Bassong admits Arsenal interest

Guest sicko2ndbest

He was always going to on the radar of top clubs but if we sell him I will go fkn mental, so what if it would be for a massive profit, we need players like him if we are going to have any kind of future.

Guest Heneage

If the rumours and interest are true, then its simple....

Put yourself in his shoes... what would you do ?

f*** off sharpish.

I'd focus on the Hull game. How many players get linked with moves that never come off. If he makes any move like transfer requests, he's only shooting himself in the foot.

A lot of our youngsters get linked to Arsenal, especially if they have a bit of talent. Even Peter Ramage was linked with them once in the NOTW.

you're joking?  :lol: I dont remember that. I DO remember Oliver saying Sven wanted him in the England team though  :lol: :lol:

A lot of our youngsters get linked to Arsenal, especially if they have a bit of talent. Even Peter Ramage was linked with them once in the NOTW.

you're joking?  :lol: I dont remember that. I DO remember Oliver saying Sven wanted him in the England team though  :lol: :lol:

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19157&p=440509

PS - worst laughing smiley ever. :lol:

the smiley is modeled on Lee Dixon

Maybe arsenal are interested seems to me the agent is doing his job by

raising Bassongs profile For the new deal talks,

He needs a substantial rise if we are going to keep hold of him.

5k a week is an insult on his present performance.

Maybe arsenal are interested seems to me the agent is doing his job by

raising Bassongs profile For the new deal talks,

He needs a substantial rise if we are going to keep hold of him.

5k a week is an insult on his present performance.

true but at the same time you'd think it would be in the players interest for any new deal to be sorted out after we know what division we will be playing in.

unlikely it was a one year deal as word would have got out and he'd have been away or pre contracted elsewhere in january.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif Ramage to Arsenal. God that would have been something.

Considering Llambias was talking up Bassong as our signing of the season, I really can't see them turning around and selling the lad short on a contract - even their harshest critics must see the difference between lying/niavety and how ridiculous that situation would be...?

Conversely, selling a player to Arsenal is the ultimate vindication of the "Arsenal model" :lol:

Like rats leaving a sinking ship.

You do know he hasn't left yet? 

Yes I do know he hasn't left yet but its nice to see he is talking about it.  Could have kept his mouth shut and kept it out of the public eye, but no he has made it public.

So it sounds like someone making noises about leaving.

Depressing but I find it hard to blame him if he fancies a move to the Arse. This club has been run like a fucking pound shop over the last couple of seasons, just stocked full of rubbish,  the guy has a massive talent, he'd surely prefer it being nurtured under Wenger than Kinnear. Also helps playing alongside players like Arshavin and Fabregas rather than Smith or Butt ffs.

He's not gone yet. Again this is probably (whilst it will be true that he'd like to play for Arsenal) a way of putting pressure on us to hold on to him. I don't like players and agents making noises about playing for other clubs whilst being under contract to one, but he's not the first and won't be the last. Wait till the end of the season, if we stay up and fail and to improve his contract then we deserve all the blame we can get.

You do know he hasn't left yet? 

Yes I do know he hasn't left yet but its nice to see he is talking about it.  Could have kept his mouth shut and kept it out of the public eye, but no he has made it public.

So it sounds like someone making noises about leaving.

Or rats responding to rumours that they may be leaving a sinking ship.