The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

My point is, if he continues to play like he has the last matches, someone bigger than us would pick him up this summer, especially if we are relegated. Brann needs the money to buy themselves a striker. Huseklepp creates a lot, but is not very efficient in front of goal.

Scored for Brann yesterday, and had two assist. Your comment couldn't have been timed worse :lol:

"Erik Huseklepp made a mockery of the Lillestrøm defense, and was the match giant in Branns first home victory for the season." vg.no :pow:

It also says that his agent doesnt know anything about the Newcastle-rumours..

Common play to push the price up there mate. Their manager has even gone out and said he expects him to leave in the summer ffs :lol:

That doesnt mean that he is going to Newcastle.

Never said he would.

Guest ovesbar

My point is, if he continues to play like he has the last matches, someone bigger than us would pick him up this summer, especially if we are relegated. Brann needs the money to buy themselves a striker. Huseklepp creates a lot, but is not very efficient in front of goal.

Scored for Brann yesterday, and had two assist. Your comment couldn't have been timed worse :lol:

"Erik Huseklepp made a mockery of the Lillestrøm defense, and was the match giant in Branns first home victory for the season." vg.no :pow:

Well, it is not the first time norwegian newspapers starts this kind of hype after a few good games. Huseklepp is very inconsistent, and yesterday he had a lot of room after Lillestrom was down to 10 men. He is no goal getter, he had loads of chances that he missed yesterday. 11 goals in 109 apps tells the story, though the majority of those games he played as a winger.

I am not saying that he is a poor player, he is really good at his best, but then again we dont get to see his best that often. I really hope Newcastle would buy some norwegians, if only for the media coverage over here. But Skjelbred for example would be a much better signing.

Guest ovesbar

Common play to push the price up there mate. Their manager has even gone out and said he expects him to leave in the summer ffs :lol:

Never said he would.

Ok, I got that impression.

Well, it is not the first time norwegian newspapers starts this kind of hype after a few good games. Huseklepp is very inconsistent, and yesterday he had a lot of room after Lillestrom was down to 10 men. He is no goal getter, he had loads of chances that he missed yesterday. 11 goals in 109 apps tells the story, though the majority of those games he played as a winger.

I am not saying that he is a poor player, he is really good at his best, but then again we dont get to see his best that often. I really hope Newcastle would buy some norwegians, if only for the media coverage over here. But Skjelbred for example would be a much better signing.

I don't dispute that. Always wanted us to get Skjelbred myself, and we could do a lot better than Huseklepp. You just need to lighten up a bit mate, just yanking your chain :pow:

Never said he would.

Ok, I got that impression.

Not yanking your chain there mate, I never actually said I thought he'd come here. :pow:

It'll be interesting to see our transfer strategy next season. Suddenly players like Bobby Zamora, Michael Chopra and David Nugent, players we wouldn't want a million miles from the club, become ambitious targets for us.

Are we gonna just bring in a bunch of free transefers hasbeens and loan signings or are we going to put our faith in youth and continue to pick up promising youngsters from abroad ? I guess we'll probably end up with a mixture of both, but a lot will depend on who is in charge. JFK masterminded a summer transfer window is scaring the shit out of me.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/287421/TOON-HOPE-TO-BAG-MORRISON-Scotland-midfielder-James-is-Newcastle-target.html

NEWCASTLE plan a move for West Brom's James Morrison.

Toon officials have watched the Scotland midfielder regularly.

But Morrison, 22, missed the 3-0 win over Sunderland last weekend with a heel injury that could keep him out for the rest of the season.

Newcastle's chances of signing the player, born down the road in Darlington, will improve if the Magpies preserve their Premier League status.

Morrison started his career at Middlesbrough, made his debut at 17 and joined the Baggies for £1.5million in 2007.

:idiot2:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/287421/TOON-HOPE-TO-BAG-MORRISON-Scotland-midfielder-James-is-Newcastle-target.html

But Morrison, 22, missed the 3-0 win over Sunderland last weekend with a heel injury that could keep him out for the rest of the season.

Newcastle's chances of signing the player, born down the road in Darlington, will improve if the Magpies preserve their Premier League status.

Morrison started his career at Middlesbrough, made his debut at 17 and joined the Baggies for £1.5million in 2007.

good player imo.

Meanwhile, in the Scottish press, Newcastle, Town and German side Hannover 96 are all said to be interested in Celtic midfielder Paul Hartley.

The Glasgow giants are understood to have failed to trigger a clause in the former Hearts man’s contract which would have added a year to his current terms and the 32-year-old could now be available on a free transfer if no new deal is on offer at Parkhead.

Newcastle are said to be leading the chase for the Scottish international, who is believed to be keen to stay with his current club if at all possible .

Hartley started his career with home town club Hamilton before moving on to Millwall, Raith, Hibs, Morton (loan), St Johnstone and Hearts before joining Celtic in 2007.

If we go down we should be looking at players like Surman, Cox, McLean/Boyd, Shelvey, Delph (probably unrealistic :( )

Looking abroad I'm sure Eastern Europe and Scandinavia could help us out.

Had a blinder at Goodison the other week. Would be a good signing for most teams in the league, I reckon.

Chelsea and Newcastle are both looking to sign Middlesbrough goalkeeper Ross Turnbull, skysports.com understands.

The 24-year-old is out-of-contract in the summer and has thus far shunned any attempts to keep him at the club.

This is mainly due to the fact Gareth Southgate dropped him earlier this year in favour of Brad Jones and Turnbull has been warming the bench ever since.

Turnbull won many plaudits at the start of the season before he was axed and now the interest in his situation is growing.

Skysports.com understands that Chelsea and Newcastle are leading the chase, although a number of other clubs - including Scottish champions Celtic - are also hot on his trail.

Chelsea are keen to bolster their squad with young English talent and Turnbull fits that bill and would provide excellent back-up to number one Petr Cech - something they are short of since selling Carlo Cudicini in January.

Newcastle's interest comes through their respected goalkeeping coach Paul Barron - who spent a number of years at Middlesbrough before moving to St James' Park and he played a major part in Turnbull's early education in the game.

Wait

Boro boss Gareth Southgate has revealed that Turnbull and team-mate Matthew Bates - also out of contract in the summer - have turned down deals.

Like with Turnbull, skysports.com understands a number of clubs are showing an interest in him, including West Ham, Bolton and Everton.

"Ross has turned down two or three contract offers and has said he wants to wait until the summer, which is his prerogative, and Matthew's similar," said Southgate.

"Matthew's been a difficult one because up until two or three months ago he hadn't played a game after coming back from three cruciates.

"Again, Matthew's been made an offer, he's also said he wants to focus on his football for now, which I can understand, and we would like them both to stay.

"I think Matthew in particular in recent weeks has shown his value to us. Obviously the club, certainly the top people at the club, looked after Matthew very well during his injuries.

"We hope that he'll bear that in mind when he's thinking about what he wants to do. It is still very early for Matthew in terms of his recovery from the injury, but he's proving himself to be a good player for us.

"We realise the situation that we're in that young players are going to have more opportunities than they may elsewhere. These are two are slightly different scenarios but Matthew's certainly one where you hope there's a lot of good will with what's gone on and Ross, I'm surprised he hasn't signed anything yet, but that's his decision."

End of season

Turnbull for his part insists he is fully committed to Boro's battle against relegation and will look at his own situation in the summer.

"We've said we're going to wait until the end of the season now," he said.

"There's only a month to go, so this is not the time to be talking about contracts or anything like that.

"The most important thing is the games that are coming up - everything else can wait until the summer."

:spit: