, i don't want us to lose.

But if we do, i'd be nowhere near as arsed as i used to be - partly because i expect it, partly because we'd be beaten by a better team with a better manager, and partly because it would speed that lying wankers departure.

I can't believe anyone has said yes tbh.

If you want Roeder out, surely there are other ways of letting your feelings known other than wishing the team to lose.  Whether it is bombarding FFS with emails, banners and protests outside SJP, swamp the local media and press, but wishing your team to lose?

Sorry, but I can't get my head wrapped around that thinking.

It's one of those things that I'll only discover once the game starts. The voice in my heart will then take over.

I'm not sure that anything's been decided, but realistically, defeat in the next two games would increase the pressure on Shepherd to replace Roeder and hopefully take himself off as well. It'll increase the determination of the Halls to sell up or at least push through other changes.

The season is over.

If we win our 2 remaining games we will be probably in the same position as now 12th.

So if it means that losing this 2 games will increase the pressure on Roeder and the chances of him being sacked then Yes i want us to lose

Like Baggio said we must look at the bigger picture here.

Next season under Roeder we will be the same shit as now

So its better for our club to get rid of this clown asap