Joey Barton

JJ7

Guest The Libertine

we'll look like bigger mongs if we keep cheering and supporting this mess. he brings us and the whole club down with him when he fucks up.

I dont see how all this talk about second chances correlates with our fans booing our own players. At the start of the season it's just senseless, nowt good comes from this shite, only negativity.

They've all let us down badly, with 3 or 4 exceptions. Barton at least has the footballing ability to redeem himself

Guest The Libertine

the same team that are threatening to go on strike after getting us relegated?

i might be on my own here but they need to win my trust back before i start giving them unconditional support again. "fool me once" and all that.

Rich coming from someone who refuses to criticize the man mainly responsible for that relegation.

here we go again. just because i didnt agree with keegan quitting im a full on ashley fan. oh, and i criticise shepherd sometimes too so i must be ashleys boyfriend  :iamatwat:

grow up.

I've never booed a player, and I've given Barton loads of support, but I've no problem with people booing Barton in these games. He can't think badge kissing and chest beating will make him a cult hero again after this last (final?) straw? I would object to it continuing into the season, if that becomes the case.

If booing makes it clear we don't want this t*** anywhere near the club, I don't have a problem with it.

The twat can stay at the club as long as he talks on the pitch. As far as i'm concerned, a daft challenge on the field, which was mild compared to Nolans and Guthries, is not the same as chinning some fucker for no apparent reason. He promised to sort himself out off the field, he has kept out of trouble has he not?

He's the best midfielder we've got, unfortunately.

If booing makes it clear we don't want this t*** anywhere near the club, I don't have a problem with it.

And what if Al gets the managers job and decides that he wants to keep him?

I want Joey Barton at this club, simply for the reason, that he would be probaly the best midfielder in the Championship. He's damaged goods, but this works well imo. He's let us down, but all is forgiven in my book if he plays to potential next season. I couldn't really care if he went off raping baby puppies in spare time, as long as he gets it done on the shining green grass.

Guest Stephen927

A Barton and Guthrie partnership would be brilliant in the Championship, I'm just not sure if it's financially possible. We'll have problems shifting the likes of Alan Smith and Damien Duff on their high wages, so we might have to look at shifting Barton, as there'll always be a taker for him even if the buying club only pays half of his wages, it's still half of his wages off the books.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barton fancies Blues move : Joey Barton has declared that only a call from Everton could prize him away from Newcastle this summer.

Speaking to Sky Sports News, he said that only an offer from Everton would "test his resolve" to stay at St James' Park.

Enjoy playing against Scunthorpe Joey, they've even got one of your nicknames as part of their name.

Source : Goal.com

Barton fancies Blues move : Joey Barton has declared that only a call from Everton could prize him away from Newcastle this summer.

Speaking to Sky Sports News, he said that only an offer from Everton would "test his resolve" to stay at St James' Park.

Enjoy playing against Scunthorpe Joey, they've even got one of your nicknames as part of their name.

Source : Goal.com

Nobody calls him Thor, what you on about.

Just kidding, he's actually a massive saggy stubble strewn cunt.

I'm in the minority hoping that Barton will stay. We haven't seen him have a long run in the team, and when he has had a half decent run we have looked a better team. On the pitch, he doesn't give away half the fouls players like Smith and Nolan do, or at least it seems that way.

I can't help but feel that Shearer handled the Liverpool sending off badly, and acted without thinking properly. When you look at it, Barton's tackle was no worse than Nolans against Everton, or Guthrie's against Hull. He needs to learn to handle players differently - all top managers know that. I'm not saying talent wise that Barton is anywhere near, but do you think Ferguson dressed Cantona down in front of his team mates after the Palace kung fu kick?

We will never know what went on exactly, but I'm sure there was a way to punish Barton without finishing his career at Newcastle there on in. Even if Shearer had made his mind up that he didn't want him, effectively ending his career with NUFC so publically simply reduces the transfer fee you might achieve from him. If you at least pretend you want to keep him, you might get a better deal from the likes of Birmingham.

For starters, you certainly are in the minority wanting Barton to stay!

Secondly, you make a good point that Barton's tackle wasn't as bad as the Nolan or Guthrie tackles mentioned in isolation. The huge difference is that this was Barton's first game back, it was a crucial match and you can bet your bottom dollar that Shearer impressed upon him the importance of keeping control.

Which is the big point - when you really, really need your players to be professional, can you count on Barton? The answer is most certainly not...

When you really need your manager to think of the club first can you rely on Shearer to forget he's no longer a pundit on MOTD?

On that day you couldn't.

The t*** can stay at the club as long as he talks on the pitch. As far as i'm concerned, a daft challenge on the field, which was mild compared to Nolans and Guthries, is not the same as chinning some fucker for no apparent reason. He promised to sort himself out off the field, he has kept out of trouble has he not?

He's the best midfielder we've got, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
Guest neesy111

too many ppl defended him saying he had the most ability out of anyone in squad

he looks worse in the championship than in the premiership

nolan get's criticised but at least he's scored 3 goals unlike this little shit

not even had 1 game where i can say he was motm and he's been at us for 2 1/4 seasons now

total waste of space

not even had 1 game where i can say he was motm and he's been at us for 2 1/4 seasons now

total waste of space

A player who hasn't given a shit since day 1.

Guest neesy111

total waste of space

A player who hasn't given a shit since day 1.

true and dragged this club through the gutter, at least dyer and bellamy although little shit's actually did something positive on the pitch