I love Sir Bobby Robson, but...

KaKa

its getting sillier and sillier to the point where its as if what he's achieved for this club (basically he saved us and paved the way for Sir Bobby and those high finishes and CL nights) didn't happen. You being a foreigner cannot possibly comprehend what KK means to the people of this club even outside of football matters so stick your s**** where it belongs.

He gave up all credit for those achievements when he came back and helped condemn us to lower league football again.

Im joking btw

Did he now. Fuck off :lol:

He saved us from relegation last season and we still had 35 games to play after he left. He is not responsible for where we are today, although he is very much responsible for our Premier League status. Surely the continuous following number of shambolic decisions from Ashley and co after KK left is proof enough that KK was working with complete and utter cretins who lack professionalism, experience, skills and the ability to run our club in any fit order. But no, KK's the villain, its all his fault and lets scratch away all he has done for this club and forget he ever existed. Again, fuck right off.

Did you read all of my post ;)

Guest Heneage

very clever

So you are saying that you know s*** all about Keegan too? Or are you the minority as you are young but appreciate him.

I personally don't feel geography or age should dictate the ability to discuss football or grasp an understanding, some of the oldest locals on here can talk the most crap at times. Its also quite patronizing to those saying you'll never understand. There are those that judge Keegan subjectively believing past works excuse him from this season, and those who judge him objectively, and believe that you are judged on now not then.

In a way their method can be perceived as better, as it does not have any rose tinted elements to it. How much slack does Shearer get because of what he did?

Guest Howaythetoon

I mean every word I said, in the same way that a none Geordie cannot possibly comprehend what beating the mackems really means to us, or losing to them. Unless you were here and lived it you will only ever get what KK did for us based on context, i.e. league finishes, games won, games lost etc. For many KK was much much more than a manager or even a name, he was and always will be an iconic hero to many and a real hero, not a Ketsbaia or Tino kind of hero, a proper one, for all he has done for our club and indeed City. Chicago_Shearer has no right to write to speak of KK like that. Fucking hell if it wasn't for KK do any of you idiots think the current "messiah" would have touched us as a player? Would he fuck as like, he'd have went to Man Utd and it would be us singing anti-Shearer songs and not them for turning us doon. Put it this way, if it wasn't for KK we'd be 8 or so games away from the end of a Championship campaign and not a Premier league one. Further back if it were not for Kk god knows what would have happened to this club. That satdium would have been demolished no doubt and a 25K seater stadium built on some waste land miles away while we yo-yo between the lower divisions and the one we could drop into this season, dreaming of places like Anfield and Old Trafford. Seriously, have a fucking word with yourselves man.

got to concur with HTT to an extent, the majority of foreigners and younger members on this board demonstrate a somewhat cringeworthy understanding of Keegan and what he means to the area and the club

The only cringeworthy thing I see here is the narrow minded xenophobia of certain members.

Don't like non-Geordies supporting the club? Well then you'd best fuck off from an internet forum where nearly 50% of the members are foreign.

got to concur with HTT to an extent, the majority of foreigners and younger members on this board demonstrate a somewhat cringeworthy understanding of Keegan and what he means to the area and the club

The only cringeworthy thing I see here is the narrow minded xenophobia of certain members.

Don't like non-Geordies supporting the club? Well then you'd best f*** off from an internet forum where nearly 50% of the members are foreign.

After 8 months I'm perfectly capable of ignoring the usual rubbish about Keegan being to blame etc, cheers

and I never implied anything of the sort btw

Chicago...

Says a lot.

Yeah, f*** me what do I know.  Although you do have SBR calling Keegan yesterday's man as well, but he's just a mouthpiece for Ashley as well.  Poor old King Kev, misunderstood by everyone.

dont see what is wrong with calling him yesterday's man. from what youve said it seems you don't even think he's worthy of that. fact is keegan was a great manager for us and as much as i love SBR his achievements for us werent nearly as good.

I just wish Shearer had been appointed 16 months ago after Sam Allardyce was sacked. Instead, yesterday's man Keegan was appointed instead of tomorrow's man.

Interesting comment.

And completely accurate.

Newcastle have had one legendary manager, and his name was Bobby Robson, not Kevin Keegan.  One man was sacked and still turned up to see the club he loves despite being seriously ill.  The other fucked off to play golf while we were sucked into a relegation battle. 

This thread should be titled 'I Love Bobby Robson.'  No buts about it.

what utter tripe.

Bobby Robson is a great man, a great manager and a true legend, but its a fact that for many many years he wasn't interested in managing Newcastle. Keegan was the only person prepared to save the club from complete oblivion in 1992. Not Bobby Robson for many years previous to that, or anybody. Just Keegan. And he did it. Bobby Robson managed Newcastle in the end, but he took over a club which had been totally transformed into a top club from a shit club by Keegan.

Kevin Keegan has been the biggest and most influential person in the history of this club since Joe Harvey.

Chicago...

Says a lot.

Yeah, f*** me what do I know.  Although you do have SBR calling Keegan yesterday's man as well, but he's just a mouthpiece for Ashley as well.  Poor old King Kev, misunderstood by everyone.

Newcastle have had one legendary manager

You wouldn't be supporting the club if it wasn't not for KK man.

Sir Bobby would never have done what KK did, come to an ailing second division club on the brink of relegation and going bust and that's not me having a dig at the man, just putting things into perspective. In fact without KK there would have been no Sir Bobby. They are both legends, as is Harvey the last man who won us a trophy who you conveniently failed to mention. I can understand people still being pissed off about KK leaving but f*** me, its getting sillier and sillier to the point where its as if what he's achieved for this club (basically he saved us and paved the way for Sir Bobby and those high finishes and CL nights) didn't happen. You being a foreigner cannot possibly comprehend what KK means to the people of this club even outside of football matters so stick your s**** where it belongs.

got nowt to do with being a foreigner. everything to do with being thick though. dont tarnish our overseas fans cos one of them made a laughably ignorant statement, plenty of geordies come out with  rubbish too.

For future reference, can we get some sort of scale on the forum.  I'd like to know whose opinions are 100% Geordie approved, and  whether non-Geordie ex-pat opinions are worth the same or less than non-Geordie UK based opinions, versus non-Geordie, Johnny Foreigner opinions.  And hows does the E.U. factor in, if at all?  Thanks.

Don't like non-Geordies supporting the club? Well then you'd best f*** off from an internet forum where nearly 50% of the members are foreign.

After 8 months I'm perfectly capable of ignoring the usual rubbish about Keegan being to blame etc, cheers

and I never implied anything of the sort btw

Good, after 8 months I've adjusted myself somewhat to ignoring the usual rubbish about the man with 50% responsibility for this debacle being made into some sort of sainted matyr.

Chicago...

Says a lot.

Sir Bobby would never have done what KK did, come to an ailing second division club on the brink of relegation and going bust and that's not me having a dig at the man, just putting things into perspective. In fact without KK there would have been no Sir Bobby. They are both legends, as is Harvey the last man who won us a trophy who you conveniently failed to mention. I can understand people still being pissed off about KK leaving but f*** me, its getting sillier and sillier to the point where its as if what he's achieved for this club (basically he saved us and paved the way for Sir Bobby and those high finishes and CL nights) didn't happen. You being a foreigner cannot possibly comprehend what KK means to the people of this club even outside of football matters so stick your s**** where it belongs.

got nowt to do with being a foreigner. everything to do with being thick though. dont tarnish our overseas fans cos one of them made a laughably ignorant statement, plenty of geordies come out with  rubbish too.

For future reference, can we get some sort of scale on the forum.  I'd like to know whose opinions are 100% Geordie approved, and  whether non-Geordie ex-pat opinions are worth the same or less than non-Geordie UK based opinions, versus non-Geordie, Johnny Foreigner opinions.  And hows does the E.U. factor in, if at all?  Thanks.

Obviously, votes of non-Geordie members should only be counted at 3/5 of Geordie votes on any polls.

Guest firetotheworks

I mean every word I said, in the same way that a none Geordie cannot possibly comprehend what beating the mackems really means to us, or losing to them. Unless you were here and lived it you will only ever get what KK did for us based on context, i.e. league finishes, games won, games lost etc. For many KK was much much more than a manager or even a name, he was and always will be an iconic hero to many and a real hero, not a Ketsbaia or Tino kind of hero, a proper one, for all he has done for our club and indeed City. Chicago_Shearer has no right to write to speak of KK like that. f***ing hell if it wasn't for KK do any of you idiots think the current "messiah" would have touched us as a player? Would he f*** as like, he'd have went to Man Utd and it would be us singing anti-Shearer songs and not them for turning us doon. Put it this way, if it wasn't for KK we'd be 8 or so games away from the end of a Championship campaign and not a Premier league one. Further back if it were not for Kk god knows what would have happened to this club. That satdium would have been demolished no doubt and a 25K seater stadium built on some waste land miles away while we yo-yo between the lower divisions and the one we could drop into this season, dreaming of places like Anfield and Old Trafford. Seriously, have a f***ing word with yourselves man.

Your point about Keegan certainly stands, but this whole not understanding what NUFC means because you're not from, or in Newcastle is sweepy.You're constantly banging on about what NUFC means to you as if the rest of us aren't worthy of your own vociferous loyalty. I'm not questioning yours, but at times it's like you question everybody elses, and it's fuckin bang out of order.

