Who is the best player in the world?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I did forget that youtube rules are dodgy around these parts so i deleted the video.

It's him punching the ball into the net and the goal standing in an attempt to beat Espanyol in the 2nd last game of the season and put Barca in the driving seat to win La Liga the season before last. Shame Espanyol equalised at almost the same moment Real Madrid scored in their game, putting Madrid back in the driving seat and bringing the title home a week later.

A "Hand of God" moment... don't see how that makes him a F C

The same way it makes Maradona a fucking cunt.

Casillas

Alves   Ferdinand   Vidic   Evra

Essien

Xavi           Iniesta

Messi                             Ronaldo

Eto'o

Sexy football, ftw.

i would trade gerrard for ronaldo.

I did forget that youtube rules are dodgy around these parts so i deleted the video.

It's him punching the ball into the net and the goal standing in an attempt to beat Espanyol in the 2nd last game of the season and put Barca in the driving seat to win La Liga the season before last. Shame Espanyol equalised at almost the same moment Real Madrid scored in their game, putting Madrid back in the driving seat and bringing the title home a week later.

he's Argentinian, it's part of their culture mate - literally

frankly over the years watching NUFC i'd have settled for a few more players willing to do what it takes to win the league (had we had some we might have won it that time)

not advocating outright cheating but something like a handball is a cheeky move that should be picked up by the officials, if it doesn't then he gets away with it

dry your eyes

frankly over the years watching NUFC i'd have settled for a few more players willing to do what it takes to win the league (had we had some we might have won it that time)

not advocating outright cheating but something like a handball is a cheeky move that should be picked up by the officials, if it doesn't then he gets away with it

dry your eyes

My eyes are dry, but I will call him a cunt in all of the relevant threads if i so wish thank you very much.

Lionel Messi is a Cunt.

Done.  :aww:

dry your eyes

My eyes are dry, but I will call him a cunt in all of the relevant threads if i so wish thank you very much.

Lionel Messi is a Cunt.

Done.  :aww:

:lol:

Guest NorwegianMag

Dan B is a short-sighted man.

Btw, C.Ronaldo is vastly overrated. Got som scrappy goals this season, and have been FAR FAR away from being one of the best players in the world. Truly great players are good against the best teams,  C.Ronaldo is a ghost in those matches. Pisses me REALLY off when people say that he's on of the all-time best.

-----------Casillas

Alves--Ramos--Carragher--Evra

-------------Essien

------Xavi--Gerrard--Iniesta

---Messi

------------Eto'o

Best player: Lionel Messi, no DOUBT.

Jesus, if you're going to obsess over that one moment from Messi then pretty much every player who's ever played has had one of those moments. Even Shearer, a legend in my eyes, lashed out at Lennon. Zidane has had a few moments of madness, Scholes tried the Maradona move at the beginning of this season and got sent off (ha ha). Every player has had a dodgy moment or two but that doesn't mean that they're a cunt.

Jesus, if you're going to obsess over that one moment from Messi then pretty much every player who's ever played has had one of those moments. Even Shearer, a legend in my eyes, lashed out at Lennon. Zidane has had a few moments of madness, Scholes tried the Maradona move at the beginning of this season and got sent off (ha ha). Every player has had a dodgy moment or two but that doesn't mean that they're a cunt.

If he had done it for Newcastle I'd love it, but he basically did it for my most disliked non-english team. Therefore he's a cunt. What the fuck is the big deal!? Did everyone expect some unanimous Leo Messi suck-fest? Fuck that.

If he had done it for Newcastle I'd love it, but he basically did it for my most disliked non-english team. Therefore he's a cunt. What the fuck is the big deal!? Did everyone expect some unanimous Leo Messi suck-fest? Fuck that.

it's a best player in the world thread, not a biggest cunt in the football world thread

which, by the way, should such a thread/vote exist would surely be led by ronaldo?

can't see how messi would make it in the top 10 personally

it's a best player in the world thread, not a biggest cunt in the football world thread

which, by the way, should such a thread/vote exist would surely be led by ronaldo?

can't see how messi would make it in the top 10 personally

he wouldn't. he's still a cunt like.

Guest firetotheworks

Im not saying he didn't handle the ball in that clip, his hands definitely in line with the ball, but theres no angle that proves it for definite. Watch it whilst looking for him handling it, then watch it looking for him headering it and it seems like both are right.

Btw, C.Ronaldo is vastly overrated. Got som scrappy goals this season, and have been FAR FAR away from being one of the best players in the world. Truly great players are good against the best teams,  C.Ronaldo is a ghost in those matches. Pisses me REALLY off when people say that he's on of the all-time best.

-----------Casillas

-------------Essien

---Messi

------------Eto'o

Ronaldo scored over 40 "scrappy" goals last season too. Must be shit.

Guest NorwegianMag

-----------Casillas

-------------Essien

---Messi

------------Eto'o

Ronaldo scored over 40 "scrappy" goals last season too. Must be s***.

Talking about THIS season mate.

And it was about 37 goals last season? :p

Maradona got away with it as well for Napoli in a game against Udinese. Little known fact for you all there.  :razz:

i think he did too for boca or argentinos juniors too. i've read his autobiography but i've got a memory like a waffle  :doh:

-----------Casillas

-------------Essien

---Messi

------------Eto'o

Carragher & Ramos centre halves???zut alors.

Guest Brazilianbob

Gerrard for me.  Messi hasn't done it week in week out in the hardest league in the world, whilst Gerrard has done so consistently.

If messi was over here he would be ducking tackles and diving like Robinho and C Ronaldo.  Lets not forget that La Liga is very open style football, where players are not really put under pressure until in the danger area.  In the EPL Messi would soon get fed up of being dumped on his backside as soon as he got the ball.

------------------------------casillas-----------------

ramos-------r. ferdinand -------- puyol------------zambrotta

c. ronaldo-----------------essien---------------------- ronaldinho

------------------------------messi------------------------------------

--------------------eto-o----------------podolski

that's my world XI :)

Gerrard for me.  Messi hasn't done it week in week out in the hardest league in the world, whilst Gerrard has done so consistently.

If messi was over here he would be ducking tackles and diving like Robinho and C Ronaldo.  Lets not forget that La Liga is very open style football, where players are not really put under pressure until in the danger area.  In the EPL Messi would soon get fed up of being dumped on his backside as soon as he got the ball.

Messi gets kicked pretty much every game (see El Classico this season), and tries to stay on his feet as much as he can.