Newcastle United 0 - 2 Chelsea - 04/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 14

Nate

Guest michaelfoster

Harper - 6 Some good saves but cant catch a cold and his kicking was woeful

Enrique - 6.5 Did ok defensively aaprt from being out of position for 1st goal & his passing needs work

Beye - 7 Solid

Coloccini - 5 Played ok until he made a crucial error for 1st goal

R.Taylor - 4 Cant pass, cant cross, cant tackle

Lovenkrands - 6 Was playing quite well but looks like he's broken his ribs, hope he's ok

Butt - 5 Learn to tackle and stop conceding stupid fouls ffs

Nolan - 5.5 Better than Butt but wasnt spectacular

Jonas - 6.5 Good running & worked hard but poor crossing

Owen - 6 Best he's played in a while, looked interested for once

Martins - 5 Marked out of the game really, not his best game

Duff - 6 Ran around alot and looked interested but crossing was poor

Carroll - n/a

Alan Shearer - 6 Team selection was fair enough with Bassong & Taylor injured, should of brought on 2nd sub earlier though IMO and not wait till the last 10 mins

What did Al have to say? Summarise please. :)

- Lads gave their all

- We have to step up in quality, but don't have to worry because not playing Chelsea every week

- We contained Chelsea in the first half without really having a go at them ourselves

- Linesman made mistake, but we all make them

- We were punished by two defensive mistakes today

- Reluctant to open up play, because Chelsea would have punished us more

- Nobody is to blame, the dressing room will remain united

- Enjoyed being on touchline, putting on a brave face because of result, would have enjoyed it alot more with result

Lads did give it a decent try, but no quality in any department to trouble teams.

Gonna be close is this, but if the unwashed get dragged into the bottom 3 next weekend then i'll think we'll stay up

Guest Heneage

What did Al have to say? Summarise please. :)

He was very dignified as well. On a day where he could have easily be-moaned some poor refereeing our way for the penalties and Owen goal he actually criticsed the lads mistakes. Whether he is still fresh to it and will be more critical in time, I don't know but he is clearly media trained.

Guest Heneage

First time in 20 something years that we've lost three consecutive matches at St James' according the commentator on my tv today. What happened to that fortress of ours?

Weren't our last three home games Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd?

First time in 20 something years that we've lost three consecutive matches at St James' according the commentator on my tv today. What happened to that fortress of ours?

We're fucking shit and we don't often play Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea at home in a row.

yeah, but hes just done a great team talk for the stoke boss, by laughing at the fact that we dont play Chelsea next week.

yeah...I'm sure the stoke players and manager are so deluded that they think they're as good as chelsea. :lol:

yeah, laugh it up, youll be needing a sense of humour in the championship.

yeah, but hes just done a great team talk for the stoke boss, by laughing at the fact that we dont play Chelsea next week.

yeah...I'm sure the stoke players and manager are so deluded that they think they're as good as chelsea. :lol:

they're as good as chelsea then, are they? :lol:

who said they were, laughing boy.

well then, what's your problem with what he said?

Didn't think the performance was all that bad really. Thought Michael and Oba did pretty well when given the opportunity. Seen there's been quite a bit of vitriol toward the two of them, which honestly has surprised me. Neither was one of our main problems and both managed to threaten Chelsea's defence a few times. Thought the midfield 4 put in a good shift against a vastly superior group of players. I think Guthrie really has potential to be a class player if we can keep him around. The defensive performance is typical of the way the defence has performed all season. They were doing a good job, and doing fairly easily as well. Really keeping Chelsea at bay. Then, one error, and it all goes to hell. Something is seriously wrong with Coloccini mentally. He has talent, but his confidence is shattered. You could tell this by how much worse he played AFTER his initial error. That whole Boumsong syndrome seems to affecting him, and that's not something we can afford. Really a shame we couldn't get even a point from the Man U, Arsenal, and Chelsea matches as we've been competitive in all three.

we know how it works, if you take the easier opposition line, it often, backfires, as it ups thier game,

but you just believe what you want, and stick a smiley on the end.... but do me a favour, if we get relegated,.. post the final table , with a smiley at the end.

we know how it works, if you take the easier opposition line, it often, backfires, as it ups thier game,

but you just believe what you want, and stick a smiley on the end.... but do me a favour, if we get relegated,.. post the final table , with a smiley at the end.

I wasn't laughing at our situation, I wasn't laughing at Shearer and I wasn't laughing at Stoke.  I was laughing at you.

I wasn't laughing at our situation, I wasn't laughing at Shearer and I wasn't laughing at Stoke.  I was laughing at you.

I make a valid point you still think its a good time in the current situation, to resort to laughing smilies.

get on with it................

Peter Løvenkrands is in hospital and his condition is described as 'stable'.

Shearer said,

“Peter got a very, very nasty knock on his back and he was struggling to breathe. We had to put breathing apparatus on him when he got into the dressing room.

He went to hospital and they’ve stabilised him and hopefully he will be okay.”