Unhappy Adriano plans sabbatical

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest toonlass

must be a fuckin nightmare being paid a fortune to keep fit and play football week in week out i'd imagine, with the added incentive of shagging loads of gorgeous birds on the side

can see his dilemma

maybe money, fame and fanny isn't his thing

:kinnear:

Happiness does not come from any of those things.

christ i was pissing about man, have a sense of humour for once

kind of agree with djmattis though about it - if he's that fucking unhappy he should return all the money inter have pissed up the wall while he's been trying to get his head together then see how he feels*

i guaran-fucking-tee you he'd be a lot less happy as a binman or a toilet cleaner mate

incidentally, as you seem to know, where does happiness come from then?

*if he's got genuine mental problems then all of this is moot by the way, however no-one seems to be suggesting this so he's essentially just being a crying little bairn, until i'm told otherwise

EDIT: just to clarify this grates on me a bit for a number of reasons not least that i work like fuck in a shitheap of a country away from my family for weeks on end where i spend a lot of time not particularly happy - the difference is i don't have millions of pounds in the bank so i can just throw in my chips and fuck off home 'cause i don't fancy it any more

there are millions of people losing their jobs and homes around the world and this pisspot is turning his nose up at being a top level pro footballer, fuck him

Just wondering what you do and where you live. Its Korea or somewhere right? Are your family back in the UK?

Guest Heneage

Such a shame, could have been a legendary great.

With being one of the most one footed players ever he would always struggle to reach such a status, could of been a good striker in the history of Serie A or Inter though.

You don't get much more one footed than Lionel Messi but he's still the best around at the moment.

Having watched both I would say Adriano looks like he struggles at times being solely reliant on one foot.

Was Ronaldo great with both feet? He could have been a great goal scorer, he was always a physical beast.

With being one of the most one footed players ever he would always struggle to reach such a status, could of been a good striker in the history of Serie A or Inter though.

You don't get much more one footed than Lionel Messi but he's still the best around at the moment.

Having watched both I would say Adriano looks like he struggles at times being solely reliant on one foot.

Was Ronaldo great with both feet? He could have been a great goal scorer, he was always a physical beast.

I think yous are slightly missing the point, Adrinao could not hide his utter reliance on one foot others could with skill, powerful running & I am sure various other factors.  He would not of became a legendary great & as I typed he may have became  a good striker in the history of Italian league,a good one in the history of Inter & a footnote in Brazilian football.  I liked Sir Les he dominated the PL for a few seasons but he is not a legendary great,  he was a good PL striker & striker that people will remember in the history of Newcastle & QPR as well.

I am glad you posted Ronaldo because Adriano is not even in the same book as him never mind the same page. Here is a list of some of the players I class as legendary greats:Pele, Mardonna, Puskas, DiStefano, Garrincha, Cruyff, Duncan Edwards, Best,Shola & Moore if you think Adriano would of got to that level fair play to you for seeing that in him.

Yes he was.

I think yous are slightly missing the point, Adrinao could not hide his utter reliance on one foot others could with skill, powerful running & I am sure various other factors.  He would not of became a legendary great & as I typed he may have became  a good striker in the history of Italian league,a good one in the history of Inter & a footnote in Brazilian football.  I liked Sir Les he dominated the PL for a few seasons but he is not a legendary great,  he was a good PL striker & striker that people will remember in the history of Newcastle & QPR as well.

I am glad you posted Ronaldo because Adriano is not even in the same book as him never mind the same page. Here is a list of some of the players I class as legendary greats:Pele, Mardonna, Puskas, DiStefano, Garrincha, Cruyff, Duncan Edwards, Best,  Shola & Moore if you think Adriano would of got to that level fair play to you for seeing that in him.

Sneaked that one in there, like it.

must be a fuckin nightmare being paid a fortune to keep fit and play football week in week out i'd imagine, with the added incentive of shagging loads of gorgeous birds on the side

can see his dilemma

Came off more serious than I thought I did then :lol:  Just sayin, money and minge ain't everything. 

On tuesday im gonna do the Adriano test.

Im gonna stay at home, turn of my phone and not answer the doorbell.

I will repeat this behaviour for like 1-2 weeks.

Then im gonna tell my lawyer to call my work and tell them im tired of working and that i need time of, i MIGHT return if i ever feel like working again (that is IF i want to work again).

Im pretty sure its all a dance on roses really, and its fair towards my colleagues who work they ass of to have a calm and stable day at work even when im there, but hey its ME whos important here..

Work ethics anno 2009 is disgusting.

It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The guy is unhappy with life in Milan, with playing football in Italy and the pressures that come with that. Irrespective of whether he should enjoy being paid mega bucks to play football or not (ridiculous viewpoint anyway), he's not happy and not motivated to play. So he's almost certainly doing his club far more favours by not playing and accepting cessation of pay rather than doing what many professional footballers do, i.e. carry on picking up a weekly wage playing for a club they couldn't give a s*** about, putting in performances with zero effort (or just enough effort to not get singled out for abuse). Some even fake or exaggerate injuries so that they don't have to play. It's a team sport, and if he's not in it 100%, then he's letting his team down by continuing to play just so that he picks up his weekly wage.

With respect to your analogy, he's a footballer playing at a rich club with vast resources and a large playing squad, as opposed to being an office employee working for an organisation with limited resources/personnel allocated to specific functions (assumption). Hence, it's even better for him to not turn up if his head's not right (and not get paid for it), because it gives someone else the opportunity to play in the team and contribute to the team. It's not like Inter will be starting with ten men becasue Adriano has gone walkies.

