Bassong admits Arsenal interest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Like rats leaving a sinking ship.

You do know he hasn't left yet? 

Yes I do know he hasn't left yet but its nice to see he is talking about it.  Could have kept his mouth shut and kept it out of the public eye, but no he has made it public.

So it sounds like someone making noises about leaving.

Like rats leaving a sinking ship.

Or rats responding to rumours that they may be leaving a sinking ship.

We will see what happens when our future is decided after the season has finished.

We will see what happens when our future is decided after the season has finished.

Exactly. Personally I'm only really worried about our immediate future. I'm not even too bothered about the managerial situation at the moment, I just want us to stay up too much. Everything else can wait.

A lot of our youngsters get linked to Arsenal, especially if they have a bit of talent. Even Peter Ramage was linked with them once in the NOTW.

you're joking?  :lol: I dont remember that. I DO remember Oliver saying Sven wanted him in the England team though  :lol: :lol:

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19157&p=440509

PS - worst laughing smiley ever. :lol:

the smiley is modeled on Lee Dixon

I would absolutely love it if I could find the full article for that rumor somewhere. Would be a great laugh.

Guest Stephen927

Makes our scouting networks seem kind of pointless if we do let him go. We spot a player with great potential, sign him on the cheap and thus far he's having a fantastic season. If we don't do our best to hold onto him it will say it all about this clubs ambitions.

Guest johnson293

This morning Sun puts its own journalistic spin on this....

SEBASTIEN BASSONG has rocked Newcastle with a ‘come and get me’ plea to Arsenal.

The highly-rated French defender, 22, is one of the lowest-paid players at St James’ Park after arriving as a virtual unknown in a £1.5million summer deal from Lens.

The Toon are keen to tie him down to a lucrative new long-term contract by offering to quadruple his £5,000-a-week deal.

They hope to head off interest from Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, who has been alerted by the centre-back’s impressive displays this season.

But the Magpies cannot commit to any new deals until they secure their Premier League status, meaning contract talks with Bassong have been put on ice until the end of the season.

Wenger is ready to test their resolve with a £6m summer bid and Bassong admitted: “My agent told me about Arsenal’s interest and it would be a lie if I said they are not a club I’m interested in.

“We’ll see what happens.”

:rolleyes:  :dave:

Can't really blame Bassong lad for trying to be success which clearly is a bit hard in our club at the moment. If we can get around 8-10million for him I'm happy to let him go! This was Ashley's plan from the day one and it's only business. However...the profit must be used for a few another promising youngsters or there's no much point seeling Seb then

Can't really blame Bassong lad for trying to be success which clearly is a bit hard in our club at the moment. If we can get around 8-10million for him I'm happy to let him go! This was Ashley's plan from the day one and it's only business. However...the profit must be used for a few another promising youngsters or there's no much point seeling Seb then

If this happens, we are just a bigger version of what Burnley used to be, and back to the days of the 80s when we sold top LOCAL talents like Beardsley, Waddle and Gazza to clubs who genuinely had ambition...

Guest teepee

nothing wrong in buying cheap and selling at a much higher price, so if we can get 8m for bassong i'd be very happy.

as a player i would like to keep him, but we could end up with another zoggy situation - grumpy player who we end up selling at a lower price than what we could have gotten earlier....

SEBASTIEN BASSONG has rocked Newcastle with a ‘come and get me’ plea to Arsenal.

The highly-rated French defender, 22, is one of the lowest-paid players at St James’ Park after arriving as a virtual unknown in a £1.5million summer deal from Lens.

The Toon are keen to tie him down to a lucrative new long-term contract by offering to quadruple his £5,000-a-week deal.

They hope to head off interest from Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, who has been alerted by the centre-back’s impressive displays this season.

But the Magpies cannot commit to any new deals until they secure their Premier League status, meaning contract talks with Bassong have been put on ice until the end of the season.

Wenger is ready to test their resolve with a £6m summer bid and Bassong admitted: “My agent told me about Arsenal’s interest and it would be a lie if I said they are not a club I’m interested in.

Hope this doesn't happen, he's been mint since arriving from LENS  :rolleyes:

Problem remains until the board appoint a long term manager that shows the players some kind of ambition then you can't expect any of the better players to commit themselves to the current project.... if you can even call it that.

Until a ambitions long term appointment is made then I remain in fear that the club will lose its betters players Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Bassong ect ect,

Problem remains until the board appoint a long term manager that shows the players some kind of ambition then you can't expect any of the better players to commit themselves to the current project.... if you can even call it that.

Until a ambitions long term appointment is made then I remain in fear that the club will lose its betters players Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Bassong ect ect,

Yep.

We're a very unattractive club for potential and even current players right now, its so depressing.

Bassong is a great defender and the board don't have a fucking clue = him moving soon

Hope this doesn't happen, he's been mint since arriving from LENS  :rolleyes:

Indeed :rolleyes:

Pathetic how they skip half of the things he said to fit their spin on it.

Guest sid1970

in beye, s.taylor, bassong, coloccini, enrique, r.taylor, edgar, tozer, and kadar we've got a very good mix of well established players and great young guns who can only get better with time. bassong is one of the best defenders i've seen in a NUFC shirt. HE MUST STAY.

release cacapa in the summer, and that's it.

our goalkeepers and defence does not need any departures or additions, just focus in midfield and attack