Who is the best player in the world?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iniesta is awsome, him and xavi are the daddies.

Don't agree he's better than President King Ruler of the Earth Gerrard though. A cracking player, though.

Oh, Xavi? Xavi vs Gerrard is an interesting one. Technical wizardry vs physical domination.

As I said I was half joking, he's obviously a world class striker, but anyone watching Barca on a regular basis can see he is the end of quite of lot of attacks, much more than Messi or Henry at least.

25 goals in 27 league matches this season says it all.

102 goals in 135 league matches since joining Barcelona.  He's been consistantly world class for the past 5 seasons, regardless of the players he's been playing with.  He also does make quite a few goals for himself fwiw and is very capable of running at defenders and taking them on.

For me.. Eto'o, Torres and Villa are the 3 best strikers in the world, it's very close between them.  No one else comes close.

Absolutely spot on. Although Id argue Drogba, van Nistelrooy and Benzema aren't far off

Drogba and Benzema haven't been that good at all really. I rate Ibra and Henry above any of those three.

not this season i agree but on top of their game they are

Don't agree he's better than President King Ruler of the Earth Gerrard though. A cracking player, though.

Oh, Xavi? Xavi vs Gerrard is an interesting one. Technical wizardry vs physical domination.

I love Xavi. Declared him the best player in the world after the Euros. Don't think he is, but he's absolutely sublime, a joy to watch, just like the entire Spanish team.

I voted for Gerrard, surprisingly.

In contrast to the others, he's also extremely effective when the other side has the ball. For better or worse, he's also less dependent on having quality players around him.

Consummate big game player, too. Always comes up with the goods in the really big games.

If he only had a brain...

Xavi got taken off after 65' in the Liverpool game at the Nou Camp in 2007. Alonso, Gerrard and Momo totally bossed Xavi, Iniesta and Deco. Admittedly, Momo doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the other 5.

Xavi got taken off after 65' in the Liverpool game at the Nou Camp in 2007. Alonso, Gerrard and Momo totally bossed Xavi, Iniesta and Deco. Admittedly, Momo doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the other 5.

What does this even prove?  Xavi and Iniesta are crap?

Dunno why you'd say Gerrard even if you are a Liverpool fan, Messi is without doubt the best player in the world and anyone who says otherwise is either blind or smoking crack tbh.

Guest palnese

Give Essien some time to bounce back after a long time out and he is up there, at least amongst the best midfielders in the world. him, xavi and gerrard are on top in my book.

Would love to see Barca vs L'ppol this time, yaya toure xavi and iniesta (even keita and busquets) would be a tough match for anyone.

Messi is the king of football atm though.

Give Essien some time to bounce back after a long time out and he is up there, at least amongst the best midfielders in the world. him, xavi and gerrard are on top in my book.

Essien is superb. Best CM in the premiership last season. Utterly world class.

Agreed.

Very underrated footballer (always described as an athlete first and foremost). Two-footed, explosive, great passing/shooting, the archetypal modern central midfielder.

Agreed.

Very underrated footballer (always described as an athlete first and foremost). Two-footed, explosive, great passing/shooting, the archetypal modern central midfielder.

He's got it all (apart from possibly arial prowess). Underrated about what a miss he's been to Chelsea this season - Scolari would still be in a job if he'd been fit all year, and they would be right in the thick of the title race imo. The tap in he scored against Juventus summed him up to me, he must only have been about 60% fit, first game back (I think) and yet he still made up an incredible amount of ground to get there first - he's the drive and heartbeat of the team.

Messi and Iniesta is for me the best "football playing" footballers, Iniesta is just, too bad, underrated as hell.

Cant be in this thread without mentioning Zlatan also, even if alot of you guys hate him he is a raw and pure talent, what he does on the field at times is just magical.

He just need to be more consistant in Europe to be "aproved" by mostly english supporters, because in Italy he is a god imo

David Platt was a god in Italy.

Essien is one of the best players in this league, i dont think players who play CM get the dues, unless they are 'Stevie G'

Whilst I don't think Fab is anywhere near the best in the world, there would be few better CM partnerships than Cesc and Essien. Would complement each other perfectly in a proper 442 imo.

Essien is one of the best players in this league, i dont think players who play CM get the dues, unless they are 'Stevie G'

Whilst I don't think Fab is anywhere near the best in the world, there would be few better CM partnerships than Cesc and Essien. Would complement each other perfectly in a proper 442 imo.

Xavi and Essien.

What does this even prove?  Xavi and Iniesta are crap?

Dunno why you'd say Gerrard even if you are a Liverpool fan, Messi is without doubt the best player in the world and anyone who says otherwise is either blind or smoking crack tbh.

It doesn't prove anything, but it says more than asserting anyone who disagrees must be blind or high, though.

Gerrard is English, so the English media suckle his arse. Hardly a conspiracy. Essien is definitely one of the best players in the world. Can do everything, though could score more, and has the intelligence and attitude Gerrard lacks. Surely anyone would love to have him in their team.

Gerrard is English, so the English media suckle his arse. Hardly a conspiracy. Essien is definitely one of the best players in the world. Can do everything, though could score more, and has the intelligence and attitude Gerrard lacks. Surely anyone would love to have him in their team.

When he replicates his Liverpool form for England, I'd glady have him in the England team every game without doubt. However, is that ever going to happen? It hasn't so far in 70 caps. I hope he proves me wrong one day because if he does replicate his Liverpool form, we might actually get somewhere in South Africa next year.

For me, Gerrard is a world-class player but only in terms of league football because he doesn't perform on the International stage.

Messi is streets ahead in regards to the original question by the way.

Kaka shouldn't even be on that list. The most overrated pretty boy footballer in the history of the modern game. Andrea Pirlo is a better player. Granted he's had a shit time of it since winning the world cup.

As for the best player in the world? Leo Messi. Full stop

Kaka shouldn't even be on that list. The most overrated pretty boy footballer in the history of the modern game. Andrea Pirlo is a better player. Granted he's had a shit time of it since winning the world cup.

You'd already put a full stop in your sentance, comma, there really was no need to spell it out as well.

Kaka shouldn't even be on that list. The most overrated pretty boy footballer in the history of the modern game. Andrea Pirlo is a better player. Granted he's had a s*** time of it since winning the world cup.

You'd already put a full stop in your sentance, comma, there really was no need to spell it out as well. Full stop

fyp

When he replicates his Liverpool form for England, I'd glady have him in the England team every game without doubt. However, is that ever going to happen? It hasn't so far in 70 caps. I hope he proves me wrong one day because if he does replicate his Liverpool form, we might actually get somewhere in South Africa next year.

For me, Gerrard is a world-class player but only in terms of league football because he doesn't perform on the International stage.

Messi is streets ahead in regards to the original question by the way.

Fair enough. Can't comment on that, because I haven't watched an England game since 2006.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

I dont think Messi will ever leave Barca. Certainly not for City.

wonder what his release clause fee is?  :lol:

I'd be surprised if they had the foresight to set it higher than Man City are prepared to go. Madmen will probably offer £100+m.