I love Sir Bobby Robson, but...

KaKa

Guest firetotheworks

Isn't he referring to the Duff from that era though, rather than the Duff of now?

Anything else doesn't make sense.

I just wish Shearer had been appointed 16 months ago after Sam Allardyce was sacked. Instead, yesterday's man Keegan was appointed instead of tomorrow's man.

But better late than never. Shearer is here and I believe Newcastle v Chelsea will be a Premier League fixture next season. And what's more, Alan Shearer and Guus Hiddink will be in the dugouts!

SO true if we relegated Ashley is not the sole responisble so is Keegan and all those morn fans who claimed the old guy walked away. Keegan is a quiter he is been all his life and he left us in such dire situation. I love the article so much but I don't agree on two things Milner and Nzogbia didn't want to stay here we can not do anything if players don't want to stay here.....

:smitten:

Great article, what a legend

I just wish Shearer had been appointed 16 months ago after Sam Allardyce was sacked. Instead, yesterday's man Keegan was appointed instead of tomorrow's man.

But better late than never. Shearer is here and I believe Newcastle v Chelsea will be a Premier League fixture next season. And what's more, Alan Shearer and Guus Hiddink will be in the dugouts!

SO true if we relegated Ashley is not the sole responisble so is Keegan and all those morn fans who claimed the old guy walked away. Keegan is a quiter he is been all his life and he left us in such dire situation. I love the article so much but I don't agree on two things Milner and Nzogbia didn't want to stay here we can not do anything if players don't want to stay here.....

:smitten:

Great article, what a legend

I'm sorry we had 35 games remaining. Keegan has to take some of the blame, yes of course he does, but if you look at the events afterwards it is very minimal.

Isn't he referring to the Duff from that era though, rather than the Duff of now?

That wouldn't make sense because he says Duff and Steven Taylor who would have been too young in those days. Just goes to show everything Bobby says isn't correct. Taylor better than Bassong?

Guest firetotheworks

That wouldn't make sense because he says Duff and Steven Taylor who would have been too young in those days. Just goes to show everything Bobby says isn't correct. Taylor better than Bassong?

Taylor was pretty young, but Duff was on fire at Blackburn when we were in the top four.

Take your point about Bassong though, goes without saying.

Interesting comment.

And completely accurate.

Newcastle have had one legendary manager, and his name was Bobby Robson, not Kevin Keegan.  One man was sacked and still turned up to see the club he loves despite being seriously ill.  The other f***ed off to play golf while we were sucked into a relegation battle. 

This thread should be titled 'I Love Bobby Robson.'  No buts about it.

Who's a special little boy...

If we were dead last in the Championship with over half the season gone and no players to buy or sell do you think Robson even answers the phone to manage us?

:lol:  We got taken for a ride so Keegan could pay his Soccer Circus debts.  Sell the King Kev hats & t-shirts on eBay and move on. 

Interesting comment.

And completely accurate.

Newcastle have had one legendary manager, and his name was Bobby Robson, not Kevin Keegan.  One man was sacked and still turned up to see the club he loves despite being seriously ill.  The other f***ed off to play golf while we were sucked into a relegation battle. 

This thread should be titled 'I Love Bobby Robson.'  No buts about it.

Who's a special little boy...

If we were dead last in the Championship with over half the season gone and no players to buy or sell do you think Robson even answers the phone to manage us?

:lol:  We got taken for a ride so Keegan could pay his Soccer Circus debts.  Sell the King Kev hats & t-shirts on eBay and move on. 

Just for the record in case you don't know every business bar Soccer Circus is going tits up in Scotland, yet KK's Circus defies the recession.

Chicago...

Says a lot.

Yeah, f*** me what do I know.  Although you do have SBR calling Keegan yesterday's man as well, but he's just a mouthpiece for Ashley as well.  Poor old King Kev, misunderstood by everyone.

I see it's "flog the foreigners" day again on N-O.  :rolleyes:

Guest getalife

Bobbys team was a TEAM, and they had confidence in their own ability like no other team in this country. They also had a style of play in contrast to the present side, and players hungry to achieve things instead of being scared of the pressure at the club.

I think Bassong and Beye are the only players I'd put in Bobbys team.

-----------------Given-----------------

Beye--Bassong---Woodgate-Bernard

Solano---Speed--Dyer----Robert

----------Shearer---Bellamy-------

Bellamy, Robert and Dyer weren't teamplayers but they did fit in under a manager of Bobbys calibre.

Bellamy not a team player? Gerraway man.

On the pitch, yes, but as it proved under Souness he wasn't always putting the team infront of himself.

That's a fair point.

Not really, Souness dropped him for a crucial game against Arsenal, which we then lost. Bellamy wanted to play.

Chicago...

Says a lot.

Yeah, f*** me what do I know.  Although you do have SBR calling Keegan yesterday's man as well, but he's just a mouthpiece for Ashley as well.  Poor old King Kev, misunderstood by everyone.

I see it's "flog the foreigners" day again on N-O.  :rolleyes:

It makes me feel like a jew being chased by nazis under WW2 when they start going on spouting their shite.

Guest Howaythetoon

Chicago...

Says a lot.

Newcastle have had one legendary manager

You wouldn't be supporting the club if it wasn't not for KK man.

Sir Bobby would never have done what KK did, come to an ailing second division club on the brink of relegation and going bust and that's not me having a dig at the man, just putting things into perspective. In fact without KK there would have been no Sir Bobby. They are both legends, as is Harvey the last man who won us a trophy who you conveniently failed to mention. I can understand people still being pissed off about KK leaving but f*** me, its getting sillier and sillier to the point where its as if what he's achieved for this club (basically he saved us and paved the way for Sir Bobby and those high finishes and CL nights) didn't happen. You being a foreigner cannot possibly comprehend what KK means to the people of this club even outside of football matters so stick your shite where it belongs.

its getting sillier and sillier to the point where its as if what he's achieved for this club (basically he saved us and paved the way for Sir Bobby and those high finishes and CL nights) didn't happen. You being a foreigner cannot possibly comprehend what KK means to the people of this club even outside of football matters so stick your shite where it belongs.

He gave up all credit for those achievements when he came back and helped condemn us to lower league football again.

Im joking btw

You being a foreigner cannot possibly comprehend what KK means to the people of this club even outside of football matters so stick your shite where it belongs.

I lol'd. I lol'd hard. One of the most nonsensical statements I've ever seen on this forum, and that says a lot. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Chicago...

Says a lot.

You being a foreigner cannot possibly comprehend what KK means to the people of this club even outside of football matters so stick your s**** where it belongs.

You should hang your head in shame and embarrassment for saying that.

Guest Howaythetoon

its getting sillier and sillier to the point where its as if what he's achieved for this club (basically he saved us and paved the way for Sir Bobby and those high finishes and CL nights) didn't happen. You being a foreigner cannot possibly comprehend what KK means to the people of this club even outside of football matters so stick your s**** where it belongs.

He gave up all credit for those achievements when he came back and helped condemn us to lower league football again.

Im joking btw

Did he now. Fuck off :lol:

He saved us from relegation last season and we still had 35 games to play after he left. He is not responsible for where we are today, although he is very much responsible for our Premier League status. Surely the continuous following number of shambolic decisions from Ashley and co after KK left is proof enough that KK was working with complete and utter cretins who lack professionalism, experience, skills and the ability to run our club in any fit order. But no, KK's the villain, its all his fault and lets scratch away all he has done for this club and forget he ever existed. Again, fuck right off.

Chicago...

Says a lot.

You wouldn't be supporting the club if it wasn't not for KK man.

Sir Bobby would never have done what KK did, come to an ailing second division club on the brink of relegation and going bust and that's not me having a dig at the man, just putting things into perspective. In fact without KK there would have been no Sir Bobby. They are both legends, as is Harvey the last man who won us a trophy who you conveniently failed to mention. I can understand people still being pissed off about KK leaving but f*** me, its getting sillier and sillier to the point where its as if what he's achieved for this club (basically he saved us and paved the way for Sir Bobby and those high finishes and CL nights) didn't happen. You being a foreigner cannot possibly comprehend what KK means to the people of this club even outside of football matters so stick your shite where it belongs.

got nowt to do with being a foreigner. everything to do with being thick though. dont tarnish our overseas fans cos one of them made a laughably ignorant statement, plenty of geordies come out with  rubbish too.

got to concur with HTT to an extent, the majority of foreigners and younger members on this board demonstrate a somewhat cringeworthy understanding of Keegan and what he means to the area and the club

Guest Heneage

got to concur with HTT to an extent, the majority of foreigners and younger members on this board demonstrate a somewhat cringeworthy understanding of Keegan and what he means to the area and the club

Aren't you yourself like 18?

Guest firetotheworks

So do a lot of people who were born and raised in Newcastle.

We should know better than saying things like that. Especially in our shared misrepresentation in the media.

'foreigners and younger members demonstrate a somewhat cringeworthy understanding of Keegan...'

=

Newcastle fans demand success, Newcastle fans would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0 etc etc.