Taylor and Bassong injuries

LoveItIfWeBeatU

R.Taylor   Beye   Colo  Enrique

This

the massive space between them in the remainder of the arsenal game didnt fill me with confidence. beye went into the center when taylor went off but both goals there was a massive gap between colo and beye

R.Taylor   Beye   Colo  Enrique

This

the massive space between them in the remainder of the arsenal game didnt fill me with confidence. beye went into the center when taylor went off but both goals there was a massive gap between colo and beye

Yeah, but they had played about one minut in those positions....Let them have a some trainingsessions together and this will be good! ;)

Guest prestonj1989

Why not go for 3-5-2

-------------------Harper-----------------

--------Beye------Colo-----Enrique----

Rtaylor--Nolan--Smith--Butt--Jonas-

-------------Loven---Martins------------

Because Raylor is shocking at RM

sopose. but hopefully bassongs injury isnt too serious because beye is still alittle unknown in newcastle colours in that position but at right back we know he is quality and it will be good to have that back again. the little flash of him bombing up the wing with a quick one two was a sign of what we have missed. obviously colo tho is very shaky atm i would probably have more faith in taylor for the remaining big games despite his poor form earlier in the season. saying all this though we probably dnt have a choice as knowing our luck bassong and taylor will be out for the rest of the season

actually thinking about it lee f*ckin cattermole has probably put one of the biggest nails in our coffin if we do go down because losing beye and barton cus of that prick has had a big impact i feel

Why not go for 3-5-2

:)

Do some people not realise that Ryan Taylor is actually a right back? Thats his favoured position. I think Beye would do a very good job in the middle actually. If he does end up playing there and does a good job then i wouldn't hesitate to keep him there for the rest of the season alongisde Bassong (if fit) and put S.Taylor or R.Taylor at right back. It might sound stupid putting S.Taylor at right back when you've got Beye in the middle but we've seen many times before how Taylors errors can cost us when he's in the middle. He is decent making runs foward though and I quitel ike the look  of him at right back. I reckon Beye and Bassong would be very solid in the middle and we would have more pace than we would with Colo. I haven't given up on Colo but he is making some horrible decisios at the minute and he's totally of form.

he's played all over and who cares what his favoured position is...central midfield was n'zogbias.

I always thought R.Taylor was no more than an average player. Expecting him to suddenly work miracles seems a bit pointless. It's unlikely he's going to impress, he never particularly did at Wigan. Just, they were more stable, so he could be called "solid" as opposed to "s***e".

Guest prestonj1989

Why not go for 3-5-2

:thup: True

bassong walked into tup tup ok on saturday night with Beye so hopefully not too bad

It's alright walking but running or having the ability to play in a football match may be a different matter.

Why not go for 3-5-2

:thup: True

Didnt see game on sat went away for week, what did he do that was so bad. He got us a pen didnt he? Did alright against Man united there to, his big mistake being at right back position.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/03/24/newcastle-united-left-with-defensive-dilemma-61634-23217433/

Newcastle United left with defensive dilemma

Mar 24 2009 by Stuart Rayner, The Journal

NEWCASTLE United have dismissed suggestions that Steven Taylor has been ruled out for four weeks as premature, but they are likely to have to field a new-look centre-back pairing at home to Chelsea.

Taylor and Sebastién Bassong were injured in Saturday’s demoralising 3-1 defeat to Arsenal.

Last night the Magpies were still waiting to hear the results of scans on both players, but even in a best-case scenario, it seems unlikely they will be declared fit to take on Guus Hiddink’s men in Newcastle’s next game.

Bassong has a hip injury while Taylor sustained ankle ligament damage at the weekend.

“They’re still being assessed, it’s too early to say,” was all caretaker boss Chris Hughton was able to say last night.

He will now concentrate on getting some of his other injured players in shape to play 90 minutes against Chelsea, and deciding which centre-back partnership to go with.

The importance of the April 4 clash has been amplified by the failure to take any points at the weekend. United dropped into the bottom three before they kicked off against the Gunners, and were unable to lift themselves out of it by the end of the evening match.

Assuming Taylor and Bassong fail to make the Chelsea game, Hughton is faced with a difficult choice between an inexperienced youngster and a player who seemed to have been written off at St James’s Park.

Canadian David Edgar has not featured in a Magpies game since the derby draw with Sunderland in early February. In total the 21-year-old has made only nine Premier League starts.

If he is not chosen at right-back, the alternative may be to recall Claudio Caçapa.

The Brazilian defender has not played a first-team game in 2009, and seems certain to be released when his contract expires at the

end of the season. In his last start, at Fulham in November, he unwittingly contributed to a 2-1 defeat with a crucial defensive error.

The hope is that Habib Beye will be fit to start the game, and the Senegalese international will be much needed. Beye can play at right-back if Caçapa gets the nod, or in the centre if Edgar is preferred. Beye replaced Bassong in the centre during the first half against Arsenal.

With Danny Guthrie (right) close to a return after injury, Hughton hopes to make good use of this week’s international break.

“It’s about getting players physically fit for the Chelsea game now,” he told the club’s official website.

“It’s a chance for the likes of Michael Owen, Habib Beye, Kevin Nolan and Danny Guthrie to work on their fitness.

“We’ve got a couple of weeks to prepare for what will be a very tough game. But there were enough positives from the Arsenal game – and we must take them into the next match.”

Striker Nile Ranger’s continuing progress has been further recognised by a first call-up into the England Under-19 squad for tomorrow’s friendly with the Czech Republic at Walsall.

Why are they talking about playing Edgar at RB when taylor is there and he is an RB and is also s**** on the wing.  Anyone with a tiny amount of common sense would pay this

Harper

R.Taylor             Beye                 Colo   Jose

Love Doctor  Butt/Guthrie      Nolan Jonas

Owen               Oba

Why are they talking about playing Edgar at RB when taylor is there and he is an RB and is also s**** on the wing.  Anyone with a tiny amount of common sense would pay this

Harper

Owen               Oba

Coz Ryan Taylor is not doing to well at all, and no point playing a RW  at RB when we have other defenders.

We're definitely gonna have to do a re-shuffle like. It's far from ideal and it's extremely frustrating given what a relief it was having a quality RB back... but i'd shove Beye in at CB for Chelsea. I've always had a soft spot for Claudio but he is a bit shit and will be ridiculously short on match fitness. Edgar is just total wank, same category as Pattison/Guy/O'Brien/Huntington - just more gash from the academy that have got lucky due to injuries.

R Taylor --- Beye --- Coloccini --- Enrique

Jonas --- Nolan --- Butthrie --- Duff

Harper

Owen               Oba

Coz Ryan Taylor is not doing to well at all, and no point playing a RW  at RB when we have other defenders.

He's not a RW though, he's a RB.  Even though he hasn't been great I'd rather have him there than Edgar.

I would stick Beye alongside Coloccini and drop Ryan to right back where he himself prefers playing.  With a couple more weeks training under his belt I'd  back Habib to do a great job filling in for Bassong, and Ryan should look a lot better at RB than he does playing in midfield.

These are obvious changes to make, but I fully expect the clueless numpties picking the team to shove David Edgar in at right back instead.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1602109,00.html

Hughton Hopeful On Defensive Duo

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United are continuing to assess the fitness of Steven Taylor and Sebastien Bassong and remain hopeful that the defensive duo could feature against Chelsea a week on Saturday.

The pair limped out of last weekend's 3-1 home defeat against Arsenal, Bassong making way with a groin problem on 38 minutes before Taylor succumbed to an ankle injury after half-time.

And with the visit of Guus Hiddink's Champions League quarter finalists still ten days away, caretaker boss Chris Hughton is refusing to rule either player out of the Gallowgate clash.

"We are continuing to assess Steven and Sebastien Bassong and we're hopeful they could be available for Chelsea," he said.

"What we haven't done at this moment is rule either of them from making the Chelsea game.

"We are looking for an improvement over the next week or so and if we get that, they've got a chance but we're not ruling either of them out 100%.

"With both of these injuries the assessment is going to be over the next few days and we'll know after that if one or both of them have a chance for the Chelsea game."