Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest Chubby Jason

Do we even consider "What next" if they can't reach an agreement?

Come on man, you know that Ashley doesn't waste his time with that kind of bullshit.

Can't say i've followed any footballing news with any great interest since the last day of the season... but why the fuck are we into the third day of talks? Surely it should have been the quickest set of talks ever, if the owners have got any sense (lol).

Shearer: I want this.

Owners: OK, here's a four-year deal.

:no:

Can't say i've followed any footballing news with any great interest since the last day of the season... but why the f*** are we into the third day of talks? Surely it should have been the quickest set of talks ever, if the owners have got any sense (lol).

Shearer: I want this.

Owners: OK, here's a four-year deal.

:no:

Probably because Shearer's prepared to negotiate, etc.

A lesser man would have probably spat his dummy out after the first set of talks and went on a Spanish golfing trip. ;)

Shearer probably can't trust Ashley and co as far as he can throw them. The delay is probably Shearer negotiating terms etc to make sure he doesn't end up like Keegan last year, while also making sure he gets enough support to make the task of promotion actually possible.

Guest BooBoo

Purely a guess but i'd wager its down to how much money Shearer is asking for to spend in the market.

My guess is that Ashley will give it all "you're getting nothing other than what you can make through sales."

Maybe Shearer is asking for a bit too much? I know we all want him to have total control, but we don't know how much he's demanding. Maybe more than is even reasonable for Ashley to give.

What does that even mean? He wants Ashley's helicopter? Wants to shag his wife every fortnight?

A manager only wants total control over team affairs. And as a board if you can't give that, you shouldn't be in the business.

Purely a guess but i'd wager its down to how much money Shearer is asking for to spend in the market.

My guess is that Ashley will give it all "you're getting nothing other than what you can make through sales."

So no change at all then?

Maybe Shearer is asking for a bit too much? I know we all want him to have total control, but we don't know how much he's demanding. Maybe more than is even reasonable for Ashley to give.

What does that even mean? He wants Ashley's helicopter? Wants to shag his wife every fortnight?

A manager only wants total control over team affairs. And as a board if you can't give that, you shouldn't be in the business.

Absofuckinglutely.

I mean in terms of transfer budget, maybe Shearer is asking for a lot more than Fat Mike can afford. I'm not disputing that Shearer should have complete control over all footballing matters.

Guest fading star

I mean in terms of transfer budget, maybe Shearer is asking for a lot more than Fat Mike can afford. I'm not disputing that Shearer should have complete control over all footballing matters.

Possibly, though you have to think about it from Shearer’s point of view. If he takes over and fails that’ll probably be it for his managerial ambitions, and if he isn’t given a decent transfer budget fail is what he’ll do.

Cutting the wage bill by 650k a week whilst building a promotion challenging team on a shoestring - it’s a challenge the best managers around would struggle with.

We need at least five new players of genuine quality, that’ll easily cost £20m.

is anyone getting the feeling that the longer this drags on the more it is likely to turn out the way it did when we eneterd a couple of days of talks to keep keegan ?

v two days of this v

a) AS :I need to know how much can i spend on buying players.

b) MA : Ill let you know next transfer window.

c) return to a.

its stuck here ^^^^