In fact, having worked in local government for a few years, I can honestly say that what Adriano is doing is nowhere near as bad as many local government employees. Ones who go off sick with "stress" for 6 months on full pay for example.

Having everything you want and the world at your feet can make you as jaded as having nothing you want.

Same dilemma - How is my life going to get any better?

I don't know this through experience, unfortunately.

can see his dilemma

kind of agree with djmattis though about it - if he's that fucking unhappy he should return all the money inter have pissed up the wall while he's been trying to get his head together then see how he feels*

i guaran-fucking-tee you he'd be a lot less happy as a binman or a toilet cleaner mate

*if he's got genuine mental problems then all of this is moot by the way, however no-one seems to be suggesting this so he's essentially just being a crying little bairn, until i'm told otherwise

EDIT: just to clarify this grates on me a bit for a number of reasons not least that i work like fuck in a shitheap of a country away from my family for weeks on end where i spend a lot of time not particularly happy - the difference is i don't have millions of pounds in the bank so i can just throw in my chips and fuck off home 'cause i don't fancy it any more

there are millions of people losing their jobs and homes around the world and this pisspot is turning his nose up at being a top level pro footballer, fuck him

Just wondering what you do and where you live. Its Korea or somewhere right? Are your family back in the UK?

wife is in korea, parents are in the uk and i work in Azerbaijan

man, typing that in a sentence feels really weird

• 2 weeks later...

can see his dilemma

kind of agree with djmattis though about it - if he's that f***ing unhappy he should return all the money inter have pissed up the wall while he's been trying to get his head together then see how he feels*

i guaran-f***ing-tee you he'd be a lot less happy as a binman or a toilet cleaner mate

EDIT: just to clarify this grates on me a bit for a number of reasons not least that i work like f*** in a shitheap of a country away from my family for weeks on end where i spend a lot of time not particularly happy - the difference is i don't have millions of pounds in the bank so i can just throw in my chips and f*** off home 'cause i don't fancy it any more

there are millions of people losing their jobs and homes around the world and this pisspot is turning his nose up at being a top level pro footballer, f*** him

Same argument could be used towards endless things. People dont see things from others perspective, they see it from their own.

There are obviously millions far worse off than you who could have a go at you for claiming your not happy enough even though you have a job & a family.  That you're unhappy you dont get to see them for weeks, when they cannot see them atall. etc etc

Hard to appreciate what you have unless you've experienced being far worse off for a long period of time, same for anyone. Cant hold it against him tbh.

Exactly, you only get one life on this planet, if he's unhappy then he owes it to himself to do something about it. Maybe he's just one of the few players with enough intelligence and self awareness to think about these things.

We might complain about our shit 'normal jobs' and lives, but in reality we're in the richest 5% of people on this planet or something like that. So if Adriano isn't entitled to be unhappy, neither are we.

Left Inter today after a mutual termination of his contract.

I'm sure he'll get loads of offers this summer.

Surely they will have kept hold of his registration meaning a club that wants to sign him will still have to pay them? a la Chelsea with Mutu?

Guest LucaAltieri

Nailed on to join a club in Brazil, might go back to Sao Paulo again.

While I was in Italy last week there was plenty about him in the papers. Seems Inter fans are a mixture of pissed off and hoping he'll stay. I didn't think he was that big a player for them but they really don't seem to want to let him go.

Also, if he does play in Brazil it will more than likely be for his first club, Flamengo. Was reading in Gazzetta that it's the only team he'd consider joining. Joked about his grandma killing him if he joined any other club (if I understood correctly).

EDIT: Also:

http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raisport/Articoli/ContentItem-cb8076dc-e654-4da0-afae-c8c33ab42c93.html

RIO DE JANEIRO, 24 APR- Il Flamengo ha espresso la sua intenzione di ingaggiare Adriano che ha appena risolto consensualmente il suo contratto con l'Inter. 'Faremo il possibile perche' possa tornare a giocare con noi', ha annunciato Delair Dumbrosck, vicepresidente del club carioca dove l'attaccante ha debuttato nella massima divisione nel 2000, per poi 'emigrare' l'anno successivo in Italia nelle file dell'Inter.

Flamengo have expressed their intention to sign up Adriano that has just consensually brought to an end his contract with Inter. 'We will make it possible because he can return to play with us,' announced Delair Dumbrosck, vice-president of the club where the striker made his début in the top division in 2000, to then emigrate to Italy the following year in the ranks of Inter.

Rai also have some comments from the Sampdoria 'general director' about the possibility of signing Adriano but they sound more like wishful thinking.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heneage

He found his way back to football pretty fast i must say, but to be fair it has gone like a couple of weeks since he said he probably never will play football again so its really really understandable.  :no:

Are you not a bit pissed off? Player asks to be released on compassionate grounds then goes to sign for another club after claiming he will more than likely retire.  I'm surprised he's gone to Flamengo, he should have joined Corinthians that would have been a laugh.

He found his way back to football pretty fast i must say, but to be fair it has gone like a couple of weeks since he said he probably never will play football again so its really really understandable.  :no:

Are you not a bit pissed off? Player asks to be released on compassionate grounds then goes to sign for another club after claiming he will more than likely retire.  I'm surprised he's gone to Flamengo, he should have joined Corinthians that would have been a laugh.

inter should sue the fucking shit out of him for the money they paid parma, too late now in reality but why wouldn't they stipulate a time period clause when agreeing to release him?

bizarre