Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

He isn't here for 8 games, guaranteed.

Ashley can't let him leave and bring Kinnear back as the fans would go mental.

He'd be signing his own death certificate.

"It's a club I love and I don't want them to go down. I'll do everything I can to stop that," Shearer told BBC Sport.

"It's a tough, tough situation that the club is in. I believe I can help the club. There is a nucleus of good players that can get the club out of trouble.

"There are very, very good players that are just lacking in confidence.

"We are going to need every ounce of effort from the players and the supporters. The supporters are well renowned and I know they won't let us down.

"I'm looking no further than the eight game spell. Joe Kinnear is in charge. He is recovering well and we wish him well but I am here for eight games only."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7975700.stm

Guess I'm wrong then.  :laugh2:

He's floundering when he hears the question, he's blatently thought further ahead.

Listen to the interview, it's slightly different from the written quotes. He said he's not looking forward further than these next 8 games.

He's cleary got Mr PC hat on. At the end of the day, Kinnear hasn't signed the contract yet so they're in the same boat, both their contracts end at the end of the season.

He also slips at the beginning of his reply, saying: "Ask me at the end..."

:lol: He's not going anywhere. Like i've said; this is it.

any idea when the press conference is tomorrow?  I know the afternoon has been mentioned, but I'm looking for something a little more specific...

Same. Not looked forward to a press conference since the days when Keegan was here.

Guest firetotheworks

Im pissed, therefore:

SHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any idea when the press conference is tomorrow?  I know the afternoon has been mentioned, but I'm looking for something a little more specific...

12.00pm apparently, unless anything changes.

Same. Not looked forward to a press conference since the days when Keegan was here.

That same feeling is there with me but I am trying not to get ahead of myself. A whole bucketload of work to be done yet.

I keep telling myself not to expect miracles.

Listen to the interview, it's slightly different from the written quotes. He said he's not looking forward further than these next 8 games.

He's cleary got Mr PC hat on. At the end of the day, Kinnear hasn't signed the contract yet so they're in the same boat, both their contracts end at the end of the season.

He also slips at the beginning of his reply, saying: "Ask me at the end..."

:lol: He's not going anywhere. Like i've said; this is it.

Either suggests his opinion is dependant on whether we stay up or not, or whether he enjoys management i suppose.

Have to be aware that he may simply be looking at it in terms of saving our club THIS season in an emergency move. Theres no guarantees he's likely to stay on, especially under Ashley.

Hope he does though, think theres about 80% chance that he will regardless. Especially when hes back in it at the touchline hearing his name chanted by an entire stadium. Even the Chelsea lads will be impressed let alone ours to be in that atmosphere.

Guest neesy111

http://neesy111.x10hosting.com/2652_63412498171_570203171_1613659_1119913_n.jpg

got this from facebook, apparently taken in fratellis in ponteland

http://starka.x10hosting.com:2082/viewer/home%2Fneesy111%2Fpublic_html/2652_63412498171_570203171_1613659_1119913_n.jpg

got what ?

Guest neesy111

i remember back to keegans first go at managing ewas very similar. it wasn'y till a week or so before the final game that he said he'd stop regardless if we went down or not.

keegan said on the video 'keegan's six of the best' that he and terry mac would have gone if we had gone down

http://starka.x10hosting.com:2082/viewer/home%2Fneesy111%2Fpublic_html/2652_63412498171_570203171_1613659_1119913_n.jpg

got what ?

Link aint working.

Guest neesy111

got what ?

i remember back to keegans first go at managing ewas very similar. it wasn'y till a week or so before the final game that he said he'd stop regardless if we went down or not.

keegan said on the video 'keegan's six of the best' that he and terry mac would have gone if we had gone down

keegan said before the leicester he'd stop regardless  if we stayed up or not.

good manager but i'd never trust him.

got what ?

that female on the left died in 1927

Alan Shearer Says

tryd to let you all know yesterday. Now today you all know. 15 hours ago

He would get banned on here with talk like that!

You mean Fake Alan Shearers Says

Obviously :lol:

Alan Shearer Says

tryd to let you all know yesterday. Now today you all know. 15 hours ago

He would get banned on here with talk like that!

You mean Fake Alan Shearers Says

Obviously :lol:

Phew.