Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Said hes only in it for 8 games & looking no further than that.

Joe Kinnear still has the job & is still recovering

:kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear:

He's hardly gonna turn around and say "I want the job full time. I hope the fucker dies"

Shearer just being very politically correct. I wouldnt have expected any other answer from him

As HTT said, the whole club needs to focus on these 8 games and these 8 games only

Guest toonlass

He's hardly gonna turn around and say "I want the job full time. I hope the fucker dies"

He would be sainted if he did tbh!

He didnt have to even mention it though tbh. He specifically said, im only looking at the next 8 games. Something in it for me, he didnt need to mention Kinnear.

There are far too many other things going on at the same time for this to be just for eight games. The focus is on staying up though, as it should be. Worry about next season when we know what league we're going to be playing in.

He didnt have to even mention it though tbh. He specifically said, im only looking at the next 8 games. Something in it for me, he didnt need to mention Kinnear.

as much as it points to a chain of events that i want to happen, i'd suggest there's more in the fact that dennis wise has left on the same night that shearer has come in

Guest Chubby Jason

Not even Ashley would be stupid enough to bring Kinnear back nest season after pulling off bringing Shearer back.

If Kinnear was fit enough to carry on as manager, we wouldn't have got Shearer in - i'm certain of that. Kinnear was always 'first choice' - they offered him a contract don't forget.

They've turned to Shearer because it's obvious Kinnear isn't going to be able to carry on. Alan's got to say stuff like that, to be fair to him, simply to be politically correct.

He won't be here for just 8 games. This is it, it's happened - Shearer is the manager now. :aww:

There's absolutely no way they'd get rid of Wise if Shearer hadn't insisted on it. If it was purely for 8 games, why would it make a jot of difference (especially as there's no transfer window at the minute)

Agree with Yorkie above, Shearer was never going to come out and slate Kinnear. He was a health risk before his operation, never mind after.

What if they're bringing in  :dowie: long term & Shearer's just to help us stay up.

I reckon Dowie is the contingency plan in case the worst happens.  Kinnear will be moved upstairs regardless (or he might leave) and Dowie will get the job if we end up in the fizzy pop.  Shearer will stay on if he keeps us up. 

Another question. Why would Shearer just come in for 8 games?

He was always banging on about wanting this job. He fucks up this 8 games, he's hardly gonna be given the chance to manage us again in the future.

I think Iain Dowie is a free agent who has the respect of Shearer, and a hell of a lot of experience, not only of football in general but of a relegation battle. And that's why i reckon we've got him in.

Another question. Why would Shearer just come in for 8 games?

He was always banging on about wanting this job. He f***s up this 8 games, he's hardly gonna be given the chance to manage us again in the future.

You can hardly blame if we go down, but I see your point.

Maybe he is thinking less about his career and more about how totally ruinous it would be if the club went down.  Or maybe he IS thinking about his career, and would prefer to manage Newcastle in the Premier League and not after the Leeds like meltdown that I guarantee would follow relegation. 

He isn't here for 8 games, guaranteed.

Ashley can't let him leave and bring Kinnear back as the fans would go mental.

He'd be signing his own death certificate.

"It's a club I love and I don't want them to go down. I'll do everything I can to stop that," Shearer told BBC Sport.

"It's a tough, tough situation that the club is in. I believe I can help the club. There is a nucleus of good players that can get the club out of trouble.

"There are very, very good players that are just lacking in confidence.

"We are going to need every ounce of effort from the players and the supporters. The supporters are well renowned and I know they won't let us down.

"I'm looking no further than the eight game spell. Joe Kinnear is in charge. He is recovering well and we wish him well but I am here for eight games only."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7975700.stm

There'll be hell on Tyneside if Shearer is removed and Kinnear re-installed as manager.

Can't see that happening, regardless of where we finish.

The regime deserve praise for what has happened in the last 24 hours or so, but they all deserve severe criticism for the timing of it. Either way, I'm personally a fair bit more optimistic than I was a day or so ago. I still think we'll do well to stay up but I'm no longer resigned to it.

Listen to the interview, it's slightly different from the written quotes. He said he's not looking forward further than these next 8 games.

He's cleary got Mr PC hat on. At the end of the day, Kinnear hasn't signed the contract yet so they're in the same boat, both their contracts end at the end of the season.