Ireland Internationals

Decky

i think theres some combination of results that will put republic seeded for the play off draw (feckin fifa and changing the rules in the middle of the competition because platini got down the phone to blatter in case france got someone tough in the play off) i think we need a sweedish win (bizzarily we're higher ranked than sweeden) and slovakia i think it is to win too.

Meanwhile with italy only needing a point and us realisticly not going to win the group and 2 italian managers im going to out on a limb here and predict 0-0 result.

I think Norway are 6 points behind us, which would mean a draw would guarantee we wont finish bottom of the play off table, and HOPEFULLY mean we actually get their finishing 2nd in Group 8 as Bulgaria are 5 points behind us. If we draw im celebrating a successful group stage on Saturday night, as I think we will win on Wednesday (even if we may not have to).

i think all we need to wrap up 2nd place is 2 points and we're more or less guaranteed not to have lowest total. its the rankings/seedings issues that worries me, while there are some teams ranked above us i think we could take (france are a disaster zone under domenech and greece aint that good) its who comes out of group 4 in play off, germany or russia that is of concern, neithers a pleasant prospect in a play off

Neither are Croatia tbh. Sweden could still put us in the bottom 4 too (I assume by seeded you mean top 4 playing bottom 4? or is it international rankings?). 4 or 6 points with both France and Sweden getting either 0, 1, 3 or 4, would do lovely :lol:

international rankings (hence why its such a blatant bailout of france germany) and for some bizzare reason i don't get we're ranked above sweeden despite them getting to tournements a lot

Guest Roger Kint

Since when did the FIFA rankings ever make sense in most cases? The real big countries aside who actually believes they really tell a true story?

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

Take a look at England/Croatia's +/- points in August 2009(last column), did i miss something during that 5-1 win? Also how Argentina can continue to gain points for losing ;D

I can't believe people care about internationals.. especially the Irish.. you're shit man. Whoever you get in the play offs will murder you easily.

Oh right well lets not even have a national team then. What a load of bollocks. Incase you didnt notice, Newcastle are shit as well, lets stop bothering with them now eh?

I think this is a typical case of you being bitter that as shit as Ireland may be, Bulgaria are even worse, they arnt even going to make the play offs man :lol:

I can't believe people care about internationals.. especially the Irish.. you're shit man. Whoever you get in the play offs will murder you easily.

Oh right well lets not even have a national team then. What a load of bollocks. Incase you didnt notice, Newcastle are shit as well, lets stop bothering with them now eh?

:lol: You do it every time Decky.

:lol: You do it every time Decky.

I cant help it man, im so easy :lol:

Any chance that the Ireland (player, not country) situation is sorted out? I guess it's probably too late for him to make the WC squad though.

Sorted out? It's pretty sorted in Stephen Ireland's mind I think. The other day he was going on about how International football is dying and players don't wanna play any more, it's a chore.

Guest Heneage

Do Ireland have a lot of European based players?

Every one of them is European based...

He's trying to impress people again.

Guest Heneage

Do Ireland have a lot of European based players?

Every one of them is European based...

He's trying to impress people again.

Me or him?

I'm confused. What's he doing?

Him mate. He's trying to live up to that tag line under his avatar.  :facepalm: