Ireland Internationals

Decky

Guest optimistic nit

good result for them but they should really have won the game. poland were really average. and needed about 10 good chances to find the net. if norn ireland hadn't sat back they would have won.

good result for them but they should really have won the game. poland were really average. and needed about 10 good chances to find the net. if norn ireland hadn't sat back they would have won.

I agree.  Though ironically Paterson missed the best chance of the lot

So frustrating, Poland were their for the taking big time last night.  Played so well though so can't be too disappointed.

Lafferty was a different class and we'd have defo won had he not got injured.  Jonny Evans was also different class, he's just so good.  You can tell how much working with the best centre backs in the world at club level is improving his game.

Bring on Slovakia.

So frustrating, Poland were their for the taking big time last night.  Played so well though so can't be too disappointed.

Lafferty was a different class and we'd have defo won had he not got injured.  Jonny Evans was also different class, he's just so good.  You can tell how much working with the best centre backs in the world at club level is improving his game.

Bring on Slovakia.

gotta mention big G too mate, he was immense but let his inexperience show for their goal, shame as it was his only mistake of the night.

Couldnt believe big laf, he was on fire last night and really hope he makes wed night.

Patterson must be beating himself up a bit today, this 1on1 miss was bad enough but the decision to shoot when we had 3 other options either side was terrible, simply cannot waste those chances at this level!

I really cannot warm to worthington though, he is a negative twat and this was highlighted by his 'celebrations' at the final whistle last night.

As costly as it was losing laf, the team clearly were under instruction to sit back when he went off and it really was a matter of time before they scored.

We have beaten better teams than the poles with two 'wee' men up front (healy and feeno played in 3-2 win over spain) so it should not have stopped us attacking them, especially saying how poor their defence was!

Saying that, a point would have made me happy pre-kick off so bring on Wednesday night, I'll be in the North Stand of Windsor as always singing me heart out!

GAWA!

Guest cfhpantera27

Bring on Slovakia.

This

Cant wait for tomorrow night  :clap2: GAWA  :clap2:

• 5 weeks later...

i think theres some combination of results that will put republic seeded for the play off draw (feckin fifa and changing the rules in the middle of the competition because platini got down the phone to blatter in case france got someone tough in the play off) i think we need a sweedish win (bizzarily we're higher ranked than sweeden) and slovakia i think it is to win too.

Meanwhile with italy only needing a point and us realisticly not going to win the group and 2 italian managers im going to out on a limb here and predict 0-0 result.

i think theres some combination of results that will put republic seeded for the play off draw (feckin fifa and changing the rules in the middle of the competition because platini got down the phone to blatter in case france got someone tough in the play off) i think we need a sweedish win (bizzarily we're higher ranked than sweeden) and slovakia i think it is to win too.

Meanwhile with italy only needing a point and us realisticly not going to win the group and 2 italian managers im going to out on a limb here and predict 0-0 result.

I think Norway are 6 points behind us, which would mean a draw in our next 2 games would guarantee we wont finish bottom of the play off table, and HOPEFULLY mean we actually get their finishing 2nd in Group 8 as Bulgaria are 5 points behind us. If we draw im celebrating a successful group stage on Saturday night, as I think we will win on Wednesday (even if we may not have to).

I think Norway are 6 points behind us, which would mean a draw would guarantee we wont finish bottom of the play off table, and HOPEFULLY mean we actually get their finishing 2nd in Group 8 as Bulgaria are 5 points behind us. If we draw im celebrating a successful group stage on Saturday night, as I think we will win on Wednesday (even if we may not have to).

i think all we need to wrap up 2nd place is 2 points and we're more or less guaranteed not to have lowest total. its the rankings/seedings issues that worries me, while there are some teams ranked above us i think we could take (france are a disaster zone under domenech and greece aint that good) its who comes out of group 4 in play off, germany or russia that is of concern, neithers a pleasant prospect in a play off

I think Norway are 6 points behind us, which would mean a draw would guarantee we wont finish bottom of the play off table, and HOPEFULLY mean we actually get their finishing 2nd in Group 8 as Bulgaria are 5 points behind us. If we draw im celebrating a successful group stage on Saturday night, as I think we will win on Wednesday (even if we may not have to).

i think all we need to wrap up 2nd place is 2 points and we're more or less guaranteed not to have lowest total. its the rankings/seedings issues that worries me, while there are some teams ranked above us i think we could take (france are a disaster zone under domenech and greece aint that good) its who comes out of group 4 in play off, germany or russia that is of concern, neithers a pleasant prospect in a play off

Neither are Croatia tbh. Sweden could still put us in the bottom 4 too (I assume by seeded you mean top 4 playing bottom 4? or is it international rankings?). 4 or 6 points with both France and Sweden getting either 0, 1, 3 or 4, would do lovely :lol:

What's '94 got to do with Damien Duff, Robbie fucking Keane, Keith Andrews and Glenn Whelan? I'd just find it hard to get excited by the awful anti-football they practice. Fair enough, if it's England.. things are finally on the up for them. Loads of promising talent and don Fabio always wins.. but Ireland? they're shiiiiit.