Guest Howaythetoon

I know, but quite a few foreign/none Geordie based fans talk a lot of crap where this club's history and especially where figures like KK are concerned. Oh and I'm aware I come out with a lot of crap :lol: doesn't excuse comments that basically say KK isn't an NUFC legend when he most certainly is and always will be. It irks me that no-bodies who do something daft in a match (ketsbaia) or score a hat-trick in a big game (Tino) get classed as legends. No people, they are not, not even heroes, its the likes of KK, Sir Bobby, Moncur, Shearer, Harvey, Wor Jackie, Hughie Gallacher, Super Mac et al that are heroes and legends.

SBR's accomplisments here don't even compare to Keegan's tbh.

very clever

So you are saying that you know s*** all about Keegan too? Or are you the minority as you are young but appreciate him.

I personally don't feel geography or age should dictate the ability to discuss football or grasp an understanding, some of the oldest locals on here can talk the most crap at times. Its also quite patronizing to those saying you'll never understand. There are those that judge Keegan subjectively believing past works excuse him from this season, and those who judge him objectively, and believe that you are judged on now not then.

In a way their method can be perceived as better, as it does not have any rose tinted elements to it. How much slack does Shearer get because of what he did?

don't know where you got the figure 18 from, but it's patronising as fuck and a pathetic arguement

I know, but quite a few foreign/none Geordie based fans talk a lot of crap where this club's history and especially where figures like KK are concerned. Oh and I'm aware I come out with a lot of crap :lol: doesn't excuse comments that basically say KK isn't an NUFC legend when he most certainly is and always will be. It irks me that no-bodies who do something daft in a match (ketsbaia) or score a hat-trick in a big game (Tino) get classed as legends. No people, they are not, not even heroes, its the likes of KK, Sir Bobby, Moncur, Shearer, Harvey, Wor Jackie, Hughie Gallacher, Super Mac et al that are heroes and legends.

I'm allowed to think that Keegan's a cowardly prick for what he did in September while still acknowledging his legendary achievements in the past.

Chicago...

Says a lot.

Sir Bobby would never have done what KK did, come to an ailing second division club on the brink of relegation and going bust and that's not me having a dig at the man, just putting things into perspective. In fact without KK there would have been no Sir Bobby. They are both legends, as is Harvey the last man who won us a trophy who you conveniently failed to mention. I can understand people still being pissed off about KK leaving but f*** me, its getting sillier and sillier to the point where its as if what he's achieved for this club (basically he saved us and paved the way for Sir Bobby and those high finishes and CL nights) didn't happen. You being a foreigner cannot possibly comprehend what KK means to the people of this club even outside of football matters so stick your shite where it belongs.

http://itq.e-skills.com/public/Image/ITQ/Verifier%20resources/nutshell.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way Sir Bobby calling him yesterday's man was him speaking metaphorically. He isn't implying that KK is a dinosaur of football or incapable of being today's man. I understood perfectly what he's saying, he's saying rather than looking back after Big Sam to someone like KK, look forward to err, someone like Shearer, that's all he's saying.

Guest Heneage

SBR's accomplisments here don't even compare to Keegan's tbh.

very clever

don't know where you got the figure 18 from, but it's patronising as f*** and a pathetic arguement

I only thought you were around my age that's all mate. It's not a dig or me commenting on you as a person. It also wasn't an argument, but when you said young members it struck me as weird as I had guessed you were included in that, even at 22 that's not terribly old. If you want to pull the patronizing card, your response to a genuine question was a far better example, but I still don't think age relates to intelligence.

I'm allowed to think that Keegan's a cowardly prick for what he did in September while still acknowledging his legendary achievements in the past.

no.

no.

Given your consistent contribution of insightful comments on this forum, I'd love to hear you elaborate :rolleyes:

fair play pal  :thup:

I was 2 months shy of my 7th birthday in May 1993 when Keegan got us promoted, it was a special time for all involved and obviously nothing that younger or foreign forum members can relate to, as good a Feyenoord (a) and the 5-0 against Man U were.

Not holding against anyone, it just shows pretty clearly, with some of the attitudes towards Keegan on this board.

Chicago...

Says a lot.

I'll try to remian impartial here, it is true that you don't have to be foreign to make a daft comment like you are doing, plenty of Newcastle born and bred posters have made similar stupid comments, [such as their lack of appreciation of the old board for years, which still continues] but your lack of appreciation - not to mention knowledge - of what Keegan did for this club as a player and even more so as a manager, says everything.

he was the only person with the guts to take over in 1992 though - maybe its YOUR comment that doesn't make sense

What exactly is the argument here? That people who are born and bred in Newcastle love the club more than people who were not born and bred in Newcastle and therefore appreciate what people like KK have done for the club more? Well, obviously.