Who is the best player in the world?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gerrard for me. The number of times he has saved Liverpool is amazing. Sure, he hasn't got the technical ability of Messi but he's more likely to take control of a game. Think back to the Champions League final against Milan. Gerrard pretty much took that game by the scuff off the neck in the second half and led Liverpool to victory. Wouldn't have happened without him.

I think the fact that Gerrard plays for Liverpool who most people (myself included) on here hate while Messi plays in Barca is having a big effect. If Gerrard was a foreign player playing in Spain and Messi played for Liverpool I bet the votes would be the other way round.

Messi by several country miles.

Even his goal against Malaga at the weekend there, no other player in the world is capable of doing it.  The quickness of his feet is just ridiculous.  The best natural dribbler I have ever seen.

30 goals and 14 assists so far for him this season iirc.

Messi by several country miles.

Even his goal against Malaga at the weekend there, no other player in the world is capable of doing it.  The quickness of his feet is just ridiculous.  The best natural dribbler I have ever seen.

30 goals and 14 assists so far for him this season iirc.

what did ronaldo get last year to win the lot?  messi should walk all awards this year

I can't believe Ryan Giggs is on the shortlist for the best player in the country at the moment.

Been superb this season which is what he's up for? Don't see the problem.

question would be who's been better?

gerrard will (and should) get it if they race to the title but this season has been short on good individuals

shola aside

Guest firetotheworks

The only stand out player Ive seen this season is Bosingwa, and even then he hasn't been as good as any of the previous winners over the last few seasons.

I can't believe Ryan Giggs is on the shortlist for the best player in the country at the moment.

why can't you believe it?

He's started only 10 league games this season, and scored the one goal. He has been immense in some of those games and more anonymous in others.

Others have been better.

I'm not actually saying I'm totally against him being on the shortlist though, as said it perhaps signifies a lack of individual quality elsewhere.

Guest timmy boy

Messi for me as well, mesmerising to watch, brilliant player. This years world player of the year for sure followed by  Ibrahimovic  then Alves.