Newcastle 1 - 2 Manchester United - 04/03/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Viduka on for Saylor whos becoming a little complacent, Raylor at RB and Lover at RM

Interesting...very interesting.

Isnt Viduka absent from the bench?

Even more interesting....very even more interesting.

Very pleasing performance and if we keep the same sort of effort and intencity up in the second half and lose, well so be it, I'll still be happy with the performance.

But why can't we play like this against Bolton/Stoke/teams we should beat? So frustrating.

Oba/Lovenkrands is working really well, hopefully Hughton and Co. see this and we don't see Ameobi again this season.

In this match all of our joy has been on the counter attack. The reasons we haven't been as successful with the same tactics against other teams are:

1) We've been without a pacey front line for ages.

2) Other clubs don't have the striking power of man united and won't be committing so much going forward.

When teams have players behind the ball we're useless at breaking them down.

3) Ameobi usually plays

Smith made a fucking excellent tackle after about 10 minutes, he's only played one bad pass and one bad tackle so far, which for his standards is about three miles above Pele on a good day.

Ive counted two bad passes. He been rather lackadaisical with the ball. Still, cant complain about him and Geremi. Well, I can complain. But not if Butt would be the other option.

Viduka on for Saylor whos becoming a little complacent, Raylor at RB and Lover at RM

Interesting...very interesting.

Isnt Viduka absent from the bench?

Even more interesting....very even more interesting.

Shit sorry, haven't even seen the bench yet :lol:

Guest johnson293

if we win this I'll piss myself

A draw would do it.

13 years to the day that they put a dent in our title challenge, be nice to pay them back tonight!

Not holding my breath, like!!

I think the Mancs will just up it in the 2nd half and get a couple. Also expect Steven Taylor to see red, because he's an arsehole.

It's been very encouraging and we should be asking why we can't have this level of commitment and effort every week.

Guest johnson293

Why the f*** is Chris Waddle always such a whinging b******? Bloody hell Chris, we need somebody to cheer for us man!

He is a mackem after all - seems to forget he ever played for us, TBH!

Now watch us crumble.

Good old Newcastle attitude. It's like the old comedy routines where they go with something like "let's embrace our oldest and grandest tradition...running away like cowards!"