Who is the best player in the world?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Casillas

Alves   Ferdinand   Vidic   Evra

Essien

Xavi           Iniesta

Messi                             Ronaldo

Eto'o

Sexy football, ftw.

This team, for the same reason.

The best team rather than the best players.

Gerrard for me.  Messi hasn't done it week in week out in the hardest league in the world, whilst Gerrard has done so consistently.

If messi was over here he would be ducking tackles and diving like Robinho and C Ronaldo.  Lets not forget that La Liga is very open style football, where players are not really put under pressure until in the danger area.  In the EPL Messi would soon get fed up of being dumped on his backside as soon as he got the ball.

I see what you're saying, but Messi's not much of a fanny He has a pretty low center of gravity and is harder to knock off the ball than you think.

Casillas

Alves   Ferdinand   Vidic   Evra

Essien

Xavi           Iniesta

Messi                             Ronaldo

Eto'o

Sexy football, ftw.

This team, for the same reason.

The best team rather than the best players.

I'd have Abidal in there instead of Evra, but other than that, no complaints from me. Possibly a bit harsh on Gerrard though, without him Liverpool wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the league IMO.

Gerrard for me.  Messi hasn't done it week in week out in the hardest league in the world, whilst Gerrard has done so consistently.

If messi was over here he would be ducking tackles and diving like Robinho and C Ronaldo.  Lets not forget that La Liga is very open style football, where players are not really put under pressure until in the danger area.  In the EPL Messi would soon get fed up of being dumped on his backside as soon as he got the ball.

Messi gets kicked pretty much every game (see El Classico this season), and tries to stay on his feet as much as he can.

:sadnod:

Guest firetotheworks

------------------------------Casillas---------------------------------

Alves----------Puyol ----------------------- Vidic------------Evra

-------------------------------Essien---------------------------------

-----------------Xavi-------------------------Gerrard---------------

---Messi---------------------Torres------------------Henry-------

Thats mine, not necessarily the best individuals (I'd probably have Ronaldo ahead of Henry on paper) but as a team I reckon that would be have some awesome little partnerships, and over all team play.

Messi gets kicked pretty much every game (see El Classico this season), and tries to stay on his feet as much as he can.

messi also has more upstairs than ronaldo & robinho put together - remember the chelski game when he got del horno (iirc) sent off in the first half by simply taunting him and tempting him to kick him up in the air

he'd take this piss in the PL, anyone thinking he wouldn't is a dreamer...spanish defenders are far more cultured than PL ones and he makes them look like jokers; the bags of meat we see outside the top 4-6 teams he'd laugh at probably literally

messi also has more upstairs than ronaldo & robinho put together - remember the chelski game when he got del horno (iirc) sent off in the first half by simply taunting him and tempting him to kick him up in the air

he'd take this piss in the PL, anyone thinking he wouldn't is a dreamer...spanish defenders are far more cultured than PL ones and he makes them look like jokers; the bags of meat we see outside the top 4-6 teams he'd laugh at probably literally

Loved it when he made Cannavaro and Bobby Carlos look like mugs, 2 on 1 and he still skinned them both.

Also love it when he's got the ball at a standing position with the defender on him, and he puts the defender on their arse.

Guest firetotheworks

This whole thing about him ending up on his arse in the PL is rubbish like. He gets kicked to pieces in La Liga, he gets doubled, tripled sometimes quadrupled up on too and he still takes the piss without even having to do any unneeded fanciness. His skill reminds me of Zidanes, not in looks, just that he only does it when he has to and it always, always serves a purpose. In all, Messi is the fucking tits.

Can't believe some people are putting Eto'o and Rooney ahead of Zlatan in their teams. He is winning the Serie A on his own at the moment, by far the best player in that league. The only reason he isn't recognised by English supporters is because everytime he has come up against English teams he's not performed. But I'd like to remember Messi had two very poor games against Man Utd in last seasons Champions League for example. It's not easy to get recognition when you play for an overrated side like Inter. And then there is this opinion that he doesn't perform in big games. On an international level he has been doing just that(scoring agianst Italy, Spain and Greece in the last two European Championships). This is something players like Gerrard and Ronaldo has been unable to do on international level.

For me, the only two players that are better than Ibrahimovic atm are Messi and Gerrard.

----------------Casillas--------------

Alves---Ferdinand---Vidic---Cole

---------Essien-----Gerrard----------

Messi-------------------------Ronaldo

-----------Torres---Zlatan-----------

Dan B is a short-sighted man.

Btw, C.Ronaldo is vastly overrated. Got som scrappy goals this season, and have been FAR FAR away from being one of the best players in the world. Truly great players are good against the best teams,  C.Ronaldo is a ghost in those matches. Pisses me REALLY off when people say that he's on of the all-time best.

-----------Casillas

Alves--Ramos--Carragher--Evra

-------------Essien

------Xavi--Gerrard--Iniesta

---Messi

------------Eto'o

Best player: Lionel Messi, no DOUBT.

Ronaldo scored over 40 "scrappy" goals last season too. Must be s***.

Talking about THIS season mate.

And it was about 37 goals last season? :p

It was 42.

So he's over-rated this season, but not last? Glad to clear that up.

Can't believe some people are putting Eto'o and Rooney ahead of Zlatan in their teams. He is winning the Serie A on his own at the moment, by far the best player in that league. The only reason he isn't recognised by English supporters is because everytime he has come up against English teams he's not performed. But I'd like to remember Messi had two very poor games against Man Utd in last seasons Champions League for example. It's not easy to get recognition when you play for an overrated side like Inter. And then there is this opinion that he doesn't perform in big games. On an international level he has been doing just that(scoring agianst Italy, Spain and Greece in the last two European Championships). This is something players like Gerrard and Ronaldo has been unable to do on international level.

He took the piss at Old Trafford tbf.

He was probably the best player in both games, the rest of his team, however, were ****.

He was probably the best player in both games, the rest of his team, however, were ****.

Pretty much. He was the only one for Barca who wanted the ball all of the time, the only one who tried to lead by example. The rest of his team just hid whereas he stood up and tried to take responsibility.

Pretty much. He was the only one for Barca who wanted the ball all of the time, the only one who tried to lead by example. The rest of his team just hid whereas he stood up and tried to take responsibility.

Maybe I'm wrong then, but if that's the case I see similarities to Ibrahimovic's situation in the games against Man Utd earlier this season. My point is I think too many people judge Zlatan on a few performances when playing for a very overrated side against very good sides.

Maybe I'm wrong then, but if that's the case I see similarities to Ibrahimovic's situation in the games against Man Utd earlier this season. My point is I think too many people judge Zlatan on a few performances when playing for a very overrated side against very good sides.

They do, most certainly. But if he wants to be regarded as the best he needs to step up and be counted in these games. Something which he isn't doing. And for a man of his talent that's criminal.

Guest firetotheworks

For me, the only two players that are better than Ibrahimovic atm are Messi and Gerrard.

Nope, its because every time Ive seen him play, and thats a fair bit...he's been crap. Im still open minded about him because a lot of people seem to rate him, but honestly, every single time Ive seen him in the champions league, or for Sweden he's been crap. You cant be crap in the Champions League and be in the World XI imo.

Guest saintscoobz

At the moment its got to be gerrard, he's playing the best football of his career.  Shame he's a scouser.

Guest Stephen927

Has to be Messi, the kids only 21 and he's having a brilliant season, taken the mick out of his fair share of teams, scored a hatful and laid on plenty for his team mates.

As a defender if you asked me who I would least like to play against it would be Messi.

You'd be knackered after 10 minutes just chasing the trail of flames his boots leave.

Aye, Zlatan with his terrific international record and simply amazing record in the Champions League, definitely one of the worlds best players :rolleyes:

Never mind that in Inter, they've got their whole team playing for him to score the goals coupled with the fact that the Serie A is wanktastic.

Aye, Zlatan with his terrific international record and simply amazing record in the Champions League, definitely one of the worlds best players :rolleyes:

Never mind that in Inter, they've got their whole team playing for him to score the goals coupled with the fact that the Serie A is wanktastic.

You dont have a clue what you are talking about, but still you do it. Why dont you go off and wank to a picture of Henrik Larsson wont you.

Care to enlighten me what part of my post was bollocks then?

Guest saintscoobz

At the moment its got to be gerrard, he's playing the best football of his career.  Shame he's a scouser.

Not Messi?  :kinnear:

Not Messi?

Messi aint a scouser 

Not Messi?  :kinnear:

Not Messi?

Messi aint a scouser   

:dowie:

Its best player in the world not best scouser in the world.