Shearer, Llambias and Dowie press conference

Skirge

Shearer hasn't even got all his badges so he can't exactly say "I'll be here forever" because well, he can't be without the badges. Southgate and Roeder got away with it because of circumstances (England nicked McClaren, Roeder was seriously ill)

Guest Heneage

If Shearer feels he has done well in the next 8 games, there's no doubt he'll want to stop on for as long as he feels he's still doing the job well.

If we stay up but only by a whisker, then maybe he'll look at the situation and think perhaps I'm not cut out for management.

I wouldn't even say its going to be Shearer, but I can't see JFK's family allowing him back. I still have visions of him dying on the touchline.

Shearer hasn't even got all his badges so he can't exactly say "I'll be here forever" because well, he can't be without the badges. Southgate and Roeder got away with it because of circumstances (England nicked McClaren, Roeder was seriously ill)

Shearer is qualified enough.

he can do a short course in the summer to get his badges or get a 2 year dispensation which is what Ince did iirc.

Doesnt he have that UEFA Pro licence missing ,though?

I don't know. All I know is that he's qualified to stay on the job, according to someone that said it yeasterday. (don't remember who and where)

He's working on that, he's got the other 2.

I don't know. All I know is that he's qualified to stay on the job, according to someone that said it yeasterday. (don't remember who and where)

The LMA chief, I think.

He did seem pretty cagey about anything regarding next season.

"I hope to be in the stadium next season watching Newcastle as a Premier League football club"

Some carefully chosen words.

He said sitting in the stands watching Newcastle....don't some managers sit in the stands?

"I hope to be in the stadium next season watching Newcastle as a Premier League football club"

He said sitting in the stands watching Newcastle....don't some managers sit in the stands?

Someone has already pointed out my mistake thank you  :shifty:

Someone has already pointed out my mistake thank you  :shifty:

You're welcome...i apologise for being impetuous!! :dowie:

What I got out of that is the very real message of "All that matters is the next 8 games and making sure Newcastle United stay in the Premiership".

Why talk about the future when we don't know what league we'll be in or if Shearer's done a good job or not?

Shearer and Dowie spoke well. Very impressed. Obviously less impressed with Llambais who doesnt even have the balls to answer questions from the floor. Says it all.