Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

I have to confess, that despite my cynicism, despite the fact that I think we'll still take the drop (which I won't be blaming Alan for), I am starting to by in to the hype.

He has ignited a small spark of optimism in me that I may later regret as it slowly warms a sense of hope.  I only fear that my initial cynicism may prove founded and once again my hope will be smashed in to a thousand shards against the concrete of St James' Park stadium.

My god Ian Dowie's ugly! The face only a mother could love.

But yeah, great to see Al back at the club. Really warms the heart seeing the players looking happy and ditto Shearer!

HOWAY THE LADS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/deadreflection/NUFC/010278566533800.gif

This photo in particular warms the heart.

Nile looking Happy

That's the most important thing.

He's just glad to be working witha Striker who was near his level at his prime.

:lol:

Guest Heneage

Pulis loves being on Sky, every day, I await him just coming on to talk about the cricket. I see the mongs have got the day off from work.

Is it just me who feels that Xisco might start banging them in as i think Shearer will fancy him rather than Shola off the bench? I just got that feeling and that he might go with a 4-3-3 as Keegan did the last 8 games last season.

It was like this at work for me - I saw this yesterday...but it's sort of sinking in now...AND Wise is leaving....all i could say at work was:

SHEARER'S BACK SHEARER'S BACK

Thing is, no one at work knows who shearer is.

Where do you work?  Just show them the Sheff Wed game and they'll soon know.

Mate, it's in Australia - all they know is about afl here. I've put a sneaky comment about Shearer here:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/comments/0,22638,25278828-12428,00.html

The only Magpies they know here are the Collingwood magpies...

Anyway, Shearer's back and i'm over the moon....great to see the fotos and to see him gelling with the squad.  Looks like the lads are having a great time and good to see Xisco looking happy.

I'm just so happy... :celb:

Guest Stephen927

Chelsea at home is a tough first game, the game after is where we'll really see what kind of tactics Shearer will be looking to use to win games.

Interested to see how he'll set the team up.

Well well well, it appears we have been cursed by a Chinaman, for we live in interesting times...

Wise's dismissal is a huge backflip for Ashley, and paints a clear picture that he was willing to concede anything in order to get Shearer onside. I've no doubt that if Shearer told Ashley he wanted a blowjob from Llambias as a sweetener, then Ashley would have pushed Derek to his knees.

Here's hoping it works - I for one won't be considering what happens next season until after these eight games .

And frankly I think that's how Ashley feels right now too. He's placed his bet, let's see where the chips fall in May.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/deadreflection/NUFC/010278566533800.gif

This photo in particular warms the heart.

Nile looking Happy

That's the most important thing.

He's just glad to be working witha Striker who was near his level at his prime.

:lol: :lol: