Stoke City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 28

JH

Guest Heneage

Bet it was because not many other clubs sell out their away allocation at Stoke.

The allocation doesn't cover half the stadium. :lol:

Apparently Martins was out in Jesmond today.

A dire performance in footballing terms, but a bit more fight shown

Ameobi is a legend in his own time - a player that not even his own club's fans can understand how 4 different managers(at least)continue to allow to wear the B & W shirt..

Carroll has a much better future in front of him provided that he can keep his head straight ; he is a greater threat physically, will contribute more to the team and I expect him to be the biggest beneficiary of Shearer's managership - especially if Al stays beyond this season.

The midfield couldn't hold/pass the ball to save their lives and Nolan/Taylor get worse by the week ; for all Stoke's physical style and home record, our team of 95/96 would have eaten them for breakfast - they would have been passed off the park....this shows how far the club has sunk in the last 10 years.

Despite the optimism, the club is still in a very serious position ; Spurs' recent record and climb away from danger gives no cause for optimism about our visit there, and the result at Boro will give them renewed heart for the battle ahead. I reckon the game with them at SJP could decide the club's fate.

Bet it was because not many other clubs sell out their away allocation at Stoke.

Yeah, but if other clubs take say 1000 and the Stoke fans fill their seats, that's less than what it was on Saturday with a packed away end.

Guest Heneage

Yeah, but if other clubs take say 1000 and the Stoke fans fill their seats, that's less than what it was on Saturday with a packed away end.

I fail to see your point mate? Their ground holds about 25-30k, last year it was at 16k.

Oh man, thank fuck for that.

I liked the idea of a 3 pronged attack (obviously before it was cancelled due to Oba).

But Ameobi?

I think if we are going to try it again, swap Carroll for Ameobi and get Jonas on. Why the fuck didn't he start!?

Where's them two dickhead stoke fans who said we'd get stuffed?

To be fair I think only 1 of them came across as a dickhead.

The other one seemed level headed enough to hold a sensible conversation (DannyStokie)

Don't know if this has been mentioned already (can't be arsed to look through 38 pages to find out) but Nicky Butt's performance on Saturday was nothing short of a fucking disgrace! His passing has been called into question a lot on this forum but i've honestly never seen a worse attempt at impersonating a professional footballer than his effort at the weekend. I watched the game with two mates (neither a Newcastle fan) and they were genuinley shocked at how shit we were, but in particular how shit Nicky Butt was. The number of times he passed the ball to the opposition, underhit short passes that my 3 year-old daughter could have made, ran the ball out of play etc. suggests he is absolutely the wrong man to have in the team during this relegation dogfight. I'd rather see Smith or Colocini playing the holding role if that's the best we can expect from Butt.

Don't know if this has been mentioned already (can't be arsed to look through 38 pages to find out) but Nicky Butt's performance on Saturday was nothing short of a fucking disgrace!

:lol: Pick any page and about half of it will be about him

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5191055,00.html

Beattie blames Bassong

Potters forward claims defender caught him 'on purpose'

Stoke City striker James Beattie feels that he was caught by Newcastle United defender Sebastien Bassong 'on purpose'.

Beattie suffered a head wound in his side's 1-1 Premier League draw with the Magpies last weekend after he was caught by Bassong's arm.

The former Sheffield United frontman was forced to have a dozen stitches on the cut, but is hopeful of being fit for Saturday's match versus Blackburn Rovers.

He told The Sentinel: "I think he got booked, didn't he? So the ref has seen it. I thought he did it on purpose.

"Either way, it hopefully won't stop me from playing. I don't know if I'll have to wear something to protect it.

"I'll have a word with the physio and he'll probably have me wearing something stupid!"

Biggest pile of bollocks I've ever heard.

Guest Heneage

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5191055,00.html

Beattie blames Bassong

Potters forward claims defender caught him 'on purpose'

Stoke City striker James Beattie feels that he was caught by Newcastle United defender Sebastien Bassong 'on purpose'.

Beattie suffered a head wound in his side's 1-1 Premier League draw with the Magpies last weekend after he was caught by Bassong's arm.

The former Sheffield United frontman was forced to have a dozen stitches on the cut, but is hopeful of being fit for Saturday's match versus Blackburn Rovers.

He told The Sentinel: "I think he got booked, didn't he? So the ref has seen it. I thought he did it on purpose.

"Either way, it hopefully won't stop me from playing. I don't know if I'll have to wear something to protect it.

"I'll have a word with the physio and he'll probably have me wearing something stupid!"

Biggest pile of bollocks I've ever heard.

I hope it does stop the little Everton reject from playing. Just makes me hate these more.

He won the header but accidently fell on him.  The ref wasn't going to book anyone until he seen the blood. FFS.

It was right in front of us and we honestly didn't believe Bassong did anything but win the header. Your latter point is completely right though.