Message to the Big A.C.

WhatTheFunk

Guest firetotheworks

where's that thread where everyone was writing him off for playing badly for 10 mins?

Probably in the same one where everyone was calling him a genius for playing well for 20 minutes. We're all fickle man, do you know that?

i slagged him to high heaven after the man city performance and rightly so imo. but he's put a major shift in today and after seeing him in the reserves this week i'm disapointed with shearer that he didnt start with him.

This. I'd assume Shearer tried to get Shola playing, now he knows he's still as shit as he was the day he left, that Carroll will now leap ahead of him in the pecking order.

Just got to hope that Alan appreciates all the qualities that he has shown this afternoon. Would be amazed if he doesnt.

Geordie Manager, Geordie Centre Forward... the team rebuilding starts here  :cheesy:

Could someone please merge this and the other Carroll thread, it's annoying having to post and check both for the same subject. Thankyou.

as said, it was because of a request.

Should have kept them seperate.

Wish someone could post in the old Andy Carroll thread and see what was written about him after those 10 minutes he played against City eariler in the season..

Never doubted him, always thought he had what it takes and hopefully he'll get to start the next game.

If lumping/whacking it in the box is what we need to do to get out of the s**** then the 6ft 3inch Carrol could have a leading  role to play. But he needs to do a lot of improving to become a regular starter over the next few years.

At one time he used to be knocking off Tess O'Reilly who worked at Blue Velvet.

2nd left

http://file042a.bebo.com/4/large/2008/04/10/00/4078727169a7400511387l.jpg

I hate to spoil the party but still, I dont think the kid offers much apart from in the air. He is fantastic in the air infact.

Dont get me wrong, I would suck him off after that goal he scored today but lets be honest, he was worse than hopeless in earlier performances this season.

I hope Im totally wrong but I think theres more chance of us sitting here in 8 years time and saying "Why the fuck are we persisting in playing that Carroll?, we've known for years he's not good enough", ie a Shola mark 2,  than there is of him being a genuine full time striker who the fans approve of for the club.

If lumping/whacking it in the box is what we need to do to get out of the s**** then the 6ft 3inch Carrol could have a leading  role to play. But he needs to do a lot of improving to become a regular starter over the next few years.

2nd left

:kasper:

I hate to spoil the party but still, I dont think the kid offers much apart from in the air. He is fantastic in the air infact.

Dont get me wrong, I would suck him off after that goal he scored today but lets be honest, he was worse than hopeless in earlier performances this season.

I hope Im totally wrong but I think theres more chance of us sitting here in 8 years time and saying "Why the f*** are we persisting in playing that Carroll?, we've known for years he's not good enough", ie a Shola mark 2,  than there is of him being a genuine full time striker who the fans approve of for the club.

Ask yourself this: Have you celebrated a goal recently the like you celebrated Carroll's goal today? That goal game as a result of two or three players picking up their game 2nd half, putting in that extra effort to drive us at Stoke. The big unit made damn sure we got just reward for that by powering hundreds of thousands' of people's hope into the back of the net. During the spell in which we scored, Jonas, Taylor, Butt and Duff picked up their game and we started to win those 50-50's. Carroll made damn sure we went home with something to cheer about.

I'm drunk and surprisingly spelling quite well, so it's all a bit too emotional atm. Soz like :lol:

Guest BooBoo

Easily our best player and a life saving goal scorer. Well done Andy, you put your more illustrious colleagues to thorough shame.

Guest JamesyJazz

Did anyone pick up his discarded chewing gum?There must be a Toon fan scientist out there who could use his DNA and rapid grow an entire squad based on his skill and bottle.

Or am I just grasping at straws?

2nd left

Christ the one on the far left looks like she's got a cock!

Strange how just like in the west ham game, he headed one barely wide from the far post before he scored.

It was like an exact replica.

Then his goal was near an exact replica...strange stuff.

What other player do we have whos looked even half dangerous from set pieces.

Have to play him if only for us to actually have any reason to cross the ball or take corners.

None of the others can head for anything atm.

Those celebrations were monumental like!!

Although different circumstances, they were a bit reminiscent for me of Dabizas at SOS in 01/02. Great times, as said by someone, haven't celebrated a goal like that for a while, could be huge.

I started to change my mind on Carroll after Wigan away, when he came on, completely changed the game and should have gotten us a point rather than ludicrously been booked for diving. He did the same today, just bullied two very big centre halves. There can't be many better centre forwards in the air than him in the Premiership - he's got the size and he knows how to use it.

Unlike Shola, who can win headers but tends to head them nowhere, Carroll gets great direction, as shown by his two goals. Could very well be one of our most crucial players in the next six games.