Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Jesus christ if they f*** this up and lose Shearer that's really the end for this club.

Like we're talking about f***ing Mourinho here :lol:

It's not a matter of Shearer's ability. The fallout if Ashley manages to alienate not just one but TWO legends will be unbelievable. He'll shit his pants and try to sell again, fail, and we're headed to a nice mid-table finish in the Championship.

agreed, but more importantly, if he doesn't get shearer it will mean a/ he hasn't agreed to his demands which puts our club in a poorer position overall and b/ he'd probably go out and appoint someone ridiculously shite like kinnear.

Some people have expressed worries about Shearer being a rookie manager. Well Barcelona put their trust in a rookie manager in Guardiola. In a similar way to how Guardiola knows Barcelona having played for them Shearer knows Newcastle. Maybe having someone who knows the club will work out for us.

Another day of talks at Newcastle United's training ground concluded without Alan Shearer signing a four-year contract as the club's manager, but there is quiet optimism that a deal will be concluded by the end of the week. Shearer will not sign a contract until his lawyers have pored over the nuances of every piece of small print and there is consequently nothing un­usual in his taking days rather than hours to reach agreement with Mike ­Ashley, Newcastle's owner.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/27/alan-shearer-newcastle-united-contract-negotiations

Good. Sounds positive to me.

Another day of talks at Newcastle United's training ground concluded without Alan Shearer signing a four-year contract as the club's manager, but there is quiet optimism that a deal will be concluded by the end of the week. Shearer will not sign a contract until his lawyers have pored over the nuances of every piece of small print and there is consequently nothing un­usual in his taking days rather than hours to reach agreement with Mike ­Ashley, Newcastle's owner.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/27/alan-shearer-newcastle-united-contract-negotiations

Actually reading the god damn fine print has been a skill woefully absent for most in this club for a while now.

Sounds like a good idea that.  Being clear on the terms of a job before you sign on the dotted line.  Because if a manager signed a contract without negotiating, clarifying and agreeing to his exact responsibilities before hand then it might result in a dispute that could damage the club and derail an entire season. 

If i was Shearer,  multi millionaire and love the club i would be offering to take the job for free,  providing they back me and say i'll take a bonus and when i take us up and the club is back in the premier league you can pay me then.

I would also be saying the same thing if i was in Stevie Taylor's shoes,  i'd go to the club and say you can keep my salary for the season, i'll take my bonus's(might haggle for a better bonus mind!).

Sounds like a good idea that.  Being clear on the terms of a job before you sign on the dotted line.  Because if a manager signed a contract without negotiating, clarifying and agreeing to his exact responsibilities before hand then it might result in a dispute that could damage the club and derail an entire season. 

Well, heaven forbid that should ever happen.

Some people have expressed worries about Shearer being a rookie manager. Well Barcelona put their trust in a rookie manager in Guardiola. In a similar way to how Guardiola knows Barcelona having played for them Shearer knows Newcastle. Maybe having someone who knows the club will work out for us.

This. Whilst Barca already had the great team, Guardiola made them play for the club like they hadn't before. I think Shearer could do the same for us.

Actually reading the god damn fine print has been a skill woefully absent for most in this club for a while now.

It's a shame that a Chairman and his manager have so little trust in each other that they they have to have the fine print checked out by lawyers in the first place. Especially since there's rumours that the shambles of a playing squad assembled doesn't even have a standard relegation clause inserted in the majority of the contracts.

Guest toonlass

This is starting to feel like last week. Tense and nervous, desperate to know what the outcome will be.

Of course he is staying.

At end of the Villa game can just sense he wants to do the job and MA and DL know how important he is for them, they will bend over backwards to sign him up.

Of course he is staying.

At end of the Villa game can just sense he wants to do the job and MA and DL know how important he is for them, they will bend over backwards to sign him up.

You would think wouldn't you. Shame it doesn't appear to happen like that any more.

Guest labrowski

I'm giving it till the end of tomorrow for an announcement. If there's still nothing, I may start to worry!

Guest toonlass

Of course he is staying.

Nothing is that simple with Ashley and Llambias in the driving seats.

Rememebr the KK talks when he walked out after the transfer window, i'm getting the feeling that Shearer is experiencing the same problems, issues and pig headed stupidness KK came up against.

Try you best but you just cant expline things to some people, especially a pair of Knackers who have shown they know sweet fuck all about running a professional football club.

What on earth is taking them so long?!

They were in talks for something like 8 hours yesterday. Surely that's enough time to come to an agreement or even take a big step closer. It's not like Ashley has to sort out compensation etc.

Please Alan, stay with us!

What on earth is taking them so long?!

They were in talks for something like 8 hours yesterday. Surely that's enough time to come to an agreement or even take a big step closer. It's not like Ashley has to sort out compensation etc.

Please Alan, stay with us!

The same happended when KK got fucked off with them man, Shearer is dealing with a bunch of knackers

Rememebr the KK talks when he walked out after the transfer window, i'm getting the feeling that Shearer is experiencing the same problems, issues and pig headed stupidness KK came up against.

Try you best but you just cant expline things to some people, especially a pair of Knackers who have shown they know sweet fuck all about running a professional football club.

No offence, but you just made that all up didn't you? We have no idea what is happening, for all we know the club could be just working out the details of Shearer's deal/demands.

This is a big decision, it's only been a couple of days, give them a chance FFS.

Try you best but you just cant expline things to some people, especially a pair of Knackers who have shown they know sweet f*** all about running a professional football club.

No offence, but you just made that all up didn't you? We have no idea what is happening, for all we know the club could be just working out the details of Shearer's deal/demands.

This is a big decision, it's only been a couple of days, give them a chance FFS.

No offence, but mind your neb.

I'm saying what I think is happening going off past preformances by the GOONS in charge.

Sorry but they DO have previous.