Joey Barton

JJ7

What the f*** has he done? Honestly? Apart from scoring two penalties and making sure we get our fair share of red cards.

We should get rid while we've got the chance.

Don't know where people get he's our best mid from, he struggles to pass a ball in a straight line when he's not suspended or locked up.

better than any other midfielder we have.

Even though he doesn't manage a full season of games? As we've seen he's managed 6-7 games this season and that is down to him, nobody else. Fact is if he was foreign people would want shot.

Injuries are down to him?? Not sure about that one.

End of the day though, IF you could keep him fit and keep his head straight, he is a good footballer. Without a doubt. He would dominate the Championship.

Id rather take that chance than give him away and go into the new season with Nolan and Butt. But obviously, if he wouldnt take a pay cut or if our new manager doesnt want him, then fair enough.

What the f*** has he done? Honestly? Apart from scoring two penalties and making sure we get our fair share of red cards.

Don't know where people get he's our best mid from, he struggles to pass a ball in a straight line when he's not suspended or locked up.

Even though he doesn't manage a full season of games? As we've seen he's managed 6-7 games this season and that is down to him, nobody else. Fact is if he was foreign people would want shot.

End of the day though, IF you could keep him fit and keep his head straight, he is a good footballer. Without a doubt. He would dominate the Championship.

Id rather take that chance than give him away and go into the new season with Nolan and Butt. But obviously, if he wouldnt take a pay cut or if our new manager doesnt want him, then fair enough.

He was in jail for the whole start of the season LOL That loses him his pre season fitness so he's not going to be as fit to play so will pick him niggles. If you don't stick to your summer plan your never going to be ready for the season, he didn't. Follow that with suspensions when he did return meaning he couldn't get enough games under his belt to get match fit means more injuries will be picked up. More trips to court, misses more training and then finally topping it off with a nice suspension to finish off the season. Frankly he's the biggest waste of space this club has.

Guest Magpiecn

Hope Phil Brown take him away now.

What the fuck has he done? Honestly? Apart from scoring two penalties and making sure we get our fair share of red cards.

Simple really, who's better?

Nicky Butt, and i want to see Butt free transferred this summer.

Guest dover

Lets be honest about this, the club would be better off if we got rid of Barton, Butt and Nolan and replaced them with brand new players, that is what I'd like to see happen.

:clap:

Butt better than Barton?  That's madness, man.

I know Butt is terrible, over the hill, sloppy passer, but has had a couple of good moments in the last two seasons while being a complete model professional off the pitch keeping his nose clean and protecting the image of the Club.

Barton on the other hand has been a total cunt off the pitch, injured or locked up for most of the time, and when he finally gets on the pitch just dives in, gets sent off and puts us down to ten men, then has a pop at the manager and gets himself suspended for the rest of the season when we need players for the relegation battle in which we lost. That's not to mention when none of that has happened and he's made it through 90mins for a change he's generally been fuking useless. Can't defend, can't attack, can't do anything of note that makes him a decent footballer.

So yes, for me Nicky Butt is a better footballer than Barton, he's done a lot more for us over the past two seasons even if you don't take in to account what each of them have done off the pitch.

I could have picked any of our mid, i just wanted to pick our seemingly worst and show why he's better than Barton.

Fuking hell i cannot believe Barton has made me say something nice about Nicky Butt, for that he's an even bigger wanker.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Lets be honest about this, the club would be better off if we got rid of Barton, Butt and Nolan and replaced them with brand new players, that is what I'd like to see happen.

:clap:

Replace

Butt  :mick:

Barton  :ken:

and

Nolan  :waiting:

With 3 new fit, enthusiastic, talented players and we would look like a new team

Hi rivals Owen as one of the worst signing we've ever made in recent history.

Luque? Boumsong? Coloccini? Nolan? Ryan Taylor? Smith? All of these have been worse than Barton on the pitch. It's no wonder we're down.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Hi rivals Owen as one of the worst signing we've ever made in recent history.

Luque? Boumsong? Coloccini? Nolan? Ryan Taylor? Smith? All of these have been worse than Barton on the pitch. It's no wonder we're down.

Did any of them go out at 3am in a Mcdonalds and twat some 18 year old student repeatedly? Did any of them spend time in jail during their time here? Fucking joke man.

Guest Stephen927

We could probably agree a fee with a Premiership team for him quite easily for about £4m, it's shifting him when he's on very good wages here thats the problem. Given his past reputation I can't see many teams wanting to pay him as much as we do, we'll probably end up paying him a fraction of a wage right up until his contract here ends, even if he leaves. Sickening.

He really does need help if he thinks he might be welcome back.

I would back him if the new manager does, but he has long since run out of chances.

If your so dedicated to getting back on the right track, how about proving it by taking a pay cut.

Simple really, who's better?

Nicky Butt, and i want to see Butt free transferred this summer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :nope:

More reliable. To be honest though as has been said how many good games has Barton had ? He went missing in the last game until he lashed out.

Did you actually watch that game?

I wonder if Barton's prepared to sacrifice his career just for the money? If he insists on seeing out his contract I wouldn't be surprised to see Shearer sticking him training with the kids. If it is Shearer he can't possibly take him back, he would lose credibility, perhaps Barton is just hoping we get JFK back.

I wonder if Barton's prepared to sacrifice his career just for the money? If he insists on seeing out his contract I wouldn't be surprised to see Shearer sticking him training with the kids. If it is Shearer he can't possibly take him back, he would lose credibility, perhaps Barton is just hoping we get JFK back.

Shearer has said since that he's talked to him twice. I dont believe for one second that Shearer has already written him off, he's seen first hand what happens when you write off your best players prematurely because of indiscipline