Newcastle United 0 - 2 Chelsea - 04/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 14

Nate

yeah, but hes just done a great team talk for the stoke boss, by laughing at the fact that we dont play Chelsea next week.

yeah...I'm sure the stoke players and manager are so deluded that they think they're as good as chelsea. :lol:

yeah, laugh it up, youll be needing a sense of humour in the championship.

they're as good as chelsea then, are they? :lol:

who said they were, laughing boy.

well then, what's your problem with what he said?

we know how it works, if you take the easier opposition line, it often, backfires, as it ups thier game,

but you just believe what you want, and stick a smiley on the end.... but do me a favour, if we get relegated,.. post the final table , with a smiley at the end.

I wasn't laughing at our situation, I wasn't laughing at Shearer and I wasn't laughing at Stoke.  I was laughing at you.

I make a valid point you still think its a good time in the current situation, to resort to laughing smilies.

get on with it................

you must live a sad life, mate.

yeah, but hes just done a great team talk for the stoke boss, by laughing at the fact that we dont play Chelsea next week.

yeah...I'm sure the stoke players and manager are so deluded that they think they're as good as chelsea. :lol:

we know how it works, if you take the easier opposition line, it often, backfires, as it ups thier game,

but you just believe what you want, and stick a smiley on the end.... but do me a favour, if we get relegated,.. post the final table , with a smiley at the end.

I wasn't laughing at our situation, I wasn't laughing at Shearer and I wasn't laughing at Stoke.  I was laughing at you.

I make a valid point you still think its a good time in the current situation, to resort to laughing smilies.

only when i read your posts.

Why don't you take it to PM if you want to be petty?

Not just you but both

Guest The Libertine

and if he says "stoke are class, they'll be fucking solid to beat m8" stoke will up also up their game accordingly. ,.

Not just you but both

Im not being petty,,,,,,,,,,,,

he started it.

Not just you but both

Im not being petty,,,,,,,,,,,,

he started it.

:lol:

Right then I never really thought that we would get anything today but I was hoping that maybe the awesome atmosphere would spur them on into a really gutsy performance, how fkn wrong was I? no atmosphere and no gutsy performace.

Colo can fk off, way to slow for this league physically and mentally, he has played enough games to know you cannot ouss about on the ball.

Why on earth was our right back taking corners over on our left? it would be impossible for him to be further out of position, once we lost the ball there was so much space to exploit putting our CB's under more pressure, a crazy situation indeed.

Oba had a poor game and we need him to stop being so fkn huffy when subbed, enough of this fkn off doon the tunnel, we need him to be giving his all chasing everything down. Gelt a little sorry for him as Owen was so deep it was like Obas was a lone striker, no one near him so he was just getting crowded out and their CB's had no others to worry about.

Now when you get a free kick if the oposeing players kick the ball away its a booking, so why on fkn earth can Terry pick the ball up and run away with it time after time after time? Horrible cheating cunt.

Like they say though when its going against you its going to do it every way possiblem you score the vall is way over the line and its not given, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....  Its early days though and I am sure all will have a possitive effect, mistakes will be punished thats for sure.

Still wonder why the hell Duff passed the ball abck to Coloccini in the first place, no reason at all for that, he could have just knocked it forward instead of passing it back to a player that was surrounded by like 4-5 Chelsea players

Yeah. Definitely Coloccini was put into a position to fail. Still should have handled it though.

Still wonder why the hell Duff passed the ball abck to Coloccini in the first place, no reason at all for that, he could have just knocked it forward instead of passing it back to a player that was surrounded by like 4-5 Chelsea players

I've never seen a squad do it as much as us. And that includes lower league clubs.  Any bit of pressure and they turn it back to the keeper or back down to the CBs. It kills me everytime.

Guest Phil K

First time in 20 something years that we've lost three consecutive matches at St James' according the commentator on my tv today. What happened to that fortress of ours?

We used to have players who gave a toss then

Can we put to bed the myth that Martins is a good Premiership player now? He's a one trick pony, said trick being able to rip the back of the net out every half a dozen games with a thunder bolt. We need more than that from him but his lack of a first touch, a footballing brain or the ability to finish means he's never going to be the 15-20 goal a season striker we need him to be. I know he's the darling of some of our fans because he's a bit quirky and seemingly gives his all but he's not good enough. We should've sold him to Arsenal when we had the chance.

