The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

Rumour doing the rounds that after the Brann coach Steinar Nilsen said a "big club" would snap up their winger Eirik Huseklepp in the summer, it was us that was the "big club" in question.

The last thing we would be doing now is looking at players tbh.  We dont know who is managing the club in Summer, which division we are in, or players wanting to leave/taken.  tbh

There are comments from Shearer today in the Chronicle that we're still out there looking at players to bring in.

Whether that's a sign he's going to be in charge or not is up for debate, but there's no chance we'd not still be employing scouts etc. In fact given our position they're probably working overtime trying to find players we'll be able to afford and attract when in the Championship.

There are comments from Shearer today in the Chronicle that we're still out there looking at players to bring in.

Whether that's a sign he's going to be in charge or not is up for debate, but there's no chance we'd not still be employing scouts etc. In fact given our position they're probably working overtime trying to find players we'll be able to afford and attract when in the Championship.

Yeah agreed but we wouldnt be tying up deals now, when so much is uncertain.  That was the point i was making, made a hash of the first sentence :(

Guest geordienorway

Apparently that Norwegian bloke only plays well when he's bothered (big matches) so he's an 'iffy' player. Think Skjelbred is like this too

Really don't rate Huseklepp. He is brilliant at times, but he goes missing alot. He has a terrible goal-record as well. He has alot of the same attributes as Jonas, but Jonas is better. The only thing Huseklepp has that Jonas don't have is the ability to cross. Skjelbred has been okay this year, but he has not shown the same qualties he had before his injury. The thing about Rosenborg is that they have played far out of their skin in Europe, especially against the likes of Valencia, AC Milan, Juve, Dortmund and Chelsea. They won a lot of games in CL because of the morale and work ethic within the team, and CL probably triggered something the players don't have playing week in and out in the league. Skjelbred's performances was outstanding in these matches, but I wouldn't say he is bad when playing in the Norwegian league. He always runs his heart out, and he would do a better job in midfield than the w*nkers we have now. I think we should go for Rosenborgs defensive midfielder though, Anthony Annan. He is class. El Hadji Makthar Thioune is also a decent prospect, who currently plays for Molde in the Norwegian league.

Apparently that Norwegian bloke only plays well when he's bothered (big matches) so he's an 'iffy' player. Think Skjelbred is like this too

Really don't rate Huseklepp. He is brilliant at times, but he goes missing alot. He has a terrible goal-record as well. He has alot of the same attributes as Jonas, but Jonas is better. The only thing Huseklepp has that Jonas don't have is the ability to cross. Skjelbred has been okay this year, but he has not shown the same qualties he had before his injury. The thing about Rosenborg is that they have played far out of their skin in Europe, especially against the likes of Valencia, AC Milan, Juve, Dortmund and Chelsea. They won a lot of games in CL because of the morale and work ethic within the team, and CL probably triggered something the players don't have playing week in and out in the league. Skjelbred's performances was outstanding in these matches, but I wouldn't say he is bad when playing in the Norwegian league. He always runs his heart out, and he would do a better job in midfield than the w*nkers we have now. I think we should go for Rosenborgs defensive midfielder though, Anthony Annan. He is class. El Hadji Makthar Thioune is also a decent prospect, who currently plays for Molde in the Norwegian league.

To be fair though, Skjelbred is by far the best central midfielder currently playing in the Norwegian league by a country mile, he'd walk straight into any current prem midfield bar the "top 4" and Villa. He's one of the highest rated prospects in Europe, and there's scouts from tons of different major european clubs present at every Rosenborg game watching him, including us.

The reason I know the scouting part is simply because I stalk Rosenborg ressies/juniors as well as Newcastle ressies/juniors :pow:

Guest geordienorway

To be fair though, Skjelbred is by far the best central midfielder currently playing in the Norwegian league by a country mile, he'd walk straight into any current prem midfield bar the "top 4" and Villa. He's one of the highest rated prospects in Europe, and there's scouts from tons of different major european clubs present at every Rosenborg game watching him, including us.

The reason I know the scouting part is simply because I stalk Rosenborg ressies/juniors as well as Newcastle ressies/juniors :pow:

Yeah, I know. I will be absolutely delighted if we can get Skjelbred, because he actually wants to play for us. He is also a Newcastle-fan. Are you from Trondheim Kaizero?

Toon Brazil nuts over Nas

Apr 26 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE have a made a fresh check on Slovakia-based teenage Brazilian central defender Dionatan Nascimento.

Magpies’ scouts flew out to watch Nascimento – still just 16 – play for MFK Kosice in a league game against DAC Dunajska Streda last night.

