Newcastle United 0 - 2 Chelsea - 04/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 14

Nate

It seems we pick up an injury every game. Hopefully Lovenkrands will be ok.

According to the commentators on the Telly, he was taken away by an ambulance so it sounds quite serious.

Think he could've mashed a few ribs perhaps.

Well looke like it he was having difficulties breathing.

need a win at stoke, and with the macks at home to manure, we'd be out of the bottom 3

Only if we win 2:0 and Sunderland get beaten 2:0 (or 1:0/3:0), currently they have a better goal difference then us.

need a win at stoke, and with the macks at home to manure, we'd be out of the bottom 3

Only if we win 2:0 and Sunderland get beaten 2:0 (or 1:0/3:0), currently they have a better goal difference then us.

I think there's quite a few more results that would see us above them than those two combinations :pow:

Man U will win there easily IMO. Hopefully a goal fest.

Guest battyleespeed

Too many f***** passengers in the team. Ryan Taylor is way out of his depth and regularly costs a goal per game. I think Martins has been exposed for what he is...talented street footballer from Nigeria but without any real footballing education. Not the type of player that can be relied on in a tight spot. Coloccini... his playing style is just not hard enough for PL. He'll do fine in other leagues but in PL he's just too weak and does not sacrifice himself in 50/50 situations. Look at the first goal... why the hell he did not open up his body and slide in with full force but instead stood up and tried to nick away the ball. That's just weak. Harper... sorry for him but he does play like a keeper who has been warming the bench for last decade or so. He'd probably be allright after season or two of regular playing but its little late to gain match fitness and experience. Somebody needs to coach him not to come out from his line so eagerly. No real need to come out when the player is breaking through at wide area. Just stay on the line and let the defenders cover the situation.

Owen 17m

Coloccini 10m

Martins 10m

37m spent on three players that are contributing jack all. Awful investing is what is costing the team right now.

Too many f***** passengers in the team. Ryan Taylor is way out of his depth and regularly costs a goal per game. I think Martins has been exposed for what he is...talented street footballer from Nigeria but without any real footballing education. Not the type of player that can be relied on in a tight spot. Coloccini... his playing style is just not hard enough for PL. He'll do fine in other leagues but in PL he's just too weak and does not sacrifice himself in 50/50 situations. Look at the first goal... why the hell he did not open up his body and slide in with full force but instead stood up and tried to nick away the ball. That's just weak. Harper... sorry for him but he does play like a keeper who has been warming the bench for last decade or so. He'd probably be allright after season or two of regular playing but its little late to gain match fitness and experience. Somebody needs to coach him not to come out from his line so eagerly. No real need to come out when the player is breaking through at wide area. Just stay on the line and let the defenders cover the situation.

Owen 17m

Coloccini 10m

Martins 10m

37m spent on three players that are contributing jack all. Awful investing is what is costing the team right now.

Wtf? :lol:

You must have broken your knee caps there

I'm not really that bothered. It's like KK at Bolton last year, Shearer was never going to get the result that he wanted in his first match.

It's all about Stoke and Spurs at the moment. Hope we can scrape 3 or 4 points from those.

Owen 17m

Coloccini 10m

Martins 10m

From the outside that isn't a particularly unfair assessment. Emotional because it comes after a defeat, but I'm not sure how the '37m for players who are contributing jack all' can be strongly argued against. They're not producing.

Then again, most aren't.

Well looke like it he was having difficulties breathing.

Punctured or bruised lung, maybe? If he broke his ribs, odds are that would cause damage to the lungs as well somehow. Hope he recovers well anyway.

We need to play Barton and Guthrie in the centre as soon as both are anywhere near fitness

Butt and Nolan man, it's like begging for the championship

Absolutely! does anyone know when Barton will be back?.

We need to play Barton and Guthrie in the centre as soon as both are anywhere near fitness

11th April according to Physio Room.

Owen 17m

Coloccini 10m

Martins 10m

From the outside that isn't a particularly unfair assessment. Emotional because it comes after a defeat, but I'm not sure how the '37m for players who are contributing jack all' can be strongly argued against. They're not producing.

Then again, most aren't.

I stopped reading when I read "Martins is a talented street footballer" <_<

The player assessments are fair, but the transfer fees weren't decided by the players and we didn't buy them all in a single season.

Guest battyleespeed

Owen 17m

Coloccini 10m

Martins 10m

Then again, most aren't.

The player assessments are fair, but the transfer fees weren't decided by the players and we didn't buy them all in a single season.

"Born in Lagos, Martins joined the local football club F.C. Ebedei at the age of 14, having been scouted by manager Churchill Oliseh while playing on the streets of his hometown."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obafemi_Martins

At age of 14? Most professional players have been in clubs for seven or eight years by then. Probably the "F.C. Ebedei" wasn't much better from street football either.

Inter must have laughed all the way to the bank and considering they replaced the guy with Crespo and Ibrahimović at least their management and player recruitment was up to the task.

any ideas when is barton coming back? Him and Guthrie at CM for me.

11th April according to Physio Room.

Owen 17m

Coloccini 10m

Martins 10m

Then again, most aren't.

"Born in Lagos, Martins joined the local football club F.C. Ebedei at the age of 14, having been scouted by manager Churchill Oliseh while playing on the streets of his hometown."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obafemi_Martins

At age of 14? Most professional players have been in clubs for seven or eight years by then. Probably the "F.C. Ebedei" wasn't much better from street football either.

Inter must have laughed all the way to the bank and considering they replaced the guy with Crespo and Ibrahimović at least their management and player recruitment was up to the task.

...  I don't think the "majority" of professional players begun their careers when they were only 6-7 years old, especially if they're from Africa.

I don't need to explain why we need Martins, do I?

You're right about the recruitment team not being up to the task though.