The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

Tuesday night saw Newcastle first team coach Colin Calderwood reportedly present at the meeting of two of his former clubs, Northampton and Swindon.

And it's claimed that the focus of his interest was Swindon's in-form striker Simon Cox - who didn't fail to disappoint as he grabbed a hat trick in a 4-3 victory.

21 year-old Cox began his career as a youngster with his hometown club Reading, making a handful of first team sub appearance for the Royals before being loaned out to Brentford, Northampton and Swindon.

Moving to the County Ground in January 2008, Cox has come to prominence this season with 27 goals, seven of which have come in his last three appearances.

Cox was a team mate of United defender Ben Tozer at Swindon, while current toon striker Nile Ranger also had a brief period on trial at the club before joining us last summer.

Is that a real story? Scunthorpe, Leicester and Leeds are all looking at him!!

Tuesday night saw Newcastle first team coach Colin Calderwood reportedly present at the meeting of two of his former clubs, Northampton and Swindon.

And it's claimed that the focus of his interest was Swindon's in-form striker Simon Cox - who didn't fail to disappoint as he grabbed a hat trick in a 4-3 victory.

21 year-old Cox began his career as a youngster with his hometown club Reading, making a handful of first team sub appearance for the Royals before being loaned out to Brentford, Northampton and Swindon.

Moving to the County Ground in January 2008, Cox has come to prominence this season with 27 goals, seven of which have come in his last three appearances.

Cox was a team mate of United defender Ben Tozer at Swindon, while current toon striker Nile Ranger also had a brief period on trial at the club before joining us last summer.

C +P from nufc.com. They must have got it from somewhere

Andriy Voronin saw on SSN before, surplus at Liverpool, doing well in the fatherland but 29 & was not that hot goal wise in PL last time out. Would you sign him?

I just checked his Wiki and :kasper: wtf does he actually have 24 goals in 20 games?

Andriy Voronin saw on SSN before, surplus at Liverpool, doing well in the fatherland but 29 & was not that hot goal wise in PL last time out. Would you sign him?

I just checked his Wiki and :kasper: wtf does he actually have 24 goals in 20 games?

That is wrong, his record is 11 goals in 20 Bundesliga starts.

Tony Mowbray said he's been looking at him as well so he can't  be that bad, only young.

Zaki could do well with the right partner and midfield behind him

would absolutely love it if we went back in for M'Bia in the summer

Imagine having someone who can actually run in midfield, the mind boggles.  we have the makings of a decent team, with 2 new cms a striker a winger and a centrehalf we'd be able to challenge for the top half witha  good manager in charge we'd need to spend about 25m though.

I think with decent coaching colo will come good but that remains to be seen

Harper

Beye      Bassong            New  Jose

New      Barton                New  Jonas

Oba                  New

Imagine having someone who can actually run in midfield, the mind boggles.  we have the makings of a decent team, with 2 new cms a striker a winger and a centrehalf we'd be able to challenge for the top half witha  good manager in charge we'd need to spend about 25m though.

Harper

Beye      Bassong             New   Jose

New       Barton                New   Jonas

Oba                   New

Good luck with that.

Harper

Good luck with that.

Aye theres no chance, I was just saying if ashley doesn't realise he could actually make a decent team out of what we have then he's a nutter.

Harper

It highly annoys me that Keegan managed to pull the plug on Wise's Skjelbred travel, but not on Nacho's. Imagine if it'd been the other way around, fuck me we'd have someone never stopping to run, going forward, able to string passes together and not have a phobia from shooting from long range.

Harper

It highly annoys me that Keegan managed to pull the plug on Wise's Skjelbred travel, but not on Nacho's. Imagine if it'd been the other way around, f*** me we'd have someone never stopping to run, going forward, able to string passes together and not have a phobia from shooting from long range.

At the very least, we'd have a lad who'd actually be playing as opposed to curled up on the physio room.

Speaking of, wasn't Nacho supposed to be back like... A month ago?

Harper

It highly annoys me that Keegan managed to pull the plug on Wise's Skjelbred travel, but not on Nacho's. Imagine if it'd been the other way around, f*** me we'd have someone never stopping to run, going forward, able to string passes together and not have a phobia from shooting from long range.

At the very least, we'd have a lad who'd actually be playing as opposed to curled up on the physio room.

Speaking of, wasn't Nacho supposed to be back like... A month ago?

Has anyone even seen him around the club, or back in Valencia, or doing anything remotely connected to football since his injury? The man literally left the face of the footballing earth.

we have the makings of a decent team, with 2 new cms a striker a winger and a centrehalf we'd be able to challenge for the top half witha  good manager in charge we'd need to spend about 25m though.

We'd have to sell our entire first 11 to raise the funds.

Magpies move excites Shawky interest

Middlesbrough outcast Mohamed Shawky has claimed Newcastle are monitoring him ahead of a possible summer move.

Shawky admitted that he had problems with Gareth Southgate after failing to establish himself as a first-team regular at The Riverside.

The Egyptian has featured just 17 times in the league since his arrival from Al-Ahly for £650,000 in August 2007.

Boro seem increasingly likely to be playing Championship football next season but, according to Shawky their North East rival relegation rivals Newcastle sent a representative to watch both him and former Blackburn Rovers target Ahmed Al-Muhammadi in action for Egypt against Zambia.

Shawky claims moving to Newcastle would be a step forward, despite the possibility that The Magpies could join Boro in next seasons second tier.

"A Newcastle representative was present in Cairo to watch me in action during Egypt's World Cup qualifier with Zambia," Shawky told Al-Hayat TV.

"They were also monitoring [ENPPI and Egypt right back] Ahmed Al-Muhammadi

"Joining Newcastle would be a step forward. They are a very good team and have a large fanbase in England."

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/04/07/Premier-League-Shawky-on-Newcastle-interest/gnid-47647/

Haven't actually seen him play, which doesn't fill me with confidence.

Or the other guy