Nascimento made his first-team debut last Saturday, having spent a week-long trial at United along with club-mate and fellow defender Lubomir Korijkov last month.

But Newcastle have missed out on 16-year-old Walsall striker Richard Penekit.

Despite interest from the Magpies, Manchester United, Liverpool, West Brom and Birmingham, Penekit has agreed to join Fulham.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/04/26/toon-brazil-nuts-over-nas-79310-23473523/

http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlands-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2009/04/26/birmingham-face-battle-with-newcastle-for-5m-matthew-mills-66331-23472343/

Birmingham face battle with Newcastle for £5m Matthew Mills

Apr 26 2009 Sunday Mercury

BIRMINGHAM City are gearing up for a summer battle with Newcastle United to sign the £5 million-rated Doncaster Rovers’ central defender Matthew Mills.

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish is a long-time admirer of Mills but Newcastle are now also tracking him ahead of a summer bid.

McLeish wants to bring in a new centre half after Liam Ridgewell was ruled out for up to nine months by a broken leg.

Birmingham had three bids for 22-year-old Mills turned down before the transfer window closed on February 1. They also had a loan move for Mills rejected.

Mills cost Doncaster £300,000 from Manchester City last summer but his value has rocketed since then. Doncaster value him at £5 million but neither Birmingham or Newcastle will bid that much.

Meanwhile, McLeish has played down the prospect of handing Rangers’ midfielder Barry Ferguson an escape route from Ibrox. Ferguson’s future is up in the air after his part in the now infamous Boozegate affair surrounding Scotland’s World Cup qualifier against Holland.

But McLeish said: “I have not made any enquiries and I have not thought about it.”

:dontknow:

http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlands-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2009/04/26/birmingham-face-battle-with-newcastle-for-5m-matthew-mills-66331-23472343/

Birmingham face battle with Newcastle for £5m Matthew Mills

Apr 26 2009 Sunday Mercury

BIRMINGHAM City are gearing up for a summer battle with Newcastle United to sign the £5 million-rated Doncaster Rovers’ central defender Matthew Mills.

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish is a long-time admirer of Mills but Newcastle are now also tracking him ahead of a summer bid.

McLeish wants to bring in a new centre half after Liam Ridgewell was ruled out for up to nine months by a broken leg.

Birmingham had three bids for 22-year-old Mills turned down before the transfer window closed on February 1. They also had a loan move for Mills rejected.

Mills cost Doncaster £300,000 from Manchester City last summer but his value has rocketed since then. Doncaster value him at £5 million but neither Birmingham or Newcastle will bid that much.

Meanwhile, McLeish has played down the prospect of handing Rangers’ midfielder Barry Ferguson an escape route from Ibrox. Ferguson’s future is up in the air after his part in the now infamous Boozegate affair surrounding Scotland’s World Cup qualifier against Holland.

But McLeish said: “I have not made any enquiries and I have not thought about it.”

:dontknow:

Good player.

Looks like we're about to lose out on Per Ciljan Skjelbred, as Roy Hodgson is personally present at today's Rosenborg match to follow up on him. Having a stormer as well he is  :undecided:

Hmmn, not been that good today... Hes there to watch Annan i think, and he has been superior to skjelbreid tbh.

Hope Lsk win this:)

Looks like we're about to lose out on Per Ciljan Skjelbred, as Roy Hodgson is personally present at today's Rosenborg match to follow up on him. Having a stormer as well he is  :undecided:

Hmmn, not been that good today... Hes there to watch Annan i think, and he has been superior to skjelbreid tbh.

He's there for Skjelbred and Skjelbred only. At least according to some of the Rosenborg junior players who I've spoken with concerning the issue. :pow:

Also, Skjelbred's had some brilliant passing and crossing. Not awesome, but good. Annan's been pretty much invisible, with the exception of the lsk player bashing his head in over and over. :lol:

What of that young Ivorian? Traore I think his name is. Is he ready fora higher level?

What of that young Ivorian? Traore I think his name is. Is he ready fora higher level?

Not even in the squad, not been in it for ages.

Really? He was being called the next big Ivorian player like 2 years ago....then he just disappeared. What happened?

Really? He was being called the next big Ivorian player like 2 years ago....then he just disappeared. What happened?

I think they're being held out of the squad (by they I mean him and Konan Ya, the other Ivorian) for pure discipline reasons. They were acting up wanting to get away from Rosenborg in pre-season, and didn't come to practice and so on. So the coaching staff decided that they would not play first team football for a while, and threw them to practice with the reserves and juniors to teach them respect for the ones they're under contract with.