Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

He'll sign if and when he's good and ready to sign.

The club is in limbo at the minute and needs to be sorted before any important appointment is made. The whole thing needs ripping apart from top to bottom and if it takes a month or 2 to get sorted then so be it. As long as it's done right obviously. If Shearer wants to be the guy that oversees it all then he'll bend a bit in negotiations. I've actually managed to bore myself with this post but f*** it I'll post the t*** anyway.  

Thats just it though Ashley is not going give Shearer the job he wants to sell so he wont be doing any deal with Al, all we can do is hope the club sell fast and at thos pont I really don't care who buys it as long as its done fast.

That's what a million Newcastle fans some know-nowts said 2 years ago. The same fans know-nowts were over the moon when they heard a billionaire was the new owner. The same fans know-nowts have just seen us go down for only the 5th time in 117 years. :hmm:

Corrected for accuracy.

If we end up with Shepherd & Keegan after all this mess I'll honestly give up on that club.

Interesting problem for you that.

You dislike the club being run by someone with ambition and you dislike the playing side being managed by someone with talent.

Given your comment can it be assumed you think Ashley/Kinnear is better than Shepherd/Keegan?  :mackems:

No I don't. Is it totally out of the question to believe all four aren't what this club needs?

A chairman who shows ambition. Brilliant, Peter Ridsdale showed plenty of that at Leeds and look what happened when he over-spent. Bet if Ken Bates ever sells up they'll all welcome him back with open arms just because at one stage he got them the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Robbie Keane, etc. and into Europe on several occasions.

As for Keegan. Not a chance. Do you honestly think the players will want him back after he left them in the shite last September? I can just see him back at his first training session explaining that one, "Yeah lads, sorry I ditched you lot, but you must accept I've got priniciples. Anyway I'm back now so all's brilliant again. Anyway, the squad for Blackpool is..."

We need to keep Shearer, or completely start afresh.

If we end up with Shepherd & Keegan after all this mess I'll honestly give up on that club.

Interesting problem for you that.

You dislike the club being run by someone with ambition and you dislike the playing side being managed by someone with talent.

Given your comment can it be assumed you think Ashley/Kinnear is better than Shepherd/Keegan?  :mackems:

No I don't. Is it totally out of the question to believe all four aren't what this club needs?

A chairman who shows ambition. Brilliant, Peter Ridsdale showed plenty of that at Leeds and look what happened when he over-spent. Bet if Ken Bates ever sells up they'll all welcome him back with open arms just because at one stage he got them the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Robbie Keane, etc. and into Europe on several occasions.

As for Keegan. Not a chance. Do you honestly think the players will want him back after he left them in the shite last September? I can just see him back at his first training session explaining that one, "Yeah lads, sorry I ditched you lot, but you must accept I've got priniciples. Anyway I'm back now so all's brilliant again. Anyway, the squad for Blackpool is..."

We need to keep Shearer, or completely start afresh.

Good post.

hows this to set the cat amongst the pigeons..........

i'd take fred back (as i think he may well have shit himself at the position the club was in when he left) and we'd be (imo) unlikely to see those levels of debts and wages again because of it.

i wouldn't want keegan in charge of the playing side again.

If Shearer walked cos Shepherd came back, would people call Shearer the same way they did when Keegan left cos of Ashley?

Ashley looks more and more of a bellend who doesnt give a fuck about us, with every day that passes.

If Shearer walked cos Shepherd came back, would people call Shearer the same way they did when Keegan left cos of Ashley?

Ashley looks more and more of a bellend who doesnt give a f*** about us, with every day that passes.

shearer can't walk out as yet as he hasn't anything to walk out of.

Kieth harris has just sai on radio5 , shearer never made any wage demands.

he also stated a number of genuine interested parties in owning the club, and expects something to happen by the end of the month.

The Keegan legal case continues, and he expects Keegan will return to management, after the case.

edit, anybody who knows how to post them links to Bbc broadcasts shoud post one to this mornings sportsweek,- interesting.

edit, regarding highlighted part, I just listened to it again, and it was Richard Bevan of LMA, who I heard saying that,....apologies.

Ashley looks more and more of a bellend who doesnt give a f*** about us, with every day that passes.

shearer can't walk out as yet as he hasn't anything to walk out of.

he could try the door?

Kieth harris has just sai on radio5 , shearer never made any wage demands.

he also stated a number of genuine interested parties in owning the club, and expects something to happen by the end of the month.

The Keegan legal case continues, and he expects Keegan will return to management, after the case.

edit, anybody who knows how to post them links to Bbc broadcasts shoud post one to this mornings sportsweek,- interesting.

Would be interesting to see what clubs would take a gamble on Keegan.

hows this to set the cat amongst the pigeons..........

i'd take fred back (as i think he may well have shit himself at the position the club was in when he left) and we'd be (imo) unlikely to see those levels of debts and wages again because of it.

i wouldn't want keegan in charge of the playing side again.

I don't want Shepherd back because I don't think he's the sort that learns from his mistakes. If something goes wrong, it's someone else's fault. If he does get back, he'll think he was right all along and it'll only enhance his totally misguided faith in himself.

As for Keegan, it surprised me that any major club was prepared to offer him a chance after the way he walked out of the England job. Years on, his reputation may still be intact within large sections of our support, but not anywhere else.

Shearer or AN Other, they need to get it sorted ASAP.  Have any plans been made for pre-season, friendlies lined up?  Will there be any coaches there when the players return?  Guess only Hughton and Money are under contract now.

I wonder where all the experienced managers are who will work with a limited at best transfer budget?

As for Keegan, it surprised me that any major club was prepared to offer him a chance after the way he walked out of the England job. Years on, his reputation may still be intact within large sections of our support, but not anywhere else.

But what is it about Keegan specifically?

As has been discussed on other threads, Steve Bruce has walked out on other clubs (in bitter circumstances a la Crystyal Palace) for "better" jobs yet teams continue to employ him and many of our fans would take him  :undecided:

Its Sundayyyyyyyyyyy, fk all news all week then pow :lol: does my fkn nutt in

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=shearer-the-toon-is-floating-towards-oblivion%26method=full%26objectid=21421343%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Alan Shearer is ready to walk away from Newcastle because owner Mike Ashley is stalling on talks regarding his potential future as manager of the club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1191326/EXCLUSIVE-Shearer-shocker--star-frozen-Ashley-100m-buyer-Newcastle.html

This could be because Shearer is not Ashley's preferred choice for the vacant manager's post at St James' Park, and the only way he will become their new boss is if a new buyer for the club is found.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/347430/Newcastle-boss-is-wanted-by-West-Brom.html

Alternatively, Shearer could replace Celtic-bound manager Tony Mowbray at West Brom.

But what is it about Keegan specifically?

As has been discussed on other threads, Steve Bruce has walked out on other clubs (in bitter circumstances a la Crystyal Palace) for "better" jobs yet teams continue to employ him and many of our fans would take him  :undecided:

Steve Bruce's behaviour hasn't always met the highest standards, but he's moved on to what he sees as better opportunities. Keegan's whole motivation to be a manager is more questionable. I see him as a glory hunter who can't stick it through the difficult times. In order to survive and thrive long-term, you have to have a passion for the job itself, and Keegan gets discouraged too easily.

Doesn't it seem a pretty pointless exercise negotiating conditions for the coming season with an owner who doesn't plan to be in charge next season anyway?

I got the feeling it was after Ashley heard the Shearer/Dowie conditions that he paraphrased "Fuck it, can't be arsed with this - I'm selling." Hence the negotiations ended up in limbo.