Stoke City Rugby Club - Newcastle United 5;30 Live on Setanta 11th April 2009.

Guest Heneage

I hope to f*** Duff doesn't play. His "performance" against in the Chelsea game was disgusting, one of the worst performances i've seen from anyone this season.

You can have your pick of Ryan Taylor, Alan Smith, or Geremi instead then.

I hope to fuck Duff doesn't play. His "performance" against in the Chelsea game was disgusting, one of the worst performances i've seen from anyone this season.

He's played left back before under Roeder. I would consider him there, he won't have to beat anyone so it should suit him very nicely.

I hope to f*** Duff doesn't play. His "performance" against in the Chelsea game was disgusting, one of the worst performances i've seen from anyone this season.

His performance doesn't warrant being elevated to the first XI

Harper

Beye

Collocini

Bassong

Edgar

Butt

Guthrie

Nolan

Owen

Oba

Carroll

Harper

Beye

Collocini

Bassong

Edgar

Butt

Guthrie

Nolan

Owen

Oba

Carroll

No Gutierrez?

Harper

Beye

Collocini

Bassong

Edgar

Butt

Guthrie

Nolan

Owen

Oba

Carroll

No Gutierrez?

Knew Id left someone out. Sack Nolan off for him.

Guest BooBoo

I am in the States right now - does anyone know any way I can get this game on TV over here?

I think we'll all be in a state come half 7 on Saturday.

Guest toonlass

I am in the States right now - does anyone know any way I can get this game on TV over here?

Where you at? My mate in Vegas is able to watch every game on the tv. I will ask him what channel its on.

Guest Darth Toon

I reckon the back 4 will be

Beye - Coloccini - Bassong - R Taylor

Colo has been struggling, but always performs better alongside Bassong, and has Beye back to help cover on that side - don't underestimate the importance of wor Habib's organising and tackling back.

Personally I would like to see Guthrie in centre mid, but Nolan might get the nod for the extra physical presence - think we'll start with Owen and Martins up front, Duff and Gutierrez out wide, and throw Carroll on to mix it up if needed....

simmed this game on FIFA 09.

Nolan scores a brilliant header off a Taylor corner.

Ranger comes on for Carroll on the 78th minute and hits in a jammy deflection that comes off Faye (:lol:) with the last kick of the game.

Toon 2-0 Stoke :thup:

simmed this game on FIFA 09.

Nolan scores a brilliant header off a Taylor corner.

Ranger comes on for Carroll on the 78th minute and hits in a jammy deflection that comes off Faye (:lol:) with the last kick of the game.

Toon 2-0 Stoke :thup:

That is fantastic news. I'm shitting my pants about this one (not least about spending some time in stoke) but this has really reassured me.

Al:

“We’ve got one left-back and one right-back at the football club. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that you need more than that,” he said.

“For whatever reason, that’s what we’ve got, so we deal with it. We’ll cope with it. Damien Duff is an option, yes. The last time I looked, Ryan Taylor is right-footed, but he can play there.

“He’s done that before. We’ve got one or two options.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/04/10/shearer-could-turn-to-damien-duff-at-left-back-61634-23356663/

Like what he says about slotting balls through the defence for Oba & Owen to run onto, thats exactly what we've been missing. All long ball football & no through balls atall. Goes inline with what he said about playes taking risks in the right areas.

Hopefully theyve been working on that in training.

Still think Beye & Bassong as centre backs each marking either fuller or Beatie is the best option. Both class defenders that will be able to keep track of them.

Fuller took the piss out of colo in the last game...he cant handle it.

Get r taylor as right back, beye & bassong in the middle & duff/edgar in left back.

Id have 4-3-3 So Geremi/Guthrie would be over on that side. Get Carroll upfront so their big lads have someone harder to deal with & hopefully that'll leave space for Owen & Martins. Get guthrie slottin in through balls to them and it should be happy days. Like i say, last game we exposed their defence rather easily with some nice passing.

after watching carrol in the reserves i'd be surprised if we didnt see him and owen start, dont know what to think about this match to be honest, is it too soon for al to have lifted them? especially with our injury troubles, i'm worried.

duff/edgar in left back 

:frantic:

Either that or use R taylor left back & drop Geremi into right back. Every combinations going to create a weak link at some point tbh. Think our best chance at keeping a clean sheet is just marking Beattie/fuller out of the game though. Bassong and beye are both capable of that. Unless you drop Bassong into left back in the hope that he sweeps up behind Colo if he needs to. Still dangerous though.

Sadly I can see it being:

-------------------------------Harper---------------------------------

Beye--------------Taylor-------------Coloccini-----------Bassong

Taylor----------------Butt--------------Nolan----------------Jonas

---------------------Martins-------------Owen----------------------

James Taylor?

Phil "the power" Taylor

Liz Taylor?

Maybe we can get her on the pitch to proposition one or two of the Stoke lads  :crazy2: