Who is the best player in the world?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest kingdawson

Swapping Eto'o for Zlatan??  Ridiculous.

Yep. Zlatan goes hiding in the big game, and Eto'o is just an all around better player. There's many strikers in the world i rate above Ibrahimovic.

Anyway, Messi is the best player in the world right now.

Swapping Eto'o for Zlatan??  Ridiculous.

Yep. Zlatan goes hiding in the big game, and Eto'o is just an all around better player. There's many strikers in the world i rate above Ibrahimovic.

Anyway, Messi is the best player in the world right now.

I wouldn't say Eto'o's overall game is better than Zlatan's at all. However purely from a striking perspective I'd rather have him in my time.

I couldn't give a rats arse about who the best player in the world is right now.

Yet you opened the thread and posted in it.

Because it keeps coming to the freakin top all the time and I was hoping that it had been derailed into an old board v new board conversation :p

Guest kingdawson

The big difference between Etoo and Zlatan is that Etoo doesnt have to care what he does, he can just run towards goal and swoop theres the ball on his feet.

Zlatan has to use alot more time and effort to get the ball upfield as he is both a target player AND topscorer, for god sake he has scored alot of goals with the amount of responsibillity he has over the whole attacking area.

When is people gonna get this?

Imagine how many goals Zlatan would score if he had Messi, Iniesta and Xavi behind him, how can people even see at as a shocker how many goals Etoo scores when he have these kind of players serving him?

Could Zlatan score the amount of goals Eto'o did at Mallorca? somehow i don't think so.

Easy answer - Matty Pattison.

In all seriousness out of the above I would probably say Stevie Gerrard.

You have to ask how you would define "best player" is it the person with the most footballing ability? The person who is most significant in their respective teams? The player who scores and makes the most goals?

I cannot help but realise that all of the above are attacking players - why can't a defender be one of the best players in the world?

Just a few questions I thought I would pose.

Now, that I have joked and chose from the above players I will choose the worlds actual "best" player...

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20080818/10/1364701898-soccer-barclays-premier-league-manchester-united-v-newcastle-united-old.jpg

:coolsmiley:

gerrard is the player i would most like in my team, as an all rounder.

have to say i woukd take gerrard or rooney over ronaldo anyday.

messi is quality, goes without saying, but i think gerrard offers more as an all rounder.

Now, that I have joked and chose from the above players I will choose the worlds actual "best" player...

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20080818/10/1364701898-soccer-barclays-premier-league-manchester-united-v-newcastle-united-old.jpg

:coolsmiley:

It's great that 46 did turn out to be a fucking star.

Guest kingdawson

54 goals at Mallorca for Eto'o (and i think that's only league goals). Tbh Eto'o had a better goalscoring ratio at Mallorca then Zlatan had at Juve. Now considering Juve are a far superior team then Mallorca, i don't really think you can use the argument that Eto'o only scores goals because of the players around him at Barca.

• 11 months later...
Guest Stephen927

Messi :smitten: :smitten:

He's 22 and already up there with Ronaldo, Pele, Zidane, Maradona, Cruyff and so on.

Really don't think you can say anyone else than him right now unless you're a teenage girl with a crush on Ronaldo. He's unplayable.