Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest Micktoon

It´s bloody weird after a full day of Shearer on the lips of all the press and all over the telly, there is still bugger all official from the club or on the webpage.

Something smells I tells ya.

You mean the press pulling the biggest April fool in history?

Would laugh my tit's off like but highly doubt it

Not really an April fool, it just seems odd that the club have said fook all.

It´s bloody weird after a full day of Shearer on the lips of all the press and all over the telly, there is still bugger all official from the club or on the webpage.

You mean the press pulling the biggest April fool in history?

Would laugh my tit's off like but highly doubt it

Not really an April fool, it just seems odd that the club have said fook all.

Well until the deal is thashed out about who's in and who's out why announce until it's complete?

On Setanta they are saying Dennis Wise has gone already

Guest Mucky01

Sorry if this has already been posted but this is from nufc.com:

PS: The intriguing possibility has emerged that the Shearer appointment is linked to a new investor in the club and he's been persuaded to take the position by someone other than Ashley and Llambias. The events of the coming days will doubtless prove or disprove that theory.

Could make sense...

yep, something tells me that there’s something else going on, can’t see that Ashley & Co have seen the light and changed their whole ethos and somehow convinced Shearer to come on board and forget what they’ve done.

Very strange.

Guest Mucky01

in fairness to the buffoons at the club, they are having a press conference tomorrow where they will want to milk the whole Shearer circus in front of the media rather than put some half hearted post on their website that no one uses anyway.

The PR overdrive will kick in tomorrow to get the club buzzing, but why it’s taken 2 days to call the press conference after it’s been leaked seems a bit of a wasted opportunity — although it will give all the mongs time to pitch outside St James’ Park.

My god just got in and switched setanta news on!

That mong bird with the glasses   :spit:

love that first sentence. conjours up a great mental picture.

I found myself wondering who his G(g)od was, Shiva the Destroyer perhaps.

My god just got in and switched setanta news on!

That mong bird with the glasses   :spit:

love that first sentence. conjours up a great mental picture.

I found myself wondering who his G(g)od was, Shiva the Destroyer perhaps.

it's a lovely little picture though isn't it.

bontempi's sitting at home. his god comes in and puts setanta news on. "oh howay man ,i was watching the simpsons" says bontempi.

there's nowt odd about the silence from the official site, it's always been slow to update and a complete shambles.

It's a FACT.

Still, doubt any of us would be suprised to read a new skysports headline of how its all fallen through & we're only going for Dowie.

To be fair the club, the deal might not be finalised.

Not much point in putting it up if not, eh?  :blush:

"The club can confirm an approach to Alan Shearer has been made, more details to follow."

Is doing that sort of thing really such a no-go? :dontknow:

It will all end in tears

heard quite a few people say this today and its makes me laugh, aside from ferguson name me a few managerial careers that haven't/definitely wont end in tears, even mourinho to chelsea ended in tears man you knacker, the very fact that there HAS to be an end, implies the tears, its the nature of the beast.

On Look North, they stopped Lambias at the ground and he said they would be in touch with the press later. He had his chance to deny stuff then.

Guest SupermacTheLegend

Cant wait till saturday, going to the match with my best mate,

I Love you King Al,  :smitten: