I love Sir Bobby Robson, but...

KaKa

I think Sir Bobby might be going on past glories ? The rest of our team haven't really achieved much I know Taylor is of that ilk but still. Looking at his team, my Dad maintains we should never have let go off Gary Speed and that he should he have been first name on Shearers list of coaches.

Speed is employed at Sheffield Utd at the moment so no point in getting him in for 8 games.  If Shearer is here next season, that would be the time to go for him.

The fact 'tomorrows'man, Shearer, should have been appointed after Allardyce

Alan Oliver writes about Shearer wanting the job after Allardyce today in The People. I like Alan Oliver in The People, I think once a week suits him & me.

his section on shearer never not calling him back, bar once, and him 'wanting to show that mr shearer for not retuning my calls, so i gave him a 4/10 in the chronicle' is cringe worthy.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The fact 'tomorrows'man, Shearer, should have been appointed after Allardyce

Alan Oliver writes about Shearer wanting the job after Allardyce today in The People. I like Alan Oliver in The People, I think once a week suits him & me.

his section on shearer never not calling him back, bar once, and him 'wanting to show that mr shearer for not retuning my calls, so i gave him a 4/10 in the chronicle' is cringe worthy.

Aye read that, makes himself look like a spoiled brat. ''Shearer didnt call me back so i gave him a 4/10''. Twat

Duff is awful, but i believe that Jonas would've been excellent in his team as well as a Bassong on form, as O'Brien was sh****

Jonas can't cross at all. Robert and Solano were expert crossers.

very true, Robson wouldn't have had Jonas anywhere near

Duff is awful, but i believe that Jonas would've been excellent in his team as well as a Bassong on form, as O'Brien was sh****

Have you read SBR aritcle? He makes it clear that Duff & Steven Taylor would be the only players close to getting into his side.

How many of the current side would have got into the Newcastle team in which Alan played who were involved in the Champions League? Steven Taylor and Damien Duff? Possibly. The rest, forget it.

Duff and Taylor are team players, i suppose - which is exactly what we were back then. A team.

Who'd have Andy O'Brien, Aaron Hughes, Oliver Bernard, Lua Lua, Cort, Caldwell in the squad nowadays? No one. That's what the difference is when you've got a stable club with a quality manager.

Still can't say i agree with him there, though. Jonas, for example, would have been brilliant in Bobby's team imo.

I'd take Hughes back anyday. Very versatile, didn't want him to leave in the first place

;D ;D

"As for Chris Hughton and respond to that Colin Calderwood, nice guys to invite to a picnic but not tough enough to have a genuine influence at a Premier League club as big as Newcastle."

My god, could you imagine a defence of Beye, Woodgate, Bassong, Bernard!  :fwap:  :smitten:

The only players that would get into or near the first team we had back then would be Beye, Bassong and Owen. Guthrie and Martins at a push...

I'd have Solano (at his peak) over Jonas any day tbh. And Robert pisses all over Duff.

Yet more wise words from Sir Bobby, great read.

Have you read SBR aritcle? He makes it clear that Duff & Steven Taylor would be the only players close to getting into his side.

How many of the current side would have got into the Newcastle team in which Alan played who were involved in the Champions League? Steven Taylor and Damien Duff? Possibly. The rest, forget it.

What's your point?

What's your point?

ERRRRRRR. Asking if you have read the article? As Bobby makes it clear which players would get in his squad.

What's your point?

ERRRRRRR. Asking if you have read the article? As Bobby makes it clear which players would get in his squad.

Taylor was in his squad before he was sacked.

What's your point?

Taylor was in his squad before he was sacked.

Fucking hell Wallace!!! No fucking shit. I can see you went off my quote which is not a true reflection what Sir Bobby wrote which was

I just wish Shearer had been appointed 16 months ago after Sam Allardyce was sacked. Instead, yesterday's man Keegan was appointed instead of tomorrow's man.

Interesting comment.

And completely accurate.

Newcastle have had one legendary manager, and his name was Bobby Robson, not Kevin Keegan.  One man was sacked and still turned up to see the club he loves despite being seriously ill.  The other fucked off to play golf while we were sucked into a relegation battle. 

This thread should be titled 'I Love Bobby Robson.'  No buts about it.

:lol: What a tool you are. Also I think if Joe Harvey was alive he would have something to say about that.

Bobbys team was a TEAM, and they had confidence in their own ability like no other team in this country. They also had a style of play in contrast to the present side, and players hungry to achieve things instead of being scared of the pressure at the club.

I think Bassong and Beye are the only players I'd put in Bobbys team.

-----------------Given-----------------

Beye--Bassong---Woodgate-Bernard

Solano---Speed--Dyer----Robert

----------Shearer---Bellamy-------

Bellamy, Robert and Dyer weren't teamplayers but they did fit in under a manager of Bobbys calibre.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bobbys team was a TEAM, and they had confidence in their own ability like no other team in this country. They also had a style of play in contrast to the present side, and players hungry to achieve things instead of being scared of the pressure at the club.

Bellamy, Robert and Dyer weren't teamplayers but they did fit in under a manager of Bobbys calibre.

Top 6 side in the current climate

Bellamy not a team player? Gerraway man.

weird comment, but i agree with the rest of alan's post.

On the pitch, yes, but as it proved under Souness he wasn't always putting the team infront of himself.

On the pitch, yes, but as it proved under Souness he wasn't always putting the team infront of himself.

That's a fair point.

Guest optimistic nit

i really dont want to start the bellamy argument again but there is no way i'd partner the owen we have now with shearer. we'd have 2 strikers with limited mobility playing up front. bellamy was the vital piece of bobby robsons team, and a post injury shearer is superior to a post injury owen, so owen would have to stay on the bench.

Didn't Bobby give Ameobi a new contract? Harper was also in Bobby's squad.

Solano and Robert piss all over Duff and Jonas.

Bit of a harsh comment about Keegan from Bobby.

Aye, but that was when Shola was around 22/23. SRB obviously thought he could develop him.