Newcastle United 0 - 2 Chelsea - 04/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 14

Nate

Full Time

Disappointing, but not unexpected. We just couldn't respond when Chelsea upped it. Shearer has some tough calls to make in the next week - needs to drop Colicinni and also try to get some creativity in the middle of the park.

On the plus side - Whitley Bay have made it through to the Vase final.

Are people honestly blaming Coloccini for that late chance? :lol:  Unreal, he's been s*** lately no doubt, but apparently now he's a scapegoat for everything.  I suppose he was at fault for the second as well?

He played Malouda onside

The amount of times he screws up the defensive lime is staggering for a defender of his supposed "intelligence"

Guest LucaAltieri

Hope Al tears them up in the changing room.

The first half they were disciplined, sticking to a game plan, kept it tight...

The second half they played without any direction, just going through the motions like they have for the last 6 months.

They need drilling.

Too little too late

Kinnear should never have been given the job in the first place, and this is all Ashleys fault.

Other teams in the shit are winning, we keep losing - and getting the odd draw.

The damage Kinnear and his incompetent staff have done is incalculable.

Yet Ashley wants to bring him back ?

R.I.P NUFC

Poor Al - expected to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Actually, the only reason we're still in with a chance of staying up is because other teams in the shit keep losing.

Full Time

Disappointing, but not unexpected. We just couldn't respond when Chelsea upped it. Shearer has some tough calls to make in the next week - needs to drop Colicinni and also try to get some creativity in the middle of the park.

This.

Agreed that we had no chance with this game, Chelsea should have taken chances long before we shot ourselves in the foot.

Hopefully Shearer will realise Ryan Failure and Colo the Clown aren't up to it, and we'll somehow beat Stoke.

Too little too late

Kinnear should never have been given the job in the first place, and this is all Ashleys fault.

Other teams in the s*** are winning, we keep losing - and getting the odd draw.

The damage Kinnear and his incompetent staff have done is incalculable.

Yet Ashley wants to bring him back ?

R.I.P NUFC

Poor Al - expected to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Agree with this. People are ready to say if we go down Shearer can use this as an excuse but it's not an excuse, it's the truth. Kinnear his clowns have been given too long to sort this out and Shearer should have been approached when Kinnear took ill, rather than with 8 games to go and cause a huge panic.

Are people honestly blaming Coloccini for that late chance? :lol:  Unreal, he's been s*** lately no doubt, but apparently now he's a scapegoat for everything.  I suppose he was at fault for the second as well?

He played Malouda onside

The amount of times he screws up the defensive lime is staggering for a defender of his supposed "intelligence"

Enrique let him run when he was supposed to be marking him, but Enrique's too much of a favourite for criticism so put it all on Coloccini, seems to be the trend.  Enrique's one of my favourite player as well, but I'm not going to ignore any mistakes he makes.

Guest sittingontheball

Well done Whitley! I saw Whickham win it at Wembley in 1981.

As for the Toon, gutted to see the goals given away again so easily.

Pity they didn't give us the one over the line just for a morale boost.

Harps MoM.

He played Malouda onside

Enrique let him run when he was supposed to be marking him, but Enrique's too much of a favourite for criticism so put it all on Coloccini, seems to be the trend.  Enrique's one of my favourite player as well, but I'm not going to ignore any mistakes he makes.

Who are we going to play instead of Enrique?

Guest Phil K

Hope Al tears them up in the changing room.

The first half they were disciplined, sticking to a game plan, kept it tight...

The second half they played without any direction, just going through the motions like they have for the last 6 months.

They need drilling.

Yeah - a black & decker through the forehead

2nd half falling to bits ?

Been doing that all season

Its called gutlessness - or laziness, or just basic lack of ability

Full Time

This.

Agreed that we had no chance with this game, Chelsea should have taken chances long before we shot ourselves in the foot.

Hopefully Shearer will realise Ryan Failure and Colo the Clown aren't up to it, and we'll somehow beat Stoke.

why are you practically slitting your wrists then? if you clearly expected it?

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about the fact that Enrique was the one really at fault for that chance.

Dissappointed with the 2nd half, don't care about who the opposition was.

After going 2-0 down, we just didn't give a shit. Harper had the ball and was trying to throw/kick it out and everyone was just strolling up with their backs to him. Fucking dire attitudes.

He played Malouda onside

Who are we going to play instead of Enrique?

What?  :mackems: :idiot2: