Newcastle 1 - 2 Manchester United - 04/03/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

2145: "Manchester United nowhere near their best, but Sir Alex Ferguson and his players will only be concerned about getting the job done - and they have. Wayne Rooney was an inspiration tonight, and if it difficult to see how Chelsea or Liverpool can overhaul Manchester United now. Newcastle's fans give their team an ovation at the final whistle, which was deserved. They showed real character, but ultimately they were undone by a lack of class and a failure to make their early domination count - plus that moment of awful defending by Steven Taylor."

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at St James' Park

Spot on, bar that Rooney shit - I wouldn't go as far as to say 'inspiration'.

I was quite impressed with some of our play like.

Shame we can't guarentee that desire will be there. That is why Stoke are above at the moment. They are commited in every game not like our mob who turn up when they aren't weighed down by their wallets

2145: "Manchester United nowhere near their best, but Sir Alex Ferguson and his players will only be concerned about getting the job done - and they have. Wayne Rooney was an inspiration tonight, and if it difficult to see how Chelsea or Liverpool can overhaul Manchester United now. Newcastle's fans give their team an ovation at the final whistle, which was deserved. They showed real character, but ultimately they were undone by a lack of class and a failure to make their early domination count - plus that moment of awful defending by Steven Taylor."

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at St James' Park

Spot on, bar that Rooney shit - I wouldn't go as far as to say 'inspiration'.

I was quite impressed with some of our play like.

Was Ryan Taylor n all.

Why do people NOW think that were going down after losing to the worlds best team? f***ing daft.

7 points from the last 33 would make you f***ing daft also... Look at the other results/scores current.... to think we are safe.  Are we f***

The point is that people, including you are saying were f***ed after playing Man United. What did you expect? Were far less f***ed from that match than we could have been.

Exactly what I was getting at. It's not this game that's f***ed us, regardless of "how close" it may or may not have been, it's the spurned chances earlier in the season.  No one expected any points from this game, and we got none, but all of the sudden now that's the worst possible result? 

Maybe people arent reacting to the result of OUR match.

Theres other matches taking place which has put us in the sh.thouse if you lot were paying attention

Are you this annoying in all aspects of your life or just on the internet?

It's really up to us now. We have the players back we need to succeed, and with news of Guthrie and Owen coming back the state of the squad is looking up. If we play with the desire we did today, it will allow our forward going talent to save us. The loss hurts, but we can certainly move on from this point.

If you find reality annoying that isnt really my issue is it. Im sure next you'll be spelling out to me that if Ameobi scores a hatrick every game we'll be safe.

The problem being that what is being said isnt to likely.

Why do people NOW think that were going down after losing to the worlds best team? f***ing daft.

7 points from the last 33 would make you f***ing daft also... Look at the other results/scores current.... to think we are safe.  Are we f***

The point is that people, including you are saying were fucked after playing Man United. What did you expect? Were far less fucked from that match than we could have been.

Its not about playing Manure, we have been fucked for ages.  What is the point of Jizzing over a couple of individual performances that were better than usual when, over 28 games, the whole fucking team cannot learn from the same old shit, same old mistakes.

I thought we would win today and if we had lost to a goal of the season contender, fair enough.  However, we did'nt... 

We have a few games left to sort it out, I just feel that we are not learning from our mistakes.

You are right though, we did not add to our negative GD - great.

The point is that people, including you are saying were f***ed after playing Man United. What did you expect? Were far less f***ed from that match than we could have been.

Exactly what I was getting at. It's not this game that's f***ed us, regardless of "how close" it may or may not have been, it's the spurned chances earlier in the season.  No one expected any points from this game, and we got none, but all of the sudden now that's the worst possible result? 

Theres other matches taking place which has put us in the sh.thouse if you lot were paying attention

It's really up to us now. We have the players back we need to succeed, and with news of Guthrie and Owen coming back the state of the squad is looking up. If we play with the desire we did today, it will allow our forward going talent to save us. The loss hurts, but we can certainly move on from this point.

If you find reality annoying that isnt really my issue is it. Im sure next you'll be spelling out to me that if Ameobi scores a hatrick every game we'll be safe.

I'm not even disagreeing with your posts really. I just find your style of posting to be incredibly annoying, tbh.

Guest teepee

great performance - i expeceted a hammering, and it was nowhere near that!

enrique, løvenkrands, jonas and imo also oba did pretty well. the taylors looked a bit shaky though....

all in all much better than what i expected!

I'm not even disagreeing with your posts really. I just find your style of posting to be incredibly annoying, tbh.

thats a shame ?

Why is this idiot talking about Viduka and Owen saving us.

Two of the two biggest bottlers at the club.

f*** em both.

If Owen is fit, he will be a major help to us. Can score goals, and that's something we could always use.

I hate him.

If we are relying on Owen to keep us up then we will definitely be relegated.

f*** em both.

If Owen is fit, he will be a major help to us. Can score goals, and that's something we could always use.

I hate him.

Fucking hell man. Owen has got a better than 1 in 2 record for us in the Premiership.

Question his passion and commitment all you want, but when he's in the side, we've got a better chance of winning - and i'm happying relying on the likes of him to get us one or two extra points here and there.

f*** em both.

I hate him.

He's our top scorer at the moment and before tonight had scored about 1/3 of our league goals.

I for one will be glad when he's back to be honest.

I just got back from the so here ar emy addled thoughts on the game...

SAF intentionally made his own team work for this victory - I have no idea WTF was going on here but every ball form the keeper and all of their defenders went out wide where they "practiced" thier attacks. Why did Manchester United not attack through our ooohey-ooey center? Geremi has no pace and Smith has no retention or passing ability. Instead they opted to try to run by Raylor who (to be fair) tried his best and Guitierrez who had one of hisbetter games and made most of thier midfilders look like his bitches. If they had started Scholes I would huess it would have been 3-0 by HT - they didn't... why? To prove a point? To handicap themselves? I have no idea.

Our side - one of our better games. We lost but I am satisfied that they at least tried and didn't roll over... even when there was dead silence from our support after their winning goal. I don't understand hwo people can slag off Martins. Vidic is THE best defender in the league and without him we would have been dreadful. Gutierrez also played weel adn I am mystified how you could think otherwise. I am all for putting on anotehr striker when we are trailing (Carroll) BUT why take of Raylor when he was doing MUCH more than Geremi? That would have been my sub.

f*** em both.

I hate him.

He's our top scorer at the moment and before tonight had scored about 1/3 of our league goals.

He's also a want away who couldn't care less about what happens to this club as he'll be happily off in the summer.

Started to be a complete passenger for a while before his injury. Obviously no longer gives a shit.

I wouldn't drop Lovenkrands or Martins for him.

Man alive tonight was not a bad results in itself, it was the other results that puts a spin of negativity on it.

When is losing not a bad result???

We're a patched up team that usually bends over against Liverpool and Manchester United. Tonight the lads showed they are capable of staying up against the world champions. If we actually bothered to play like that every game we'd be comfortably sitting in mid-table. I know what you mean but its a fairly positive result.

f*** em both.

I hate him.

He's also a want away who couldn't care less about what happens to this club as he'll be happily off in the summer.

Started to be a complete passenger for a while before his injury. Obviously no longer gives a shit.

I wouldn't drop Lovenkrands or Martins for him.

Owen guarantees goals man. It's a shame there isn't a feasable way to incorperate the four of Jonas/Lovenkrands/Owen/Martins... we'd have a lot of pace to work with then.