I'm sharp running out of patience with Colo too. When he came he looked decent but he makes glaring error after glaring error. Even more irritating is that he was a brilliant little player in Spain but he can replicate his form here. I hope Shearer gets on the pitch and roughs him up a bit because at the minute he couldn't take an elbow off Alison Lapper never mind a Premiership striker. I never thought i'd say this but Saylor is a better option in the middle at this moment in time.

Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan are fucking atrocious footballers. Watching those two saunter around the pitch makes me feel throughly ripped off. I'd rather have a huffy N'Zogbia than those two any day of the week.

Stoke is crucial. A win would be nice but we need at least a draw and to put in a decent performance otherwise we're going to struggle to stay in touch with the Mackems.

Can we put to bed the myth that Martins is a good Premiership player now? He's a one trick pony, said trick being able to rip the back of the net out every half a dozen games with a thunder bolt. We need more than that from him but his lack of a first touch, a footballing brain or the ability to finish means he's never going to be the 15-20 goal a season striker we need him to be. I know he's the darling of some of our fans because he's a bit quirky and seemingly gives his all but he's not good enough. We should've sold him to Arsenal when we had the chance.

I'm sharp running out of patience with Colo too. When he came he looked decent but he makes glaring error after glaring error. Even more irritating is that he was a brilliant little player in Spain but he can replicate his form here. I hope Shearer gets on the pitch and roughs him up a bit because at the minute he couldn't take an elbow off Alison Lapper never mind a Premiership striker. I never thought i'd say this but Saylor is a better option in the middle at this moment in time.

Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan are f***ing atrocious footballers. Watching those two saunter around the pitch makes me feel throughly ripped off. I'd rather have a huffy N'Zogbia than those two any day of the week.

Stoke is crucial. A win would be nice but we need at least a draw and to put in a decent performance otherwise we're going to struggle to stay in touch with the Mackems.

I actually agree with that. I love Oba but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with his inconsistency. The lads got a fantastic pair of springs in his legs, blistering pace, two good feet, a thunderbolt of a shot and a good header. So, those said ingredients are a fantastic combination to have a top class striker- but the more I see Martins play, the less I think he is, or will be a top class striker. Like, how many times have we seen Oba use his pace to get in behind defenders and set himself through on goal? Not near enough. Some might argue that we dont give him good enough service but I'd disagree. If he had a real football brain then he'd do this more often and he'd be unstoppable!

Now, he can come up with those moments of glory when your least expecting it and win you the game but those moments are few and far between.

I'm not going to go into a big fuck off rant about the lad now, I'll do that some other time, but I do agree with David Icke.

Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan are f***ing atrocious footballers. Watching those two saunter around the pitch makes me feel throughly ripped off. I'd rather have a huffy N'Zogbia than those two any day of the week.

I actually agree with that. I love Oba but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with his inconsistency. The lads got a fantastic pair of springs in his legs, blistering pace, two good feet, a thunderbolt of a shot and a good header. So, those said ingredients are a fantastic combination to have a top class striker- but the more I see Martins play, the less I think he is, or will be a top class striker. Like, how many times have we seen Oba use his pace to get in behind defenders and set himself through on goal? Not near enough. Some might argue that we dont give him good enough service but I'd disagree. If he had a real football brain then he'd do this more often and he'd be unstoppable!

Now, he can come up with those moments of glory when your least expecting it and win you the game but those moments are few and far between.

I'm not going to go into a big fuck off rant about the lad now, I'll do that some other time, but I do agree with David Icke.

Aye. Wholeheartedly agree, just check my recent posts in "So... Martins then?".

The moment this season which summed Martins up for me was against WBA or Villa (can't remember which) when the ball was lumped over the top and Ameobi actually won the header quite easily. It was plain for all to see where Ameobi was going to flick it and Martins set off in the completely wrong direction. You can't do that if you're an apparently 'good player', you just can't.

We need to get some things in context here; nobody expected us to get points today, next week and the remaining 3 home games will determine our fate. Blackburn winning like they did was a pisser but they' be safe anyway. The other results were ok.

Not that it would have made any difference but from where I was sitting (close to the linesman) it was a clear goal. I haven't read if it was, but I was out of my seat celebrating; not in hope but in absolute belief that it was in. We've had  a shit load of bad linesman    at the Gallowgate end this season.

Butt & Nolan can't start together again. Guthrie needs to come in.

I'm sure Al learned a lot today. I don't think Stoke will beat us.

Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan are fucking atrocious footballers. Watching those two saunter around the pitch makes me feel throughly ripped off. I'd rather have a huffy N'Zogbia than those two any day of the week.

Been saying this from the first day I saw them in our colours (hence the sig). Guthrie is a nothing player, but compared to those two he's like Lionel Messi.