Ireland Internationals

Decky

this is just embarrassing now.  Let it go man.

This.  I'd rather see them challenge France's place than ask to be in as well.  The perfect plan for a play-off: Hey, we both want in, so, why don't you cheat, so you'll get in cos you won, and we'll get in out of sympathy.

For the record, I'm completely against video technology, and will be proper gutted if it's introduced.

bit of an over reaction?

I don't think so.  I'm not going to abandon football or anything, but I really think it will be very bad for the game.

Guest Stephen927

Do the Irish know how to count, that would make it uneven numbers, only teams that have earnt their place at the World Cup should be there, and the host nation(s).

Only way something like this should be considered is if someone if tried and convicted on match fixing or at least six players die. Otherwise, it's nonsensical.

I don't get it? ???

The FAI are really clutching at straws now. Ah well, at least I'm already well practiced in being embarrassed by those running the team I support...

Only way something like this should be considered is if someone if tried and convicted on match fixing or at least six players die. Otherwise, it's nonsensical.

I don't get it? ???

The FAI are really clutching at straws now. Ah well, at least I'm already well practiced in being embarrassed by those running the team I support...

Bascially I'm saying something catastrophic would have had to happen or the match would have to be declared illegitimate because it was purposely fixed. I see no other reason for a replay, never mind this insanity being proposed by Ireland.

By the way, who exactly should Ireland displace in Pot 2? All of the teams in that pot have recently qualified for/participated in the World Cup or have done well/participated in the European Championships. Ireland has done neither of these. In fact, Ireland has not qualified for the European Championships in my entire lifetime.

Baba, I'd always assumed you were at least 35. :lol:

:lol: What? I'm only 19, so even if you took that as my "football age" and tried to calculate my "true" age it would only be like 24.

Also, I thought you were American until Henry's handball.

Very good.