Message to the Big A.C.

WhatTheFunk

Guest Rey Mysterio

Superb header. You could tell he really wanted it when he came on, fought for everything and was clearly fouled in the build up to his goal, two people had a hold of him as the throw came in, should have been a pen.

Nearly had the shirt off his back, it was a stonewaller.

I don't know if it was just me that spotted it, or if it was even a foul (not shown in any highlights or mentioned by anyone), but I thought Nicky Butt got pushed over right by the touchline just in the area, clear pen in about the 89th minute, did you see that? Me and my old man thought it was a clear pen, might have been seeing it through black and white glasses though...

If it had been outside the area it's a free kick every time.

Dowie seems good crack & putting the effort in

With Martins struggling with an injury and with Shola Ameobi labouring ineffectually alongside Michael Owen at the Britannia Stadium last weekend, it was left to substitute Andy Carroll to salvage a point for the Magpies with a late header.

That has thrust the 20-year-old target man into the spotlight on Tyneside and Dowie is determined to ensure the youngster does not become yet Premier League flash in the pan.

Although Carroll is strong enough to worry any burly centre-back, Dowie admitted he remains a raw talent in need of polishing on the training ground.

But with Shearer at the helm and with Dowie overseeing extra training sessions, United’s new management duo are

confident he will continue to improve as long as he keeps his feet on the ground. Dowie explained: “We’ve told Andy Carroll he needs to train as he plays. He is a handful in games, but he can be a little laid back at times in training, which is something we’ve talked to him about.

“But we like what we have seen and there is a player in there. He has fantastic power in the air, a super left foot and a nice aggression about him. If you get enough service to him in the box, he will be a handful. It really was a wonderful header against Stoke and you can’t deny that.

“He is a work in progress, but there is an excellent striker in there and he will get better. He’s still a youngster and he is fortunate to have a manager like Alan who played in that position.

“I’ve been working with him on the training pitch in the afternoon and I’m determined to make sure he gets all the help he needs. It’s important he keeps his feet on the ground.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/04/15/martins-reassured-over-united-role-61634-23387720/2/

If lumping/whacking it in the box is what we need to do to get out of the s**** then the 6ft 3inch Carrol could have a leading  role to play. But he needs to do a lot of improving to become a regular starter over the next few years.

At one time he used to be knocking off Tess O'Reilly who worked at Blue Velvet.

2nd left

http://file042a.bebo.com/4/large/2008/04/10/00/4078727169a7400511387l.jpg

It appears she has a thing for Footballers mind. As her and her mate to the left who I think is called Luciana (I think shes Italian or rents are Italian) were seen knocking around with Wes and Ole Soderberg.

Your right she is called Luciana.

Some her pics are at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Luciana-Bicallho-Official-Page/91782360561#/album.php?aid=171101&id=91782360561

who's the one 2nd right? she looks alreet like  :thup:

Dowie seems good crack & putting the effort in

With Martins struggling with an injury and with Shola Ameobi labouring ineffectually alongside Michael Owen at the Britannia Stadium last weekend, it was left to substitute Andy Carroll to salvage a point for the Magpies with a late header.

That has thrust the 20-year-old target man into the spotlight on Tyneside and Dowie is determined to ensure the youngster does not become yet Premier League flash in the pan.

Although Carroll is strong enough to worry any burly centre-back, Dowie admitted he remains a raw talent in need of polishing on the training ground.

But with Shearer at the helm and with Dowie overseeing extra training sessions, United’s new management duo are

confident he will continue to improve as long as he keeps his feet on the ground. Dowie explained: “We’ve told Andy Carroll he needs to train as he plays. He is a handful in games, but he can be a little laid back at times in training, which is something we’ve talked to him about.

“But we like what we have seen and there is a player in there. He has fantastic power in the air, a super left foot and a nice aggression about him. If you get enough service to him in the box, he will be a handful. It really was a wonderful header against Stoke and you can’t deny that.

“He is a work in progress, but there is an excellent striker in there and he will get better. He’s still a youngster and he is fortunate to have a manager like Alan who played in that position.

“I’ve been working with him on the training pitch in the afternoon and I’m determined to make sure he gets all the help he needs. It’s important he keeps his feet on the ground.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/04/15/martins-reassured-over-united-role-61634-23387720/2/

:dowie: will hopefully twig, that the points we need to survive will not be won in training by shola Ameoba

Guest BooBoo

Since we've proven time and time again this year to be incapable of supplying midget strikers with ammo or even playing a few passes, let's just play some long balls into the box and make use of Carrol in the air. Hell, it works for Bolton and Stoke, two sides doing considerably better than us this year.

Bolton and stoke have numerous big strong lads. We have andy carroll. We make a habit of sticking to long ball football & base all our work around crosses to him teams will pick it up quickly and just mark him out of the game. We still need to learn how to pass the ball a bit. Dont know why we'd give up on that, 4-3-3.....we have the players to play that formation easily.