The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

Zaki could do well with the right partner and midfield behind him

would absolutely love it if we went back in for M'Bia in the summer

Imagine having someone who can actually run in midfield, the mind boggles.  we have the makings of a decent team, with 2 new cms a striker a winger and a centrehalf we'd be able to challenge for the top half witha  good manager in charge we'd need to spend about 25m though.

I think with decent coaching colo will come good but that remains to be seen

Harper

Beye      Bassong             New   Jose

New       Barton                New   Jonas

Oba                   New

It highly annoys me that Keegan managed to pull the plug on Wise's Skjelbred travel, but not on Nacho's. Imagine if it'd been the other way around, f*** me we'd have someone never stopping to run, going forward, able to string passes together and not have a phobia from shooting from long range.

At the very least, we'd have a lad who'd actually be playing as opposed to curled up on the physio room.

Speaking of, wasn't Nacho supposed to be back like... A month ago?

Has anyone even seen him around the club, or back in Valencia, or doing anything remotely connected to football since his injury? The man literally left the face of the footballing earth.

He was watching the Man United reserve game with Colocinni.

Guest toonlass

Imagine having someone who can actually run in midfield, the mind boggles.  we have the makings of a decent team, with 2 new cms a striker a winger and a centrehalf we'd be able to challenge for the top half witha  good manager in charge we'd need to spend about 25m though.

Harper

It highly annoys me that Keegan managed to pull the plug on Wise's Skjelbred travel, but not on Nacho's. Imagine if it'd been the other way around, f*** me we'd have someone never stopping to run, going forward, able to string passes together and not have a phobia from shooting from long range.

At the very least, we'd have a lad who'd actually be playing as opposed to curled up on the physio room.

Has anyone even seen him around the club, or back in Valencia, or doing anything remotely connected to football since his injury? The man literally left the face of the footballing earth.

What has been wrong with him again? I can't even remember what he was like when he did play the half an hour or whatever it was, it was so long ago.

Guest Heneage

Harper

What has been wrong with him again? I can't even remember what he was like when he did play the half an hour or whatever it was, it was so long ago.

Achilles injury. Doesn't look like he'll play anytime soon.

Harper

Achilles injury. Doesn't look like he'll play anytime soon.

It's the same thing Viduka has.  Pretty difficult to judge, or at least our Physio team can't seem to understand it.

It's a degeneration of the Achilles tendon, and AFAIK you have to manage it back to good health very well.

Haggui in come and get me plea

Bayer Leverkusen centre back Karim Haggui has alerted a number of Premier League clubs including West Ham, Blackburn Rovers, Portsmouth and Newcastle United after his agent Carlos Fleischmann admitted the 25 year-old Tunisian international will be quiting Leverkusen in the Summer when his contract runs out.

Fleischmann told Sport.co.uk:

“Karim Haggui is looking at the Premier League as he wants to move this summer because he is out of contract. I cannot confirm who is interested at this moment in time.

"He hasn't played as much as he would have liked this season and it looks like he is definitely going to leave Germany. We don't know where yet but there is potential interest from a number of Premier League and top European clubs. “

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/17500/Haggui_in_come_and_get_me_plea.aspx

Not heard of him either

Shearer has been here a few days.  No-one knows who the manager is going to be next season.  The DOF as left.  We don't know what division we will be in next season.  And all of a sudden we are supposed to be bidding for and registering interest in players all over the place.  I don't think so.

Guest Heneage

Mohamed Shawky has now claimed we were in Egypt monitoring him.

Post 74

Apologies.

Im surprised by it to be honest. He's hardly played for Boro for whatever reason.

Mohamed Shawky has now claimed we were in Egypt monitoring him.

Post 74

Apologies.

Im surprised by it to be honest. He's hardly played for Boro for whatever reason.

It's because Boro fans are Islamophobes!  Quick! Someone get on the phone to the Guardian.

The Mirror has Fulham chasing Bristol City full-back Bradley Orr and willing to shell out £1m for him. Orr is a highly-rated prospect and has proven himself to be smart too - he apparently turned down a move to Newcastle in January.

NUFC is the major importer of scouse footballers outsider of Merseyside, however it would be ironic if we were trying to buy a scouser who came through our youth system, who we then let go. Then again it is the Daily Mirror with this story & they have policy of link every player with a club & your going to get some right eventually.

Shearer has been here a few days.  No-one knows who the manager is going to be next season.  The DOF as left.  We don't know what division we will be in next season.  And all of a sudden we are supposed to be bidding for and registering interest in players all over the place.  I don't think so.

Well, we don't actually know what Ashley/Shearer/Llambias/Kinnear has planned, but they probably do.

Stephen Ireland - happy to pay up to 15M £ for him provided we are not relegated and he will not cost too much in wage

a. That was completely and utterly random.

b. Coming to Newcastle from Manchester City right now would be just about the worst kind of career suicide for a footballer I can imagine.

Stephen Ireland - happy to pay up to 15M £ for him provided we are not relegated and he will not cost too much in wage

He's a class act, but I wouldn't pay as high as £15m. £10m would be the highest I'd go.

I have always said, if Stephen Ireland had a cool name people would be all over him.

Seriously though, would happily pay a fair bit of money for him but A. He won't ever ever ever come and B. We need good players around him.

We have this stupid idea that if we buy one good player all will change. Owen may not have lived up to the hype, but he has had a fair amount of shite to deal with team-wise.

Rumour on our (Swansea City) board that Chris Houghton was at our game at Barnsley to watch Jordi Gomez.  <==CLICK

Anyone heard anything your end or are there too many rumours for this one to register?  :)

A lot of people questioned Martinez's decision in the summer to splash out 250K just borrow him for a year from Espanyol, up to a few years ago that was just short of our record fee paid for a player.

Took a short time to get used to the British game, but since then he's been a revelation. He's a creative midfield player with an eye for goal, one of the best players most of our fans have seen in our colours.

We've been hoping he'll sign permanently and apparently a fees pre-agreed and we were hoping to see him and Bodde next season playing together, but most have now accepted that he's virtually out of our reach.

:mackems:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"im a norwegian! dont like it? fuck off!"

Harry is that you? :kasper: :frantic:

Rumour on our (Swansea City) board that Chris Houghton was at our game at Barnsley to watch Jordi Gomez.  <==CLICK

Anyone heard anything your end or are there too many rumours for this one to register?  :)

A lot of people questioned Martinez's decision in the summer to splash out 250K just borrow him for a year from Espanyol, up to a few years ago that was just short of our record fee paid for a player.

Took a short time to get used to the British game, but since then he's been a revelation. He's a creative midfield player with an eye for goal, one of the best players most of our fans have seen in our colours.

We've been hoping he'll sign permanently and apparently a fees pre-agreed and we were hoping to see him and Bodde next season playing together, but most have now accepted that he's virtually out of our reach.

Heard that Celtic are keeping tabs on him too.

I think that should the Swans get up via the p/os then Gomez may be gracing the Liberty for at least one more season.